Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? (1363 Views)

BMW 7 Series Facelift: Everything You Need To Know / Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift / 2018 Range Rover Gets A Facelift And Dashlift (photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by Presegs(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2020
A facelift requires front bumper and headlights to be changed and at times, fenders and bonnet are needed to be changed in the process. With a facelift, the year of the car remains the same, but it will be different from its counterpart. A facelift is not always cheap as some people think.

While an upgrade requires so many things to be changed to match that of the year. Some elements go as far as changing or manoeuvring the VIN sticker to be that of the year.

For example, a Toyota highlander 2008 could be upgraded to that of 2012, and one won't know. In conclusion, a facelift and an upgrade are okay but using the upgrade to deceive people is not good.

Feel free to contribute your quota as regards the subject matter.

SOURCE: https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/is-a-facelift-different-from-an-upgrade.287/

Cc: Legalwealth
Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by Jdbrasco2: 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2020
Installing Apple/Adriod car play, backup camera, push to start button and similar parts for cars that don't have it, is OK. But changing bumper and altering VIN to meetup a higher model yr, is pure deception which I don't subscribe to.

1 Like

Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2020
Presegs:
A facelift requires front bumper and headlights to be changed and at times, fenders and bonnet are needed to be changed in the process. With a facelift, the year of the car remains the same, but it will be different from its counterpart. A facelift is not always cheap as some people think.

While an upgrade requires so many things to be changed to match that of the year. Some elements go as far as changing or manoeuvring the VIN sticker to be that of the year.

For example, a Toyota highlander 2008 could be upgraded to that of 2012, and one won't know. In conclusion, a facelift and an upgrade are okay but using the upgrade to deceive people is not good.

Feel free to contribute your quota as regards the subject matter.

SOURCE: https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/is-a-facelift-different-from-an-upgrade.287/

Cc: Legalwealth

A VIN number never gets changed from the birth of the car till its crushed or let to rust

Remember i can eg modify my an Audi R8 to look like a Lamborghini but my VIN will tell that i am an Audi R8 inside, meaning a car vin cant be changed, becoz it IDs the manufacturer, production date, place of manufacturer etc. its like your birth certificate, you can change your name, ( aka the car's body) but you can never change the place your where born or where you birth certificate was registered, eg as zimbabwean by birth and british by nationality it doesnt mean my birth certificate as changed to be british NO it still remains zimbabwean though an now british

then the example you gave that depends with individual countries car registration systems eg in uk your car NUMBER PLATE nearly correspond with manufacturer year VIN number eg a manufactured 2016, its number plate can be either GH16 RTY or GH66 RTY (thats 16/66 identifys 2016 ) thats 2016 thats when the car was registered into the country's car regististration system which is a close date by 6 months to the actual productation of the car, so that car can never have a number plate with shows it as 2017 and upwards

https://www.wilsons.co.uk/number-plate-guide/

in Uk if right now i import a Japanese car with of VIN number production of 2001 then number plate of my car wont be eg "GH20 RTY" becoz that 20 represent 1st registered(which correspond close to manufacturer date therefore my registration would be GH01 RTY (01 correspond with VIN manufacturer dates )

Hope it make sense

So in simple terms there is a different between manfuctarer dates and registration of car into the countries system so UK tries to make those dates close to each other therefore number plates can ID which year production is your car

then with example you gave 2012 identify when the car was resgistered into the countrys vehicle system but it doesnt mean thats the year the car was manufactured NO but the VIN number will do the rest if you want to know when the car was manufactured
Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by diportivo: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

A VIN number never gets changed from the birth of the car till its crushed or let to rust

Remember i can eg modify my an Audi R8 to look like a Lamborghini but my VIN will tell that i am an Audi R8 inside, meaning a car vin cant be changed, becoz it IDs the manufacturer, production date, place of manufacturer etc. its like your birth certificate, you can change your name, ( aka the car's body) but you can never change the place your where born or where you birth certificate was registered, eg as zimbabwean by birth and british by nationality it doesnt mean my birth certificate as changed to be british NO it still remains zimbabwean though an now british

then the example you gave that depends with individual countries car registration systems eg in uk your car NUMBER PLATE nearly correspond with manufacturer year VIN number eg a manufactured 2016, its number plate can be either GH16 RTY or GH66 RTY (thats 16/66 identifys 2016 ) thats 2016 thats when the car was registered into the country's car regististration system which is a close date by 6 months to the actual productation of the car, so that car can never have a number plate with shows it as 2017 and upwards

in Uk if right now i import a Japanese car with of VIN number production of 2001 then number plate of my car wont be eg "GH20 RTY" becoz that 20 represent 1st registered(which correspond close to manufacturer date therefore my registration would be GH01 RTY (01 correspond with VIN manufacturer dates )

