Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) (25627 Views)

Miss Of The Year: Aubameyang Fails To Score Open Goal Vs Benfica (Photos, Video) / Tottenham Complete Loan Signing Of Vinicius From Benfica With £41Million / Real Madrid Unveil Luka Jovic After Signing For £62m From Frankfurt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by vanida6: 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
The Portuguese international has signed a long-term deal and says that Pep Guardiola's side share his winning mentality

Ruben Dias has completed a £62 million ($79m) move to Manchester City, signing a six-year deal after having impressed with Portuguese giants Benfica.
Nicolas Otamendi has also completed a move in the opposite direction to Benficain a deal worth £14m ($17m).
Dias, 23, who could cost a further £3.3m with add-ons, says he cannot wait to work with City boss Pep Guardiola, a man he believes can improve his all-round game.

*“To have the opportunity to join a club like Manchester City is fantastic for me and one I couldn’t turn down,” he said.

“Their success speaks for itself. They have been the dominant team in Englandover the last few years, playing an attacking brand of football which I feel suits my own game.

“It is really exciting to be part of such a talented squad and to play for a world-class manager like Pep Guardiola, who has a proven track record of developing young players like myself.
“I believe I can improve here, at a club whose ambitions match my own and I will give everything to be successful and win titles.”
Dias is City's third signing of the transfer window following deals for fellow centre-back Nathan Ake and winger Ferran Torres and ends a long wait to replace former captain Vincent Kompany, who left in May 2019.

The defender, who could make his debut at Leeds on Saturday, won the Portuguese title with Benfica after coming through the Portugalclub’s academy and says both sides share the same desire to win trophies.

“The competition is different and here the opponents will be a level higher, but the mentality of the club is the same, it is win or win,” he said.
“I am a player that loves to win, a player for the team, for the fans, a player that loves this family spirit which I've felt a lot since I have been here.
“I am an aggressive player and I love what I do. I love the game and without getting into too much detail, because it is something you will see when I start playing, the most important thing to say is I love to win and that is the thing you most need to know about me.”

Dias has won 19 caps for Portugal and will join up with international team-mates Bernardo Silva and Joao Cancelo at the Etihad Stadium.
“We have been in touch, not just this year but for the last two years perhaps,” he added.
“Obviously, the talks were amazing because you only hear amazing things about the club and about the environment.
“When the word came, I was just really happy to be able to join.”

A new centre-back has been City's priority all summer, with Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly, Sevilla's Jules Kounde and Atletico Madrid's Jose Gimenez among alternatives considered.
Director of Football Txiki Begiristain believes they have got the right man having watched Dias's progress for the past two years.

“Ruben is a player we have admired for some time and we have been impressed with how he has progressed at Benfica,” Begiristain said.
“He has developed into a real leader and as a defender, he has all the attributes we are looking for. He is strong in the air, good in one vs one situations and technically he is very good, so we are confident he can thrive in our system.
“He is another talented addition to the squad and someone who is only going to get better working under Pep.”

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/dias-says-he-could-not-turn-down-man-city-after-completing/ekybqla2v767176rwkbwrbpnv

4 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by chybuzky(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
Welcome to city

1 Like

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by internationalman(m): 11:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
Man City defense budget will soon surpass that of USA, yet they are still getting ripped apart by opponents.

Maybe Guadiorla is overrated after all.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Jafar1: 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
internationalman:
Man City defense budget will soon surpass that of USA, yet they are still getting ripped apart by opponents.

Maybe Guadiorla is overrated after all.

Can u mention atleast 3 better coaches??

Modified:
Some of u guys mentioning
Hansi flick,
Julian Nagelsmann,
Pochettino, and even
Arteta...

Seems u don't know consistency is also a criteria to consider in determining a better coach...
How many seasons have past without guardiola raising a trophy..
When u are good, people expect u to be surprising them everyday, the same applies to Giardiola..
U expect him to win UCL or treble every season..

Hansi flick won treble doesn't make him better than Guardiola.. something guardiola won long before him..
How many trophies does Hansi flick have to his name?
How many teams has he coached so far?

As for the rest?
what have they even achieved?

