Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,247 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! (3093 Views)

ASUU STRIKE? Apply Now: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program By Edc-mastercard / Transforming Nigerian Youths Program By Edc-mastercard Foundation: Apply Now / UNICAL Students Confronted With "Nigerian Youth Are Lazy" Question In Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by ItrendNaija(m): 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
We all know that Nigeria, being the most populous and wealthiest economy on the continent has a youth unemployment problem

Being young in Nigeria is very challenging and in order for Nigeria to grow faster( which is what we all want) the country needs more investment, and not just any investment but investment that has the interest of its young population at heart.

This is why ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC) in collaboration with MASTERCARD FOUNDATION (Young Africa Works) are both championing the TRANSFORMING NIGERIAN YOUTH PROGRAM. This program is designed for Nigerian Youths who want to start, grow and scale their business.

The program aims to create a network of entrepreneurial and managerial change-makers especially youths and women across the Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) sectors. The program is open for all but with special interest in those who live in Lagos, Kano and Kaduna State.

EDC are targeting 40,000 learners so if you are an entrepreneur or an aspiring entrepreneur within this 3 locations then this opportunity is for you.

Application to be a part of this program is still on.

To apply visit.
https://reg.smetoolkit.ng/program-apply/transforming-nigerian-youths

1 Like

Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Melaninprincess(f): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2020
Just shared this to my friends with small businesses. SMEs are the future and a lot of people can see this already. This is another wonderful opportunity.
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by enoch273: 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2020
I love the concept alot, it paves the way for youths to become entrepreneurs.
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Kunja2: 5:30pm On Oct 02, 2020
See, any move to help our Youths is always welcomed so far it's legit. Is it free?
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Jacku: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2020
This is a very good move. Any patient Youth who isn't moved by what Yahoo boys are doing should take charge of this. One that has a job already, is the person also eligible?
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Techm8: 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
OP can I apply? I'm not in either of the States but I can travel to Lagos if need be?

1 Like

Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by hexenbiest: 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2020
really impressive move by Mastercard Foundation.

@OP I'm seeing three different locations on the platform, is it an online program or do we ve to pick one out of the three locations?
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by ItrendNaija(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
Techm8:
OP can I apply? I'm not in either of the States but I can travel to Lagos if need be?
Yes...you can participate, virtually. You don't have to travel to Lagos.
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by ItrendNaija(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2020
hexenbiest:
really impressive move by Mastercard Foundation.

@OP I'm seeing three different locations on the platform, is it an online program or do we ve to pick one out of the three locations?
You don't have to pick any of the 3 locations. It's an online program. It's open for all Nigerians
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Blastedholligan: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
Sponsored by MasterCard? I'm so gonna apply for this. Op please is it free?
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Niswayne19: 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
Wow this is massive for upcoming Nigeria entrepreneurs. The pandemic has taught us to learn skills and become entrepreneurs. This is a good initiative.
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Yinkus009: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2020
Training over 40,000 people is a big one and in three different languages. I am going to share the link to my friends so they apply.
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Melaninprincess(f): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
Blastedholligan:
I think it is. I just started the registration process
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by AmadorSays: 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2020
Fantastic, please we need more opportunities like these to help the young population. Things hard for this country
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by paduzman: 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2020
Wow, 40,000 youths to benefit? Amazing initiative this is, even though I just wish it was happening in more locations
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by AlmaIganishire: 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
This is super interesting, an organization that we carry the youths along. The young people are leaders of tomorrow, empowering them should be a priority in this country.
I appreciate the effort of MasterCard foundation ����
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by yellowpepper: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2020
I have gone to tell my friends about it already. 40,000 learners, very impressive.

Please how can I participate in the MasterCard foundation training, I’m interested ��
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Techm8: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
ItrendNaija:

Yes...you can participate, virtually. You don't have to travel to Lagos.
thanks, will apply
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Techm8: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
Blastedholligan:
Once I saw MasterCard I knew it was legit. Will take advantage of this opportunity
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by scarycuteface(m): 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
I think this was made for me. I'll so much like to be part of the selected people. Thanks to MasterCard and EDC
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by scarycuteface(m): 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2020
Techm8:

Once I saw MasterCard I knew it was legit. Will take advantage of this opportunity
they are doing a lot for young people. This particular program and some scholarship grants.
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Hundjager: 8:33pm On Oct 02, 2020
I just love how these brands and organisations are helping in whatever way they can, this is a commendable collaboration between EDC, and MasterCard.
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by hexenbiest: 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
ItrendNaija:

You don't have to pick any of the 3 locations. It's an online program. It's open for all Nigerians

Thanks for the swift response, I'll register now.
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by tafat: 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2020
Initiatives like these will reduce unemployment rate to a very great deal, people have been loosing their jobs a lot recently, there's never been a better time for such an opportunity
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Niswayne19: 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2020
tafat:
Initiatives like these will reduce unemployment rate to a very great deal, people have been loosing their jobs a lot recently, there's never been a better time for such an opportunity
I actually agree with you. Imagine during the pandemic time most people that did 8 - 4 job had to find skills they can do. I saw a banker then learning tailor while a woman working in an insurance company learning baking. Entrepreneurial skills is a necessity
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Niswayne19: 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
AlmaIganishire:
This is super interesting, an organization that we carry the youths along. The young people are leaders of tomorrow, empowering them should be a priority in this country.
This partnership will impact young Nigerians and transform them to be better in the society.
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Yinkus009: 11:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
AlmaIganishire:
To apply you have to visit.
https://reg.smetoolkit.ng/program-apply/transforming-nigerian-youths
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by Ndamanjoshua: 11:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
This caught my attention.
“Being young in Nigeria is very challenging and in order for Nigeria to grow faster( which is what we all want) the country needs more investment, and not just any investment but investment that has the interest of its young population at heart.”
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by tobechi74: 1:43am On Oct 03, 2020
What is in it for me attitude? Is a big problem
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by DenreleDave(m): 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
I just received a mail that I have been selected ......

Congrats to alllll
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by DenreleDave(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
Anyone else
Re: Transforming Nigerian Youth Program: Aspiring Entrepreneurs, Check This Out! by penocrat1(m): 8:49am On Nov 30, 2021
I received a mail too.I have been selected

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Young Your Deception Began!!! / Incredible Real Life Stories The World Still Remembers . / Job Prospects Of A Chemistry Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.