Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,419 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep (347 Views)

Get Your Songs Mixed And Mastered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep by Bauckz: 6:04am On Sep 30, 2020
I decided to write on this topic because of what I have noticed is the norm among up and coming musicians in Nigeria. First of all, making a good and catchy song is one thing, but also, the presentation matters. What I termed presentation encompasses many fields like social media posting, music video to go with a single and mix and Mastering. While most might feel their songs are not nice enough to "blow" is because the songs itself, sounds lifeless and unprofessional. In essence the fact that the song was mixed by an amateur or in some cases, the artist themselves, it sounds "wack", if you ask any professional musician like Burna Boy or David, they will tell you how much and how far in some cases they had to sacrifice to get the professional sound we all know and love, most up and comers in Nigeria prefer to spend on buying fake Balenciaga and Gucci than actually spending on their craft, if you're an upcoming artist, I advice that no matter the cost, it's important to pay a well trained sound engineer because that little act can go a long way in giving the artist a more professional sound and branding.

Re: The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep by BenDanor(m): 11:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
Bauckz:
I decided to write on this topic because of what I have noticed is the norm among up and coming musicians in Nigeria. First of all, making a good and catchy song is one thing, but also, the presentation matters. What I termed presentation encompasses many fields like social media posting, music video to go with a single and mix and Mastering. While most might feel their songs are not nice enough to "blow" is because the songs itself, sounds lifeless and unprofessional. In essence the fact that the song was mixed by an amateur or in some cases, the artist themselves, it sounds "wack", if you ask any professional musician like Burna Boy or David, they will tell you how much and how far in some cases they had to sacrifice to get the professional sound we all know and love, most up and comers in Nigeria prefer to spend on buying fake Balenciaga and Gucci than actually spending on their craft, if you're an upcoming artist, I advice that no matter the cost, it's important to pay a well trained sound engineer because that little act can go a long way in giving the artist a more professional sound and branding.
Thanks alot for this. A bad sound can just turn off someone from listening to a music. Meanwhile, I want to ask. I want to go to a recording studio for the first time and I'll love to to know if I have the full right to tell the producer every single thing I want in my song or he will be the song to tell me what should be in my song e.g type of instrument, progression, etc

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep by Bauckz: 6:18am On Oct 03, 2020
The saying, "The customer is always right" applies here, you are very free to let the producer know what you want? I'm sure there's a way you're hearing the song in your head, you are the only person that can explain it best, but sometimes you have to listen to the producer's advice, seeing as he's most likely a professional, hit me up on what's app, 07032128163 for more questions and professional Mix and Mastering services @ affordable rates.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep by BenDanor(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
Bauckz:
The saying, "The customer is always right" applies here, you are very free to let the producer know what you want? I'm sure there's a way you're hearing the song in your head, you are the only person that can explain it best, but sometimes you have to listen to the producer's advice, seeing as he's most likely a professional, hit me up on what's app, 07032128163 for more questions and professional Mix and Mastering services @ affordable rates.
Thanks alot
Re: The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep by Geeneral: 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hey guys,

I'm moving and selling some studio equipments i just bought last year at give away prices
(Lagos)

Hs5 Yamaha N135,000

Focusrite 2i4 - N65,000 (2nd Gen)

Oxygen 49, Midi Keyboard N55,000

Yamaha 16 channel Mixer - N70,000

Rack and some mics

You get free cables

09041791204 call me now limited time offer

Slightly negotiable
Re: The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep by Namechequer: 4:13am On Oct 10, 2020
Thanks
Re: The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep by Namechequer: 4:16am On Oct 10, 2020
Ok.
Re: The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep by Bigdiddo(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2020
We assist, we achieve, come make the flows bounce on the beat xtremely professional with good directives...
We Do Good Music,
good production with quality mixing and mastering at it best at the beat diggaz nation music studio
Holla 08085758577 for more info or find us @
6 adedokun str, off palm avenue olorunsogo bus stop Mushin Lagos ....
Re: The Importance Of A Properly Mixed And Mastered Song/ep by Lina555: 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
Did anyone try using AI for music creation? I've just looked through eMastered reviews and it seems to be a great option for musicians who want to get their music mastered without breaking the bank. The AI technology makes it easy to get a professional-level sound without having to hire an engineer. I'm thinking about giving it a try.

(1) (Reply)

New Hot Single From A Fast Rising Naija Artiste / Radio Promotion / Record A Song For #7000 With Free Online Promotion/shows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.