Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,155 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Date Of Birth Scam Alert - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Date Of Birth Scam Alert (328 Views)

Scammers Now Use Date Of Birth As Their New Format Of Lies / Bitcoin Scam Alert / (Scam Alert)Avoid this fuel station if you live around this axis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Date Of Birth Scam Alert by Kpeshi10(m): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
HELP!!!
I just got a call this morning from this very number; 09038986347, he called telling me that he's from my bank, he knew my name quiet well, but when i asked him which bank he was calling from he said "Union bank" (which was incorrect, i have nothing to do with the bank)....
He told me that they noticed an alteration in my date of birth, he asked whether my date of birth was 01/01/2019 or 12/12/2020 (dates withheld). I was surprised when he mentioned my date of birth, but i kept quiet i didn't respond, and he hung up.
Please help, don't know if i should be worried or not.
Cc
Seun
Lalasticlala
Re: Date Of Birth Scam Alert by Kpeshi10(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
Lalasticlala
Seun
Cc
Re: Date Of Birth Scam Alert by Ethanuella: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
So, it's either you are a year or 4 years old. Clap for yourself
Re: Date Of Birth Scam Alert by TThhoorr: 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
Next don't be dumfounded tell him you've no account with said bank and also give him option C which will make him more confused go to your bank re-secure your account

1 Like

Re: Date Of Birth Scam Alert by RealLordZeus(m): 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
Your details are probably exposed through one of these numerous apps!

But there is no room for panic as they are kind of useless unless you give them some sort of security validations.

However if you are scared,
A) change your pin
B)Block your current debit card and request for a new one.

1 Like

Re: Date Of Birth Scam Alert by Kpeshi10(m): 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
TThhoorr:
Next don't be dumfounded tell him you've no account with said bank and also give him option C which will make him more confused go to your bank re-secure your account
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Date Of Birth Scam Alert by Kpeshi10(m): 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
RealLordZeus:
Your details are probably exposed through one of these numerous apps!

But there is no room for panic as they are kind of useless unless you give them some sort of security validations.

However if you are scared,
A) change your pin
B)Block your current debit card and request for a new one.
Thanks alot, i appreciate

(1) (Reply)

FG Ban FSARS From Carrying Out Routine Patrol And Checking Phones / House Of Reps Member, Obinna Chidoka, Clashes With Police Officers Who Allegedly / Ukpo Divisional Police Headquarters: Maybe A Curse To Ukpo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.