Imagine somebody even mentioning arteta..grin

SMH

60 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by kenzysmith: 11:24pm On Sep 29, 2020
pep is a fraud just wasting man city money they should appoint Mikel arterta to take over

2 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by kenzysmith: 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
[quote author=Jafar1 post=94452341]

Can u mention atleast 3 better coaches??[/quote Mikel arterta , pochettino, liezig coach

2 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by kenzysmith: 11:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
pep is a racist the only reason he pull out of koudibaly because he is black African believe me

23 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Loudsmoker: 12:33am On Sep 30, 2020
Check out the best transfer signings from last season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t-rHJBIcX0
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by gistsmill04: 12:46am On Sep 30, 2020

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by motionarena: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2020
This is just a useless and greedy buy upon all d central defenders he has already

2 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Yuboski: 9:18am On Sep 30, 2020
Bye broas
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2020
cheesy

I hope they didnt pay to Nigerian Politicians because they will loot the cash
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 30, 2020
See what Leicester caused.

3 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by donMIG(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2020
This man sef don tire me!

Is the coach fading out?

4 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Davicjoe(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2020
With all d signings, they still will not get to champions league semi final.

3 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Homoth(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2020
Isssoooookkkk
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by JimmyAdekanbi(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Wish him all the best..
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by eazylion01(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2020
For sale. Compaq 610. Giveaway price 30k. Slightly negotiable

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by BigBelleControl(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Dias wasn't Pep's first, second or even third defensive options but he quickly completed his deal after conceding five goals again Liescester.
Let him go and bring Cafu, Cannavaro, Carlos or even our own Taribo West from retirement, he go still chop am this season.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2020
imagine if na mou get the Money chance
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by AmbFmk: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2020
Good move.

SEVEN LUCRATIVE ONLINE BUSINESSES THAT NIGERIANS CAN DO
Download the free ebook here. ��
https://gum.co/DEuUeG

https://www.wealthonnet.com/2020/09/7-lucrative-online-business-that.html

1 Like

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by BanMeAndFaceDWr: 9:22am On Sep 30, 2020
Ok
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Kingluqman(m): 9:22am On Sep 30, 2020
kenzysmith:
pep is a fraud just wasting man city money they should appoint Mikel arterta to take over
I hope you are okay like this sir? Appoint who? Arteta wey Dey give us little joy in recent time, na en you wan make dem snatch from us.

You wan make dem use beating kill Arsenal abi.. grin

7 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by obi4eze(m): 9:22am On Sep 30, 2020
Hundreds of millions of pounds with little to show
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Skmoda360(m): 9:22am On Sep 30, 2020
vanida6:
The Portuguese international has signed a long-term deal and says that Pep Guardiola's side share his winning mentality

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/dias-says-he-could-not-turn-down-man-city-after-completing/ekybqla2v767176rwkbwrbpnv
At the end of the day they will still chop 2-5 from a lesser team....... shocked obembet, what do you have to say about Manchester United match tonight against Brighton ? undecided
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by ogbiwa: 9:22am On Sep 30, 2020
Hope he's worth it.
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by lagusboyyy(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2020
Pep Guardiola keep wasting millions of pounds on defenders without them yielding positive defensive impact for the team.

The only thing helping Manchester city is their potent attacking tactics, millions upon millions on defenders, yet none of them held it down like Vincent Kompany.

Sometimes individual player do help team positively, either by contributions on the pitch, motivation or leadership traits, just like how van dijk is helping Liverpool, thats what man city needs.

QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.

6 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Kingluqman(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2020
It’s a good signing for them anyway..
Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by donMIG(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2020
Jafar1:

Can u mention atleast 3 better coaches??
u

Not an assnal fan n I hate to say this
Arteta is beta than Pep given the budget n Squard he had to work wuth n produce positive results!

He has been spending like a mad dog
All the trophy he won for city he has spent all the moni plus more on players he will waste dia life

Klop beta than that fvcker
Zidane beta
Anceloti beta

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2020
eazylion01:
For sale. Compaq 610. Giveaway price 30k. Slightly negotiable
no be only give away price 30k

Very old laptop

I'm sure you have taken it to the market and it was priced at 20k

I rather buy a new mini laptop with the 30k than buy what my ancestors will even reject grin

12 Likes

Re: Dias Completes £62m Manchester City Move From Benfica(photos) by Logon59: 9:23am On Sep 30, 2020
65m for an untested defender. Hmm. Wish him all the best though.

Contact me for your beautiful and professional architectural building designs from any location and at really decent costs. Chat or call 0816 124 7898 or see signature below for more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Take-aways From The Nigeria-italy Match / Chidi Ofor Okenwa Is Dead / Frank Lampard Returns As Chelsea Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.