Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:59 AM

Shifting Focus From Regular Investments To Harnessing The Wealth In Agriculture - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Shifting Focus From Regular Investments To Harnessing The Wealth In Agriculture (263 Views)

The Best Investments To Invest In / Top 5 Investments To Consider In 2020 / Nestoil Calls For Change In Energy Focus From Oil To Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shifting Focus From Regular Investments To Harnessing The Wealth In Agriculture by Brianmet: 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
Over the past two decades, when Nigeria was at the forefront of agricultural export, youths were engaging in different value chain of agriculture from planting to manufacturing to petrochemicals and finished products. Nowadays it's an eyesore for the young people of this time to engage in agriculture.

The value we pushed to white collar jobs have made it seem hard to survive solely in agriculture.

For instance we prefer to act as middle men than actually do the planting leading to increase in food prices.

Nevertheless in as much as its lucrative but its imperative to look beyond our nose and see the bigger picture which other countries like Asians are embarking.

We need to come together as one here to share ideas and ways with which one can explore new businesses and investment in agriculture.

Agriculture is the new oil!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shifting Focus From Regular Investments To Harnessing The Wealth In Agriculture by Olivergiroud: 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2020
I love agriculture especially cat fish rearing
Brianmet:
Over the past two decades, when Nigeria was at the forefront of agricultural export, youths were engaging in different value chain of agriculture from planting to manufacturing to petrochemicals and finished products. Nowadays it's an eyesore for the young people of this time to engage in agriculture.

The value we pushed to white collar jobs have made it seem hard to survive solely in agriculture.

For instance we prefer to act as middle men than actually do the planting leading to increase in food prices.

Nevertheless in as much as its lucrative but its imperative to look beyond our nose and see the bigger picture which other countries like Asians are embarking.

We need to come together as one here to share ideas and ways with which one can explore new businesses and investment in agriculture.

Agriculture is the new oil!
Re: Shifting Focus From Regular Investments To Harnessing The Wealth In Agriculture by Pusibtc: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2020
I love as you are bringing this up. A lot of money are hidden in catfish and poultry. We will have to look into it and analyse modern methods of farming
Re: Shifting Focus From Regular Investments To Harnessing The Wealth In Agriculture by Olivergiroud: 10:19am On Oct 07, 2020
Catfish is quite easy, u can set it up anywer depending on your budget but I think government has banned the setting up of poultry farm in residential areas but for catfish once u get your tarpaulin pond with good water supply you are good to go
Pusibtc:
I love as you are bringing this up. A lot of money are hidden in catfish and poultry. We will have to look into it and analyse modern methods of farming
Re: Shifting Focus From Regular Investments To Harnessing The Wealth In Agriculture by Pusibtc: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2020
Olivergiroud:
Catfish is quite easy, u can set it up anywer depending on your budget but I think government has banned the setting up of poultry farm in residential areas but for catfish once u get your tarpaulin pond with good water supply you are good to go
yes. You are right. I'm looking for stable investment in agriculture. How about perishables
Re: Shifting Focus From Regular Investments To Harnessing The Wealth In Agriculture by Pusicoin: 10:45am On Oct 07, 2020
we almost have same moniker. Hmmm
Re: Shifting Focus From Regular Investments To Harnessing The Wealth In Agriculture by Olivergiroud: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2020
I don't k ow about perishables mayb anyone here can trow more light, I do more of catfish rearing
Pusibtc:
yes. You are right. I'm looking for stable investment in agriculture. How about perishables

(1) (Reply)

How To Become Financially Free. / Anambra, Delta Hail Buhari As FG vows to Complete 2nd Niger Bridge In 2022 / We Will Design A Professional Logo For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.