Hope it make sense

So in simple terms there is a different between manfuctarer dates and registration of car into the countries system so UK tries to make those dates close to each other therefore number plates can ID which year production is your car

then with example you gave 2012 identify when the car was resgistered into the countrys vehicle system but it doesnt mean thats the year the car was manufactured NO but the VIN number will do the rest if you want to know when the car was manufactured

u donno woss goinon

1 Like

Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by Eddee(m): 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2020
diportivo:

u donno woss goinon

I am here for the violence grin

2 Likes

Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by asamwababy: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
diportivo:

u donno woss goinon

He dunno anitin.

Vin we jus cut and plaster anoda one grin
Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
diportivo:

u donno woss goinon

explain
Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by diportivo: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

explain

im asleep now

will explain tmr

asamwababy:

He dunno anitin.

Vin we jus cut and plaster anoda one grin

as innnnnnnnn

Eddee:

I am here for the violence grin

Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by Presegs(m): 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

Hope it make sense

There is VIN tampering and that is what I'm referring to though.
Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2020
Jdbrasco2:
Installing Apple/Adriod car play, backup camera, push to start button and similar parts for cars that don't have it, is OK. But changing bumper and altering VIN to meetup a higher model yr, is pure deception which I don't subscribe to.

its not even deception but fraud, which most likely the new VIN is from a stolen car, or the car being put the a different VIN is stolen

yes it happens but the law is VIN numbers cant be switched around
Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2020
Presegs:

There is VIN tampering and that is what I'm referring to though.

I dont deny that it exist and it happens

why would you temper with the VIN of your car unless your are a car theft ?

remember you are talking of "A FACELIFT and UPGRADE" unless this from those who steal, change VIN and sale
Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by Presegs(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

I dont deny that it exist and it happens

why would you temper with the VIN of your car unless your are a car theft ?

remember you are talking of "A FACELIFT and UPGRADE" unless this from those who steal, change VIN and sale

It doesn't have to be an issue of car theft. It is an issue of deceiving potential buyer.

In my original post, I said deception using such is not good.
Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:45am On Oct 05, 2020
Presegs:

It doesn't have to be an issue of car theft. It is an issue of deceiving potential buyer.

In my original post, I said deception using such is not good.

i get you but i think to say to UPGRADE is the wrong WORD if the intended purpose is to decieve, when one says i upgraded it means there is a documentation of what it used to be, eg i upgrade it from 2 litre engine to 3.5 litre its something you can talk about freely

Whereas what i think as the right word is MODIFIED/REBUILT to look like what it is not (TEMPERED WITH), be it for the right reasons or to decieve

Then we have swap of VINs or duplicate of VINs aka CLONING (having two cars of the same make and model having the same VIN ) this is sually from very organised crime for high valued cars
Re: Is A Facelift Different From An Upgrade? by Presegs(m): 6:46am On Oct 05, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

i get you but i think to say to UPGRADE is the wrong WORD if the intended purpose is to decieve, when one says i upgraded it means there is a documentation of what it used to be, eg i upgrade it from 2 litre engine to 3.5 litre its something you can talk about freely

Whereas what i think as the right word is MODIFIED/REBUILT to look like what it is not (TEMPERED WITH), be it for the right reasons or to decieve

Then we have swap of VINs or duplicate of VINs aka CLONING (having two cars of the same make and model having the same VIN ) this is sually from very organised crime for high valued cars

Pretty understood but all is well.

(1) (Reply)

Is There No Some Type Of Mirror Dt Reflects Full Light Back To D Idiot Behind U? / A Cheap Korope Bus Available For Sale / Buying A Lexus GS 300

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.