Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) (1821 Views)

Irony:Americans Are Moving To Mexico But Mexicans Don't Want Them(photos) / What A Lagos Bolt Driver Sent To His Friend / 3 Americans Dead, As Plane Crashes Into House In Ukraine (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Canih28: 11:04am On Oct 03, 2020
Imagine all African Americans are sent to Nigeria by USA. Will you ACCEPT or REJECT them.
How will it affect us Nigerians, GOOD? BAD?

Comment your thoughts below.

1 Like

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by madridguy(m): 11:08am On Oct 03, 2020
Them go gree come back ? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by solmus: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2020
cool

Honestly they would feel better at home in Nigeria

Many African American are tracing their root with DNA test, many are vacationing in Ghana , Gambia and Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Canih28: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2020
solmus:
cool

Nigeria, Africa, Home Sweet Home.
Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Canih28: 11:14am On Oct 03, 2020
madridguy:
Why not na! grin
Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by ednut1(m): 11:38am On Oct 03, 2020
Read up on the ones that went to Freetown Sierra Leone. And how they began to discriminate against the locals till war broke out.
Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Cousin9999: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
There's already a bunch moving all over Africa. They all express that while they've faced challenges (because they have no family there and don't know how to do certain things), they feel so at peace, so welcomed, and so satisfied.

There's also history of successful repatriation over decades.

However, these are progressive people...

2 Likes

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
ednut1:
Read up on the ones that went to Freetown Sierra Leone. And how they began to discriminate against the locals till war broke out.
Decriminate?? African American
Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by ednut1(m): 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
ZIINI:

Decriminate?? African American
no worry baba. You go comot one day and see for yourselfs. Some african Americans and carribean dey discriminate africans once they see your African name. See Liberians that were descendants of freed slaves no allow indigenes rule since 1847 till Samuel doe took power in 1980

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
ednut1:
no worry baba. You go comot one day and see for yourselfs. Some african Americans and carribean dey discriminate africans once they see your African name. See Liberians that were descendants of freed slaves no allow indigenes rule since 1847 till Samuel doe took power in 1980
That's is why racism won't stop
Cause it's not only those white that practice it
Black people too practice it
Walai am just seeing this for the first time
Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by ednut1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
ZIINI:

That's is why racism won't stop
Cause it's not only those white that practice it
Black people too practice it
Walai am just seeing this for the first time
black people wey dey cry during aparthied in south Africa dey do xenophobia now. Humans just dey deceive them selves lol. even movies with African actors self african Americans dey complain. Lupita nyong and Oyelowo don face criticism too. imagine

Some in the anti-Harriet camp say they’re angry because the star of the film, Cynthia Erivo, is a British actress of Nigerian descent rather than an American descendant of enslaved people. Others are angry because Erivo mocked a so-called “ghetto accent” on Twitter six years ago. Still, others are angry because the movie included a Black tracker of enslaved people named Bigger Long — a fictional character who was a representation of real-life African Americans who made their living by assisting in the subjugation of other African Americans. https://whyy.org/articles/why-would-some-black-audiences-boycott-the-new-harriet-tubman-movie/

1 Like

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
ednut1:
black people wey dey cry during aparthied in south Africa dey do xenophobia now. Humans just dey deceive them selves lol. even movies with African actors self african Americans dey complain. Lupita nyong and Oyelowo don face criticism too. imagine

Some in the anti-Harriet camp say they’re angry because the star of the film, Cynthia Erivo, is a British actress of Nigerian descent rather than an American descendant of enslaved people. Others are angry because Erivo mocked a so-called “ghetto accent” on Twitter six years ago. Still, others are angry because the movie included a Black tracker of enslaved people named Bigger Long — a fictional character who was a representation of real-life African Americans who made their living by assisting in the subjugation of other African Americans. https://whyy.org/articles/why-would-some-black-audiences-boycott-the-new-harriet-tubman-movie/
Really !! This is more serious than i thought
Chadwick boseman also said this before he died that he face racism almost everyday of his life.
What amaze me most is that in an Interview he said he face racism with both whites and black.
Ah omo this strong O

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Gerrard59(m): 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
They won't come back because they are better off economically where they are. If they'd, they would have returned just like Chinese Malaysians did by relocating to Singapore in the face of tribalism by the dominant Malays or British relocating to Australia, Italians to Argentina, Brazilian of Japanese ancestry to Brazil, Portuguese to Brazil when the Brazilian economy was booming, Spaniards to Uruguay/Chile or White South Africans to European countries. People only relocate to a place where they will be economically better off, something African Americans can't get in Africa, which even Africans aren't getting (the poorest continent).

