Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? (2141 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / Kinds Of People You Will Encounter In The University / The Ordeal And Triumph Of A Female Colleague On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by PhillipPHD(m): 8:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
1. Triangle group:

This is the most conservative category. The most efficient way to graduate with a 2.1 is by joining this category. Triangle in this case, denotes a tripartite pattern of lifestyle on campus: Hostel, Class and Library, nothing more. If school is in session, you will certainly find them in any of these places or else check the clinic. This category have no time for anything apart from studying, this is where you find the efikos and the ‘la cram la pour’ individuals. In all honesty 90% of them make excellent grades, except the follow-follow amongst them.

2. Relationship group
Either one relationship or multiple relationships, these ones can’t be without a relationship throughout their stay in school. Most of them cohabit and already have 5 years marriage experience before even getting a single work experience.

3. Old age group
Do you remember that 38 year old lady/man in your department? This is their category. You will be talking to your colleague and be saying sir, sir, sir. These ones have experienced how it is in the real world and have come back to achieve their academic dreams. Most times they offer unsolicited advice that youngsters can hardly relate to. They try to study and cope but most of them end up with 2:2.

4. Cultism group
These are the real MEN. If you know, you know. Awon Wole Soyinka.

5. Religious group
Also know as Spirikoko people, these ones can carry church and mosque matter on their head eh. Lectures will be going on but you will mostly find them under the tree behind the hall carrying out intercessory prayers. They are very selective of the people in their circle and move in cliques. Religious extremism is the passcode to break into their circle. I admire them a lot, but sadly a vast majority are hypocrites.

6. Off off campus group
These ones don’t just live off campus, they live off off campus ie. they live in ‘town’. Only God knows how they get to hear about tests, assignments and exams because you will never see them in school/class, but will find them in every crucial situation: examination. These ones are either working full time jobs or too lazy/uninspired to attend classes. This category have mastered the art of blocking, sorting and egunje, they are on first name terms with your professors. Most of them just want a final CGPA of 2.53 and they feel accomplished.

7. Prostitution and sugar daddy group
These are the slay queens, slay mamas, runs girls and campus shepeteris. These ones are not your mates because they move with the high and mighty in town. Well versed with all the hotels, clubs, swimming pools, hangout spots etc., they possess the latest gadgets and fashion items including hairs, eyelashes, perfumes, jewelry, lingeries, bags, etc. Inasmuch as most of them are empty headed, a good percentage of them eventually graduate with 2.1. E shock you?

8. Aspiring entertainers group
The campus musicians, actresses, beauty queens and party organizers are found here. Most of them are extremely talented but just a few get to live the dream of becoming superstars.

9. Politics group
These ones are activists cum politicians. From department president to faculty senator to SUG general secretary. Very pompous set of people who start feeling like Obafemi Awolowo after winning an election. It is in this category that corruption was birthed in Nigeria.

10. Yahoo boys group
Romance scammers, hackers, ‘investors’ and ‘traders’. This category consist of our famed G boys who will prove to you that anything is possible with money. These Extremely loud set of people will flaunt heavy cars and the most contemporary gadgets in the most controversial manner. They oppress and suppress those who get stipends from home, to the extent that ‘if you can’t beat them, join them’. Most guys are so scared of them and the ladies are usually happy around them. They party like 99, live lavida loca, if e pain you, go hug transformer.

NB: Fashionistas, Sex freaks, pastors kids, rich kids are evenly distributed amongst these groups.

1 Like

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Religious Group. na we carry church matter for head. We are even more catholic than the pope himself. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by CosmicPhoenix: 8:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
op,what's happening?i cannot find my group,who is the group leader sef?
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Bedesipop(m): 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2020
WEll said
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Samfloxin(m): 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
I can't even see a group I blended very well in. Mine was partly religious, partly triangular.

1 Like

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Bigbishung(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
u forgot to add the funniest which is the I too know everything group.they know the VC,the CSO,cheif librarian,bursar, register,sug, infact everything they know.i wonder who and how they know.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Dayoebe(m): 1:31am On Oct 09, 2020
this is where I belong - rectangle gang - school, work, church, off campus hostel
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Stanweezy(m): 5:10am On Oct 09, 2020
Well said, I'm universal because I parole with all the group during my stay
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by femi4: 6:32am On Oct 09, 2020
Team 1&5
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 09, 2020
The 007 crew. They don't talk to anyone, they are always in their own cos they ain't got time for shiii.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by osamz007: 9:58am On Oct 09, 2020
awon wire wire quarters
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by legendEMT(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2020
Very true, I belong to the triangular group but quite unfortunate that I almost lived like a hypocrite because of pressures from ladies during TDB.
I was just collecting free foods, smooching and romance at nights after long hours of reading....
One girl nearly killed me with heads....

