Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia (12064 Views)

Man Shoots Wife Dead In Nasarawa Before Her Mother (photo) / Policeman Shoots Wife Dead In Error / Man Mistakenly Shoots Wife In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by alphabet43(m): 6:52am On Mar 02, 2011
Maximillian Ezimora, a Nigerian residing in Atlanta Georgia has been arrested for shooting his wife, Uchenna Ezimora, five times. Mrs. Ezimora, a registered Nurse described as very industrious, survived the shooting and receiving treatment at an Atlanta Hospital. It is not immediately known if her condition is critical.

Mr. Ezimora, who had attempted to shoot a female customer in 2010, is being held at the Fulton County jail in Atlanta where he is facing a two count charge of aggravated assault and illegal possession of deadly weapon. Both charges are considered a felony.

Mr. Ezimora hails from Adazi, in Anambra State, South Eastern Nigeria. He operates and manages the couple’s grocery store called Maxing Groceries on 337 Fletcher Street SW Atlanta.

Hopefully, this useless deranged neanderthal is put behind bars for a while. He obviously has life upside down. Reality check will hit him

http://www.talkofnaija.com/news/nigerian-man-shoots-wife-five-times-atlanta-georgia
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by chinakobo(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2011
Am still shocked because the guy is someone i know very well. only God knows what actually led to this. I pray the wife survives.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Cougar2: 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2011
but what is wrong with igbo men, igbo women that are registered nurses in america? this must be the 5000th case of a nigerian man shooting his igbo wife(who is a nurse) in america? this is bordering on genocide now.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by shollyaj(m): 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2011
Na wa oooo. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by member479760: 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
The guy don go America culture! vey bad indeed.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by seedord247(m): 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2011
THis is not American culture . . . .  how i wish i could know the cause of the quarrel! . . . . . . most of naija women if dem reach yankee dem go dey fumb to their hubby like say tomorrow no day. . . . . . But make we dey thank God shaaa she no die

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by titsqueez(m): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
1. man brings wife to US
2. man pays for wife to study nursing
3. wife graduates and start earning more $$$$$ than man
4. wife treats man like piece of sh'it
5. man endures untill point break
6. man fears he is beginning to lose his manhood
7. backed against the wall man decides to fights back
8. with weapon of choice (knife, rope, gun, fist) man launches counter attack
9. strikes a fatal blow on wife
10. wife dead

disclaimer: this is not a true reflection of what happens in all cases.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Shinatu: 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^^^^^^^
Why the man no do the Nursing himself?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 02, 2011
*Cougar*:

but what is wrong with igbo men, igbo women that are registered nurses in america? this must be the 5000th case of a nigerian man shooting his igbo wife(who is a nurse) in america? this is bordering on genocide now.
tit_squeez:

1. man brings wife to US
10. wife dead

This is becoming common unfortunately as in the states
(by way of MEDIA Nigerian men are viewed as "wife killers";
again that too is unfortunate as we all know i not to be true.
I hope the wife recovers and he gets what is coming to him.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by dowjones(m): 1:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
igbo women are quite stubborn, even bullets cant calm them, he should have tried rape instead ! grin
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by manny4life(m): 2:10pm On Mar 02, 2011
tit_squeez:

1. man brings wife to US
10. wife dead

Isn't it just ridiculous? Why do men have to assert their right all the time? Just because I brought you to America, therefore you owe allegiance to me. I hope the DA ask for the maximum sentence so he can languish in jail, f/u/c/king idiot.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by slap1(m): 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
I pray the woman recovers soon enough and the actual cause of the problem is looked into. However, I'm 100 per cent sure that this wouldn't have happened if they were in Nigeria. Goodluck to predator and prey.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by eastOFwest(m): 2:21pm On Mar 02, 2011
I think this article from GNT does more justice to the story and gives it more perspective in light of Nigerians in general.

Indeed, it has happened again! That was the cry among the Nigerian community in the United States when news about another family violence death broke. Sorrowfully the list of list Nigerian accused of murdering or attempted their wives grew today as a Nigerian man, Maximillian Ezimora, has been arrested in Atlanta after shooting his wife, Uchenna Ezimora, five times. The wife, described by a source as a hard working registered nurse in the Atlanta area, survived the shooting and is currently hospitalized.

