Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) (10585 Views)

Bobrisky And Tontodikeh Set To Be The First Lesbian To Get Married In Nigerian / Genevieve Nnaji's Lionheart Movie Screened In Hollywood / April Joju Muse: "I Had My First Lesbian Experience At 6 In Church" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by IamHeWrites: 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2020
Igbere TV reports that Producers5of Nigeria’s first lesbian movie Ife have held a private screening in Lagos.

The screening, according to an Instagram post by the director Uyaiedu Ikpe-Etim, was held over the weekend.

The exact location for the screening was not immediately clear.

Ikpe-Etim thanked all who made Ife a possibility, writing “I’m also extremely grateful to the team who came together to make the delivery an easier process.

“Pamela, Amaka, Mo, Asurf, the amazing actors, every single crew member; thank you, we created magic!”

She also called for patience on the part of the general public.

“And, I can’t wait for you all to see it. Be patient now, once we are done with festival rounds, Ìfẹ́ will grace your screens!” Ikpe-Etim added.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF7RQA0Fzkm/?igshid=1m1kztavr8124

Igbere TV reports that the Nigerian Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) says the movie violates the country’s strict laws on homosexuality and those behind it risk jail.

But the producer Pamela Adie and Ikpe-Etim are planning a surprise online release to catch the regulators off-guard.

Ife will also get an international premiere in Canada in October.

The movie, according to Adie, is to show an accurate picture of lesbian and bisexual women in Nigerian movies.

Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by IamHeWrites: 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2020
More

1 Share

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Oxb90: 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
Make them shearam make we see. But seriously some of them have the same semblance as men. If those in the 3rd picture are among the actors, then I no wan watch.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
My fears have just been confirmed....

So the beautiful and delectable Nse Ikpe-Etim who I am having this strong feelings for is getting involved with this dirty act?

Lemme switch all my feelings to the beautiful Beverly Naya.

Nse Ikpe-Etim, continue licking plate, It's goodbye from here.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by sammysneh(m): 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
End time movie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Ikeast(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
OLOSHO no be Work..

After all they 're free to do what so ever they want to do with their bodies........

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Madibah(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
sammysneh:
End time movie

This is just the start
Una never chi chomtin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by flyingpig: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
Govt suppose ban this movie thought homosexuality and any content promoting its act is unconstitutional?

See 14years imprisonment

Yoruba always ruining this country with moral decadence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Movic1(m): 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
flyingpig:
Govt suppose ban this movie thought homosexuality and any content promoting its act is unconstitutional?

See 14years imprisonment

Yoruba always ruining this country with moral decadence

Producer - Pamela Adie and Ikpe-Etim 

'Re those Yoruba names?

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
Movic1:

Producer - Pamela Adie and Ikpe-Etim 
'Re those Yoruba names?
Are you minding the dunderhead

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Baddiezz(f): 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
They are not always fine

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by jesmond3945: 7:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
They should all be arrested. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Preetti(f): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2020
I'm wondering why “Pamela, Ikpe, Etim, Amaka, Mo, Asurf, the amazing actors" gave their movie a Yoruba name

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
lol
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by happybee: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
Baddiezz:
They are not always fine
They all fine, sis.
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Petersamuel8(m): 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2020
I don't believe it
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by ifejobi84754: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
Govt suppose moratorium this films thought sexuality and any text promoting its actions is unconstitutional?See 14years imprisonmentYoruba always ruining this region with morality turpitude

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Boyg68: 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
Revolutionary lnvestment platform in making great profit within a short period of time..

It is a global lnvestment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes interests across foreign exchange,crypto(BTC , ETH) trading, transportation..
We believe in the creation of multiple income streams for sustainable wealth

WEBSITE
W W W. H E R O S P H E R E. C L U B
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Rugaria: 11:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
Hmmmmm
Oh Chim oooooooh
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Thattallgirl(f): 12:16am On Oct 06, 2020
My mouth has refused to close since embarassed
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by sparog(m): 4:45am On Oct 06, 2020
Why does it look like most of the women in the pictures above fit the profile of a lesbian? undecided

Well, na there life and it's their choice to make, no one should judge or castigate gay people, as long as they don't force their gayism down our throats
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Salmoneus(m): 4:55am On Oct 06, 2020
Everyone would come in here claiming saints, tomorrow if the US comes out and grants homosexuals asylum all of una go dey claim gay and lesbian, hypocrites!!... grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by dangotesmummy: 5:14am On Oct 06, 2020
So this confirmed my suspicions that there's lesbianism in nollywood.they actually brought it to the open

Even heterosexual movies are backlashed talkless of lesbian movies

Anyway happy viewing.im not sure they'll get sponsorship and support FROM people who really Matter in Nollywood because Nigerians aren't people that will support lesbianism or homosexuality no Matter how educated, enlightened and well traveled they're.theres this irritation which I think comes from culture and religion that will make them consciously and subconsciously reject such except if they're trying to seduce Hollywood or catch their attention sha.they could very much get INTERNATIONAL support if the story line and plot is of quality
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by femi4: 6:35am On Oct 06, 2020
Ugly girls everywhere
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by daddytime(m): 7:03am On Oct 06, 2020
All these one dey look for Buhari trouble to take get international fame and acclaim.
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by 9jaBloke: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2020
cry
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by vykdevil: 7:32am On Oct 06, 2020
commendable move there. high time to scrub it on their faces, ndi ala
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by pretydiva(f): 7:38am On Oct 06, 2020
The movie should be banned
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 06, 2020
JidennaJason:
My fears have just been confirmed....

So the beautiful and delectable Nse Ikpe-Etim who I am having this strong feelings for is getting involved with this dirty act?

Lemme switch all my feelings to the beautiful Beverly Naya.

Nse Ikpe-Etim, continue licking plate, It's goodbye from here.
I'm sure it's not Nse ikpe Etim, it's another idiat bearing same name. I don't know why the will produce such a useless movie to convince society to accept or practice such a tasteless life. Bunch of losers.
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Uyi168: 7:46am On Oct 06, 2020
Ikeast:
OLOSHO no be Work..

After all they 're free to do what so ever they want to do with their bodies........

Olosho na better work..
Pays far more than u can ever imagined..
Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 06, 2020
Ikeast:
OLOSHO no be Work..

Free ke? every country has rules and laws. U owning ur head doesn't mean u can do drugs or kill people since it is u thinking. the should be made to face the law cos the want to force such a shameless life down our throats. nonsense and elements.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Lesbian Movie 'ife' Screened In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 06, 2020
sparog:
Why does it look like most of the women in the pictures above fit the profile of a lesbian? undecided

Well, na there life and it's their choice to make, no one should judge or castigate gay people, as long as they don't force their gayism down our throats
Bro there's no choice there. It's a demented life and mind. Just like seeing a paedophile and saying it's his choice since he's not forcing it down d throat of anybody forgetting that he has to practice his lifestyle by luring people into. I bet u don't know gays and Lesbians are the most predator of people always looking out to persuade and convert normal people into their bullshit. Good Pvnish them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Revealed: The Result Of Injections For Artificial Buttock (graphic Photo) / Actress Maureen Cyril's NGO Receives Sets Of Twins During Charity Campaign / The Humanitarian Impact Of Queen Brown With Her NGO (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.