Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students (1802 Views)

"Like" Feature Temporarily Disabled For Experiment / Posting Will Be Disabled For A Few Hours / Ondo State Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students by sobanebari(m): 2:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
I would like to know what you all think
Re: Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students by ifyalways(f): 11:45pm On Mar 04, 2011
Forgive my ignorance but were they suppossed to give scholarships and then pay?Pay as in giving raw cash?Or are u saying they don't give scholarships to worthy disabled folks?
Re: Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students by sobanebari(m): 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2011
what i meant was, they gave the disabled students scholarship, paid the first year then refused to pay them again. From what i gathered from a reliable source, the scholarship board claimed that it was a grant.
Re: Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students by CrazyMan(m): 5:10am On Mar 14, 2011
Would you mind posting your source?
Re: Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students by sobanebari(m): 6:33pm On Mar 15, 2011
yes i would, but my source has asked me not to divulge his identity
Re: Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students by sobanebari(m): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2011
And what i don't understand is, if the award is actually a grant then why did it state on the award letter that the scholarship award will last for 4 years for each student.
Re: Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students by sobanebari(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2011
Tell you the truth, i am wondering if Gov. Amaechi knows everything about it.
Re: Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students by DICKIBO: 6:18am On Jul 19, 2011
Compliments my fellow folks, I'm very glad to noticed that we have a community like this were we all share our opinions and experiences. EX governor of Rivers state sir Dr Odili has done very well by initiating the scholarship scheme during it tenor as the governor of Rivers State, and the commissioner for education then mrs Ngozi odu did her best, for instance, allowance were paid to students on time, secondly as the economy continue to change students up keeping allowance were increased. In apparent situation, governor Ameachi continued from were Dr Odili stoped, but the issue of not paying disabled student remains a detrimental fact on ground, obviously, the problem is from governor Ameachi because he did wrongly appointed the commissioner for education, this a woman who have no regards on complains from the students. As a commissioner, she is just a messenger to the pubic but that she ignored. I was a scholarship student studying in Malaysia, i traveled to Malaysia under the rivers state scholarship scheme in year 2008. I must tell you my folks that the 350 dollars approved by Dr odili since 2006 when the scholarship scheme was established, is still the same amount of money the commissioner for education and the government are paying till date; neglecting the facts that the economy have changed. Currently, we the scholarship student have been paid our food and house allowance, as am typing this message now, one our student is been thrown out of his house because his rent is over due. However, we wrote to the government and the governor in particular for an increment of our allowance as the price of goods and service have increased dramatically here in malaysia but till date no respond was heard concerning the latter. And the most ugly point of the matter is that, governor Ameachi approved 3 billion Naira for all our allowance and fees, from an inner source, the commissioner for education miss Nimi Alice has used the money to pay her personal contractors. This is the factor that resulted the situation we are facing here today in malaysia.
Re: Rivers State Scholarship Board Not Paying Disabled Students by DICKIBO: 6:25am On Jul 19, 2011
Compliments my fellow folks, I'm very glad to noticed that we have a community like this were we all share our opinions and experiences. EX governor  of Rivers state sir Dr Odili has done very well by initiating the scholarship scheme during it tenor as the governor of Rivers State, and the commissioner for education then mrs Ngozi odu did her best, for instance, allowance were paid to students on time, secondly as the economy continue to change students up keeping allowance were increased. In apparent situation, governor Ameachi continued from were Dr Odili stoped, but the issue of not paying disabled student remains a detrimental fact on ground, obviously, the problem is from governor Ameachi because he did wrongly appointed the commissioner for education, this a woman who have no regards on complains from the students. As a commissioner, she is just a messenger to the pubic but that she ignored. I was a scholarship student studying in Malaysia, i traveled to Malaysia under the rivers state scholarship scheme in year 2008. I must tell you my folks that the 350 dollars approved by Dr odili since 2006 when the scholarship scheme was established, is still the same amount of money the commissioner for education and the government are paying till date; neglecting the facts that the economy have changed. Currently, we the scholarship student have not been paid our food and house allowance, as am typing this message now, one of our student is been thrown out of his house because his rent is over due, and some have no access to drinking water as their electricity is been cuted. However, we wrote to the government and the governor in particular for an increment of our allowance as the price of goods and service have increased dramatically here in malaysia but till date no respond was heard concerning the latter. And the most ugly point of the matter is that, governor Ameachi approved 3 billion Naira for all our allowance and fees, from an inner source, the commissioner for education miss Nimi Alice has used the money to pay her personal contractors. This is the factor that resulted the situation we are facing here today in Malaysia and those in Russia, only those who understand the true nature of the economy will know what am saying,

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Population Now 168 Million, Projected To Hit 221 Million In 2020 / I Am Back. Front Page Pls . . . . / If You Get Any Of This Right You Are In Deed A Genius(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.