Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 (3098 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Arsenal: 89% (26 votes)
Leyton Orient: 10% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Vs Swansea (1 - 2) On 2nd March 2016 / Manchester United Vs Watford (1 - 0) On 2nd March 2016 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona - El Clasico (2 - 1) On 2nd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by mukina2: 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
Arsenal have a lot of pressure on them heading into Wednesday's game. The players were visibly devastated at the final whistle in the Carling Cup final but they will have to pick themselves up for tonight's game to ensure they don't slip up against their League 1 opposition. All the history is on Arsenal's side. They have never lost to Leyton Orient at home and have not lost to lower league opposition in the FA cup during Arsene Wenger's reign.  Sunday showed however, that history and precedent mean nothing in cup competition.

Leyton Orient  have nothing to lose when they line-up against Arsenal and will have gained confidence from their performance in the first game. Leyton Orient are unbeaten in thirteen games, including six on the road and so form is not an issue. The prospect of a quarter-final at Old Trafford will only serve to further Leyton Orient's determination in this tie.

This will be the Gunners' sixth game in nineteen days. If they are still smarting from the weekend's defeat then the pressure may get to them. They also have the distraction of upcoming games as well as the absence of several key players.  This could be the perfect time for Leyton Orient to play Arsenal. While it will take a huge effort to achieve this unlikely upset, Leyton Orient have already shown in this year's FA Cup that they have the fighting spirit to come out on top.

Arsenal Team News
The injury list is long, as expected from such a fixtures pile-up. Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott, Laurent Koscielny and Alex Song are all absent. Tomas Rosicky and Nicklas Bendtner are expected to step in.  Abou Diaby is likely to be at the centre of midfield.

Leyton Orient Team News
Hero from the first game Jonathan Tehoue has recovered from a migraine and will play some part. Jason Crowe is back in contention after a knee injury but Harry Kane is suspended and Captain Stephen Dawson only has a slim chance of playing.

Match
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by azeeza(f): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2011
Daisy game it will be,with most of our key players down with injury, pls make us proud 2nite wink 

IN WENGER I TRUST
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by silvaspecs: 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
@ MUKINA2, the way u analyze this sports makes me wonder somtym if u are really a lady that u say u are. 9s wrk kip it up!
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by holydante(m): 6:38pm On Mar 02, 2011
Self believe is key right now for ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ gooners; with only 17 players fit ( ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ keepers inclusive) out of ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ whole bunch,whoever that is called upon to wear their jersey should know that its not big names that makes games tick but ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ famed grit and determination, wishing them luck but I wouldn't mind if Leyton Orient will pip them to ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ next round(afterall Reading did Everton in yesterday) this'l help further lower morals prior to their Nou camp kiddies visit.

I want next round of CL for my team @ arsenals expense (no ofeinse)

We are Barcelona
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by babs787(m): 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
Self believe is key right now for ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ gooners; with only 17 players fit ( ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ keepers inclusive) out of ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ whole bunch,whoever that is called upon to wear their jersey should know that its not big names that makes games tick but ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ famed grit and determination, wishing them luck but I wouldn't mind if Leyton Orient will pip them to ‎​d̶̲̥̅̊ next round(afterall Reading did Everton in yesterday) this'l help further lower morals prior to their Nou camp kiddies visit.

I want next round of CL for my team @ arsenals expense (no ofeinse)

We are Barcelona

Are you afraid of Arsenal?
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by slap1(m): 6:45pm On Mar 02, 2011
I just pray The Gunners come out victorious, by hook or crook. AMEN!
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by chelseabmw(m): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
Sorry to ask which arsenal is playing? Is it same arsenal dat lost d carling cup final? Lolzzzzzzz
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by sley4life(m): 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2011
if care isnt takn, arsenal myt loose
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by rasputinn(m): 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2011
silvaspecs:

@ MUKINA2, the way u analyze this sports makes me wonder somtym if u are really a lady that u say u are.

Are you saying women cannot analyse intelligently
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by rasputinn(m): 8:59pm On Mar 02, 2011
Goal number one from the back-passing striker

Now go on and score more
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by debosky(m): 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2011
Make una dey hate on Chamakazzie una hear? cheesy
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2011
what time will the game start?
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:06pm On Mar 02, 2011
any link pls?
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by proudly9ja(m): 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2011
lol@debosky,
even despite scoring, seriously, wats with all the passes? Make the guy hold ball for once!
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
link pls?
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by proudly9ja(m): 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2011
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by favcom(m): 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2011
The crowd need warming up. Arsenal look like they are just doing enough, and really that isn't enough. They are holding back a little bit and they should be trying to finish the job off as soon as possible."
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2011
proudly9ja:

http://www.tvoo.eu/ch3.html

Thanks bro
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by debosky(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
Saint Nic makes it 2.
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by rasputinn(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
proudly9ja:

lol@debosky,
even despite scoring, seriously, wats with all the passes? Make the guy hold ball for once!

I no even fit shout for the guy matter,watching him play is so frustrating

Well goal number two,Bar Tender representing cheesy cheesy
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by favcom(m): 9:20pm On Mar 02, 2011
I'd take being that rubbish, any day of any week. Meanwhile at the Emirates, Arsenal are huffing and puffing but they are struggling to find any real fluency against Leyton Orient. They continue to lead 1-0.
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by favcom(m): 9:22pm On Mar 02, 2011
Arsenal goal: Difficult to see the O's getting back into it now. Kieran Gibbs floats over a cross from the Gunners left and great Dane Nicklas Bendtner gets up above Charlie Daniels to direct a 10-yard header superbly into the left-hand corner of the Orient net. Cracking use of his bonce.
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by babs787(m): 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
Goal number one from the back-passing striker

I do not know why he likes passing ball to the back, a striker for that matter. All the same, we are winning.
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by rasputinn(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
Fair enough free kick from henderson,next time pack it with more power wink wink
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by debosky(m): 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2011
Saint Nic makes it three. grin
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by rasputinn(m): 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
Goalllll
Number 3
Bartender is on fi,,,
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by rasputinn(m): 9:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
^^^
Let him score a hat-trick,then I'll add the remaining re to the fi to make him on FIRE cheesy cheesy

BTW,is it that the pitch is too wide for Leyton Orient
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by favcom(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2011
Arsenal goal: Quality - and that is game over. Nicklas Bendtner seizes on a loose ball on the left-hand side of the Leyton Orient penalty area, cuts inside, holds off the challenge of Andrew Whing and curls a right-foot shot into the bottom far corner, past Jamie Jones. Bendtner, ever the provocateur, cups his ear to the fans by way of celebration.
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by rasputinn(m): 9:39pm On Mar 02, 2011
There goes the first half whistle
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by kashmo: 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2011
Abeg, anybody fit share a link for a mobile user! Would appreciate  one if provided!
Re: FA Cup: Arsenal Vs Leyton Orient [5 - 0] 2nd March 2011 by slap1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2011
chelseabmw:

Sorry to ask which arsenal is playing? Is it same arsenal dat lost d carling cup final? Lolzzzzzzz
Lol, or the Chelsea that will fortunately play the Europa League next season?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester United Fans Forum (bbm Group) / Chelsea Vs West Ham [4 - 1] On Sat. March 13th / Unbelievable: Thierry Henry And Bojan Krkic Once Had A Thing For Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.