N.B: I still graduated with a first class though before preachers would come for me
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by jaszplus12(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2020
What about the sports group?? Always available for NUGA etc...they miss exams and tests yet they don't fail because they represent the school!!

1 Like

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Freestainworld(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2020
the group is inconclusive

1 Like

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by EbukaHades10(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
What of my group.....the Free spirit group?

Friends with virtually everyone in the department if not the whole faculty, parties a lot, still belongs in groups 2 and 5 and comes out with a respectable grade.

Xforce squad, I sight u

1 Like

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by DKrown: 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2020
The sportsmen group�
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
Me na NBM I join for school
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Openbusiness: 1:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
OP, I score you 80 over 100. You missed 3 groups

1) Student religious groups like departmental religious fellowships, muslim students fellowship, Christian students association etc
2) business students. This ones are schooling and running part time business on campus, either in hostel or in department. They sell handouts, exam questions, run tutorials classes
3) lecturers children groups. They live in quarters, their parents are either lecturers and professors. They usually graduate with 1st class too but some turn out to be Marlians

1 Like

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
True
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hmmm.
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Evect(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2020
undecided
Omo na group 1 all the way O..
I no dey like failure or anything wey be like am grin
We go come use group 9 balance am. Chai
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by DontBullshitMe: 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2020
Openbusiness:
OP, I score you 80 over 100. You missed 3 groups

1) Student religious groups like departmental religious fellowships, muslim students fellowship, Christian students association etc
2) business students. This ones are schooling and running part time business on campus, either in hostel or in department. They sell handouts, exam questions, run tutorials classes
3) lecturers children groups. They live in quarters, their parents are either lecturers and professors. They usually graduate with 1st class too but some turn out to be Marlians
He addressed your number 1. Check his number 5 explanation and see the similarities.

Your number 2 was never addressed, so spot on.

Your number 3 is not that significant in the scheme of things. Majority of lecturers' children in public owned universities and some private owned universities hardly attend the same university their parents lecture. Although there are few exceptions to this in standard universities such as OAU, CU, UI and UNILAG because of the quality education these universities offer.

You will therefore agree with me that your number 3 grouping only apply to a small percentage (25% at best) of various universities in Nigeria and therefore does not deserve a spot in this wonderful article.

1 Like

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by MrBachelor: 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
Masonkaycares:
The 007 crew. They don't talk to anyone, they are always in their own cos they ain't got time for shiii.

Na we be that. cool
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by ProphetofOdin: 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2020
Masonkaycares:

This was my group, i just ghost past university.

By the way:
If you want to make an extra cash for yourself doing a legitimate side hustle please check my signature and follow the link. No down payment all you need is your phone and you can earn as much as 400k.
This is not a fast money making scheme it takes a bit of consistency and patience by working smart with your smart phone.
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Openbusiness: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

He addressed your number 1. Check his number 5 explanation and see the similarities.

Your number 2 was never addressed, so spot on.

Your number 3 is not that significant in the scheme of things. Majority of lecturers' children in public owned universities and some private owned universities hardly attend the same university their parents lecture. Although there are few exceptions to this in standard universities such as OAU, CU, UI and UNILAG because of the quality education these universities offer.

You will therefore agree with me that your number 3 grouping only apply to a small percentage (25% at best) of various universities in Nigeria and therefore does not deserve a spot in this wonderful article.
You're very correct! My eyes skipped #5
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by soleexx(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
None

Just off campus Just few friends and very few relationship
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Pweetyccee(f): 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
None of the above
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Vyzz: 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
And my own group
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by VYKlearning: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2020
Respect to all those who are being looked down upon because of their present challenges. You are more than the challenges. You will win if you do not give up. You are not alone. No condition is permanent. Every season has its time.

Schooling is education, but education is not schooling. Education is more than academics.

You can't always predict the success of a person by one stage of his/her life.

Be strong.
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Hintona(f): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
I no fit find my own group

I know people in group 1 that graduated with 3rd Class.

The people in that politics group are more corrupt than Buhari and his cabinet, if Nigeria really wants to fight corruption they should start from all these University unionists tueh. angry

1 Like

Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by surelove(f): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
I can't relate with No.1
Re: Ten Categories Of People You Find On Campus. What Group Do You Belong? by Nmezor(f): 6:30pm On Oct 09, 2020
#11...None of the above den

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU: Foreign Universities Wooing Students (photos) / Kwarapoly Resumption! / Computer Science Project Topics Search Ends Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.