Reports say 500 Nigerians are in US Jails charged with femicide
Mr. Ezimora, who reportedly hails from Adazi, Anambra State, is being held in Fulton County jail in Atlanta. He is charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and possession of firearms while committing a felony.
The couple owns a business, Maxing Groceries, on Fletcher Street in Atlanta. Reports have that the business license is in Mrs. Ezimora’s name.
Last year A Florida based Nigerian pharmacist, Olufemi Ademoye was charged for second degree murder for allegedly killing his wife over what family friends alleged as dispute over the paternity of the couple's 17 year old son. While on Aug 2010 One of Nigeria’s most respected poet and professor of English and Literature, Dubem Okafor died in the United States after shooting his wife Cheryl 37.

Other cases that made headlines are the Police arrest of a suspect, 41-year-old Kelechi Charles Emeruwa, on a first-degree murder warrant in the death of his wife. The children were unharmed and taken into custody by police. The children would be cared for by Child Protective Services until they could be placed with family members, according to police.
Emeruwa was charged in court the following day, Tuesday, with the murder of his wife.
In another case a Texas Dallas County jury recommended life in prison for Theophilus Ojukwu, 47, a Nigerian national after he pleaded guilty to the murder of his 36-year-old wife Melvina. The judge consequently sentenced him to life imprisonment. Theophilus on Saturday, March 25, 2006 reportedly fatally beat his wife on the head with a socket wrench while their four children, ages 4 through 9, were in the house and heard her screams.

Theophilus pleaded guilty after the 911 tape was played for the jury. In the recording, he admitted to the slaying. He is spending 40 years in prison before eligibility for parole.
Till Death Do Us Part’ seems to be a catch-all phrase demonstrative of how deeply in love bride and bridegroom are with each other when exchanging vows before a clergy, family members, friends and well-wishers. Little did Chidiebere, a nurse, know that her death would come in the hands of a man she once loved; a man that solemnly swore to protect her in sickness and good health, in poverty and in riches, and of course, a man that swore to be there for her until death do them part. Sadly, little did Ms. Ochulo know it was going to be a deadly broken vow!

This is another Nigerian marriage that ended deadly was in Burtonsville, Maryland on New Year, Monday, January 1, 2007. Another Nigerian abruptly ended the life of his wife in Burtonsville, suburb of Washington, DC. Mr. Kelechi Charles Emeruwa, 41, of Old Umuahia on New Year, cut short of his wife’s life, Chidiebere Omenihu Ochulo, 36, of Old Umuahia in their 4200 block of Dunwood Terrace in Burtonsvillle, Maryland home. It was reported that Chidiebere died from stab wounds. However, Officer Melanie Hadley, spokesperson for Montgomery County Police, could not confirm it citing, “official autopsy report is not out”.
Other similar stories of deadly domestic violence among Nigerians in the United States are the case of Mr. Theophilus Ojukwu, 46, of Enugwu-Agu, Ihe in Ogwu LGA, Enugu State, who killed his wife in their 5400 block of Barcelona Drive home in Garland, Texas on Saturday, March 25, 2006 has since been sentenced to life in prison.
Similarly, in Grand Prairie, a suburb of Dallas, Texas, Mrs. Monireti Abeni Akeredolu, a 46-year old Nigerian lady met her untimely death in the hands of her estranged husband, Mr. Ebenezer Akeredolu, Sr., 48, on Thursday night, September 8, 2005, a day after her birthday.

Also, on August 10, 2005 in Euless, a suburb of Dallas, another Nigerian husband, Johnny Omorogieva, 45, murdered his wife, Mrs. Isatu Omorogieva, 35, by savagely striking her on the head numerous times with a hammer in the full glare of his 7-year old daughter.
With the exception of Mr. Emeruwa who’s awaiting trial, these men have since been sentenced to prison. Unfortunately, the surviving children of these families are left to grow up without their parents.
Some people continue to wonder why some of these marriages end deadly. It appears that the gargantuan societal pressure of living a good life coupled with an undue burden from family members in Nigeria continue to exacerbate the already troubled many Nigerian marriages. Additionally, some Nigerian marriages in the Diaspora are steadily and surely growing out of love. Compounding the marital problem is the issue of infidelity on both sides.

Sadly, infidelity has ruined some Nigerian marriages in America. Some of the recent divorces have claims of infidelity as their primary causes of marriage travails.  Marital infidelity is causing a vast majority of Nigerian marriages flagging with the inevitability of total collapse. No other Nigerian community has suffered more jinx of infidelity than the Dallas area Nigerians.
The aspersion has permeated the fabric of what was once considered a cohesive community. This has broken the trust members of Nigerian community once had with each other. Sad still, the infidelity among Nigerians has been worsened by the recent trend.

