Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,525 members, 7,850,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

Is This Not Fraudulent From A Top Property Developer? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is This Not Fraudulent From A Top Property Developer? (199 Views)

I Need A Loan Or Property Developer In Ibadan/lagos / DEAL SEALED! - Property Developer Needed For A Joint-venture Project / Ibadankeys: PROPERTY DEVELOPER Of The YEAR ,come In For Nominees ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is This Not Fraudulent From A Top Property Developer? by Wingnut007: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2020
I was about subscribing to an off-plan property being sold by a developer in Sangotedo when I decided to quickly go through the FAQs. While going through the FAQ, I came across a section which didn't sit well with me:

Question: What is the description of the layout of the units?

Developer's Answer: The applicant understands that units may not be delivered in accordance with the renditions made in the marketing communication materials shown to the applicant. Units will be delivered in accordance with the description and layout provided in the Contract of Sale. Plots of land vary in sizes and final sizes will be confirmed through the issuance of respective survey plans for the property type allocated. Individual survey plans indicating sizes of relevant units or plots (as the case may be) will accompany the Deed of Assignment.

This issue I have with this answer is that the floor plan and the structure presented in the marketing communication materials is part of the reasons why I am buying the property. The fact that I might be getting something else is making me feel uneasy. Worse is that fact that the layout that would be used will only be made available in the Contract of Sale, which I can't get access to until I complete payment. If after payment has been completed and I don't like the layout/floor plan in the Contract of Sale and I decide to cancel, I will be charged 20%.

Is this not supposed to be marked as a fraudulent practice? Worse is this is coming from a top developer.

(1) (Reply)

The Signature, Abijo - Lekki / Land With Seaview For Sale In Ibeju Lekki Lagos State / New And Imported Cago Containers Shopping Down Foe Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.