Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance (2001 Views)

The 2020 Range Rover Velar Svautobiography Is The James Bond Of Suvs / Which Of This Suvs Is The Best / You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Xtraordinare: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2020
Hello house

Please i need your review on which of this suvs is better for someone upgrading from a Toyota camry pencil light. In terms of reliability, cheap maintenance like close to the camry.

I am choosing suvs basically because of bad roads in my terrain, big pot holes, that sometimes i don't even like going out with the camry, because of this bad roads.

Suvs in considerations are

2003 to 2005 toyota rav4

2005 to 2007 honda crv.

All Nigerian used.

If you have better suggestions on suvs let me know. But know that this is for someone on a small salary scale.

Cc
GAZZUZZ
Kingreing
Heavenlybang
All auto gurus
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Presegs(m): 5:51am On Oct 02, 2020
Xtraordinare:
Hello house

Please i need your review on which of this suvs is better for someone upgrading from a Toyota camry pencil light. In terms of reliability, cheap maintenance like close to the camry.

I am choosing suvs basically because of bad roads in my terrain, big pot holes, that sometimes i don't even like going out with the camry, because of this bad roads.

2003 to 2005 toyota rav4

2005 to 2007 honda crv.

All Nigerian used.

If you have better suggestions on suvs let me know. But know that this is for someone on a small salary scale.

Cc
GAZZUZZ
Kingreing
Heavenlybang
All auto gurus

I will suggest you go for Honda CRV

Cc: Legalwealth

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Ekejoestar(m): 6:19am On Oct 02, 2020
Presegs:

What are your reasons for suggesting Honda knowing that the brand have an issue of bowl joint dislocation and our bad roads is helping it to repeat its history.
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Dtruthspeaker: 6:20am On Oct 02, 2020
Presegs:

Seconded! Even though I have not played with the RAV4

1 Like

Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Dtruthspeaker: 6:23am On Oct 02, 2020
Ekejoestar:

What are your reasons for suggesting Honda knowing that the brand have an issue of bowl joint dislocation and our bad roads is helping it to repeat its history.

Do not turn your steering to the end and hold it for upto 2 seconds, then you may never have a dislocation.

Also enjoy the potholes, gullies and all.
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Dtruthspeaker: 6:24am On Oct 02, 2020
Ekejoestar:

Do not turn your steering to the end and hold it for upto 2 seconds, then you may never have a dislocation.

Also enjoy the potholes, gullies and all do not rush them always.
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Ekejoestar(m): 6:30am On Oct 02, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Also enjoy the potholes, gullies and all do not rush them always.

What if situation calls for it....like kidnappers are pursuing you and you have to follow a road full of potholes to escape?
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Dtruthspeaker: 8:13am On Oct 02, 2020
Ekejoestar:

What if situation calls for it....like kidnappers are pursuing you and you have to follow a road full of potholes to escape?

Aha! I did not say it is an egg. It would jump a mountain too grin but after escape, return to good driving habits.

Infact when I need to be faster than furious, potholes are welcome because I am jumping in and out of them while others dodge it.

But after that I return to my normal sightseeing driving.

I use the 2004 by the way and it is reported that it does not have dislocations which I do confirm going for 5 years now while many 1999s have been sighted with dislocations but not only one of the 04/05 series
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Presegs(m): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2020
Ekejoestar:

First of all, not all Hondas have the issue. Besides, good maintenance practises and using quality part on the Honda CR-V would prevent such from happening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by diportivo: 10:24am On Oct 02, 2020
which kind thread be this??

too many experts here and I haven't learnt a thing shocked

make una continue,my biro and paper still dey

5 Likes

Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by orahfrancis(m): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2020
HAVE U TRIED 2003 OR 2004 FORD ESCAPE THAT CAR IS MAD AND BADLY UNDERRATED . I HAVE PEOPLE WHO USE IT AND HAVE GOOD TESTIMONY ABOUT THE CAR
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Presegs(m): 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2020
orahfrancis:
HAVE U TRIED 2003 OR 2004 FORD ESCAPE THAT CAR IS MAD AND BADLY UNDERRATED . I HAVE PEOPLE WHO USE IT AND HAVE GOOD TESTIMONY ABOUT THE CAR

Maintenance of Ford is not always easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by BamBamK: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2020
naso....
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by diportivo: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2020
BamBamK:
naso....

Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by BamBamK: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
ogbeni, i no even understand all d jargons way dey fly up n down for here

[quote author=diportivo post=94539208][/quote]
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Xtraordinare: 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
Thanks for your replies...

I still need more contributions from you people before i decide.

And please put the maintenance in consideration because i don't have a deep pocket.
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by weyreypey: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
Xtraordinare:
Hello house

2003 to 2005 toyota rav4

2005 to 2007 honda crv.

All Nigerian used.

Cc
GAZZUZZ
Kingreing
Heavenlybang
All auto gurus

Wrong list
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Xtraordinare: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
weyreypey:

Wrong list

Thanks but those are my choices for now, so tell me within the two
Re: Which Of these suvs Is Better And More Economical On Maintenance by Kokomo: 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2022
Presegs:

What is your reason for this recommendation

(1) (Reply)

Help 2010 IS 350 / Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel / Honda Recalls 2005 Honda Pilot; 2005-2006 Acura MDX And 2005 Acura RL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.