Additionally, I remember a tweet where a black lady in the UK complained of how horrible the country is. Of all the countries black westerners recommended as an alternative to the UK, none mentioned an African country. New Zealand was a favourite but one black lady asked, where are blacks liked? A white man replied "Africa". Guess what? Some white people mocked her for choosing New Zealand instead of an African country. So you see? Black westerners won't relocate to Africa because they would be far worse economically.
https://twitter.com/sher_xo/status/1303452566462791682?s=19

Besides, the last time a major relocation occurred, African Americans over powered homegrown Liberians and boom! A civil war started which is why Liberia is what it's today.

4 Likes

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Juoflife1(f): 8:05am On Oct 04, 2020
Reject
Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by solmus: 10:36am On Oct 04, 2020
cool

One thing I noticed is as much as I am a city guy that love urban lifestyle since my dad is a city indigene , anytime I travel to my mother's village, I just can't explain that happiness and bliss, this is a place that can't give me 20% infrastructure that I like

Black Americans should Atleast vacation at home and try out Nigeria, if they fit in, fine, if they don't bye

2 Likes

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Originalsly: 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
solmus:
cool

One thing I noticed is as much as I am a city guy that love urban lifestyle since my dad is a city indigene , anytime I travel to my mothers village I just can't explain that happiness and bliss, this is a place that can't give me 20% infrastructure that I like

Black Americans should Atleast vacation at home and try out Nigeria, if they fit in, fine, if they don't bye

Such a great analogy!..... such incite.... your comment is sooo on point ! If viewers should really chew on this comment..... they will get a wayyy better understanding of what coming to Africa period for the first time will feel to a person of African ancestry ..... the feeling of belonging... of home coming.

@ topic...... just saying..... should the USA decide to repatriate all immigrants and their generations..... the only people who would remain are the Native Indians and Blacks. USA belonged to the Native Indians..... Blacks cannot be repatriated because they have no country of origin.
For Black Americans to live in Nigeria..... there will be a serious culture clash. Cultural adaptation will be the biggest problem. Nollywood was unknowingly doing a phenomenal job in sharing culture..... but they got blinded by greed.

1 Like

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Hadampson(m): 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
madridguy:

I know one that is coming back to Africa smiley
Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by TheCongo2: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2020
solmus:
cool

Many African American are tracing their root with DNA test, many are vacationing in Ghana , Gambia and Nigeria

The funny part is when they get to Nigeria this will be the time they will realize that they are truly American

1 Like

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by Petyprincess(f): 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
The same black Americans that don't know their root? Some even refer Africa as a country nd most of them can't even mention 5 African countries!! While Norwegians gave more than 5 African countries in one interview.

Most black Americans will rather face racism to return back to Africa. We don't even need those ignorant people that talk down on Africans.

1 Like

Re: What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos) by DonroxyII: 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
Canih28:
Imagine all African Americans are sent to Nigeria by USA. Will you ACCEPT or REJECT them.
How will it affect us Nigerians, GOOD? BAD?

Comment your thoughts below.
They will mostly not survived Nigeria as they ain't built for this environment ...... Our people will jealous them and possibly kill them unless they stay in Highbrow or they forget America and blend in then they will survive ...... You can't live America in Nigeria !!

Implication on Nigeria especially Southern Nigeria which can support their culture is higher level of exposure, High incidence of rotten behaviours ...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Usa Direct (no Stopping Over, Halleluyah Amen! / Any Nigerian Living In Hong Kong? / Genius Unplugged 1.0- Say Hello To The Wuppertal Suspension Railway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.