The latest trend is the annual visit—pilgrimage as some call it—the men pay to Nigeria in the month of December. While in Nigeria some of these men engage in a high risk behavior with flawed boldness and reckless and perhaps, short-lived excitement in the face of ravaging effects of AIDS. This reckless behavior is utterly deplorable.
Nevertheless, it’s not only dreadfully wrong, but also sacrilegious for anyone to take the life of the other, especially his or her spouse. There are other options to get out of a marriage besides killing a spouse. Domestic violence is not one of them; Nigerian community everywhere must help stop this madness—domestic violence!
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by kollyp2000(m): 2:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
I wonder what the woman would have done to aggreviate her husband's anger
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by SweetT1: 2:27pm On Mar 02, 2011
9 in 10 of these incidents are amongst the Igbo people. And i'm not trying to start a tribal debate but it is the fact.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Cougar2: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
tit_squeez:

1. man brings wife to US
10. wife dead

grin grin grin grin grin

men should know that is inevitable.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 02, 2011
this wouldn't have happened if they were in Nigeria

probably not.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Cougar2: 2:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
kollyp2000:

I wonder what the woman would have done to aggreviate her husband's anger

she probably gave him her panties to hand-wash.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by johnjoel(m): 2:48pm On Mar 02, 2011
may god help us
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by otokx(m): 2:49pm On Mar 02, 2011
5 times and she is still alive - probably reminds me of The God Father.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Cougar2: 2:50pm On Mar 02, 2011
otokx:

5 times and she is still alive - probably reminds me of The God Father.

or tupac!
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by sweetguy10(m): 3:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
I would have done the same if I were in the man's shoes( wife treating me like garbage ) but thank God I'm working on my temper and i've learn to overlook things
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by nvo5(f): 4:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
I don't blame the man, most of this women
claims to love this men, marry them and the
man takes the aboard train them and when
the money starts coming this woman changes
into a monster. But murder is not the best option
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by SisiKill1: 4:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
Deja vu. . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-160981.0.html

@ Topic
I just love how people already know it's the husband who "brought her to the country". It's a no brainer, after all we all know the only way a woman can get to the US is through a man.

Darn those Embassy people for putting that clause in the visa application, if they hadn't done that, the men won't have a Godlike complex over their wives and these women will be alive today. . . I blame them for this. angry angry
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by hilli666(m): 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2011
What does the man being Ibo have to do with anything Are Ibo men more inclined to domestic violence, and is there scientific evidence to back such claims? It just seems to me that a frustrated man shoots his wife, and is soon going to pay the penalty for such a nefarious act. Whether he is Ibo or not is totally irrelevant, or else you can scientifically prove other wise. I am more concerned that you can't seem to abstain from tribalising every single thing.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Princek12(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
hilli666:

What does the man being Ibo have to do with anything Are Ibo men more inclined to domestic violence, and is there scientific evidence to back such claims? It just seems to me that a frustrated man shoots his wife, and is soon going to pay the penalty for such a nefarious act. Whether he is Ibo or not is totally irrelevant, or else you can scientifically prove other wise. I am more concerned that you can't seem to abstain from tribalising every single thing.

Being Ibo has to a lot do with many things. Can you explain the fact that a substantial majority of this cases are perpetrated by Ibo men? That is a  fact. It may be coincidental or may be traceable to Ibo culture. But the facts are indisputable.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Cougar2: 5:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
hilli666:

it's prevalent with the igbos. something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by titsqueez(m): 5:39pm On Mar 02, 2011
and why is it that almost all these women are nurses. What about wives who are into IT, banking, sole trading etc. why nurses? I think husbands who bring their wives over need to find other professions for them, prefarably a 9 to 5 with no option of overtime and weekend work.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Mar 02, 2011
Is this a part of the culture?

Bring your wife over, Raise her to become a nurse, Later kill her
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by duduspace(m): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2011
Yeah, I'm a man and the head of my house and I dont need counselling when stresses and strains are caused by culture shock and changing circumstances. Why do some people never learn that you can always walk away.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by Cougar2: 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2011
dayokanu:

Is this a part of the culture?

Bring your wife over, Raise her to become a nurse, Later kill her

i don't think so. i think many husbands have brought wives to the states, trained them as nurses and they live happily ever after(if the wives are still level-headed). but when the wives decide to wear the trousers in the relationship then homicide is imminent.
Re: Nigerian Man Shoots Wife Five Times In Atlanta, Georgia by nethacker(m): 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
most RNs in yankee here r so arrogant and saucy as if its their money dat will marry them, even d young babes dat r RN r so pompous and end up marrying thru hook-ups frm 9ja grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Arrested In The UK For Unprovoked Attack On Teenage Girl / Nigerian Man Arrested In Sa Kaew, Thailand (Photo) / Anambra Woman Sells Three-Month-Old Grandson For ₦‎50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.