Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,388 members, 7,846,635 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Could It Be ADHD?? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Could It Be ADHD?? (438 Views)

A Taste Of Freedom After 25years In Psychological Prison Of Adhd. True Story / Need ADHD Medication In Nigeria / Where Can I Get ADHD MEDICATION In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could It Be ADHD?? by Storm665(f): 8:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
I'm a 19 year old Nigerian girl,it took me long to realize I might have a serious problem.

Since I was as little as I can remember,I've always been the odd one in my family...I have 4 siblings but was the only introvert...although growing up has made me a little bit more exposed and used to being around people.
But I still think I have a problem:

*I easily get distracted:the reason is because I have this huge fantasy in my head on the kind of world I would love to fit in...I've been having this fantasy since I was 14 or 15... and it feels so real for me to the extent that now I'm 19 the people in my head all grew up.
I really don't know how to explain it but it's really weird..in my little world I have no worries,I'm happily married with kids and I have a huge extended family...most times when I'm in the real world and I feel depressed I immediately Chanel my imagination to this other world and it makes me feel good...this makes me get distracted alot especially academically.

*I have this weird habit of running or being in motion when I'm in this world: it gets crazier when I listen to music...I forget myself and start running around my room or jogging or jumping or something when I start having this weird imaginations.

*I have mood swings:this might be normal for most people these days but I have a feeling mine is different

*I don't enjoy being happy for too long:this symptom is new, it started when I lost my mum and since then, if something good starts happening in my life I always feel so pessimistic and it feels like it will never last long.

*I get suicidal/death thoughts atleast once everyday:I'm not exaggerating...it just comes as a "what if" thought.
I'm on a car (what if there will be an accident)
I'm cutting with a knife(what if you bleed yourself to death)
Looking through my balcony(what if you fall off and die)...and many more.

*I enjoy dark humor: I love watching movies where people die especially the good people...I love dark jokes and I always laugh when I see people get hurt.

So I looked some of these things up especially the fantasy and running while imagining things ...and what I saw was ADHD but it only happens to children.
So I don't know if it's what I have ...maybe I'm being overdramatic and that's how most people actually are?
Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by blackpanthar: 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2020
Storm665:
I'm a 19 year old Nigerian girl,it took me long to realize I might have a serious problem.

Since I was as little as I can remember,I've always been the odd one in my family...I have 4 siblings but was the only introvert...although growing up has made me a little bit more exposed and used to being around people.
But I still think I have a problem:

*I easily get distracted:the reason is because I have this huge fantasy in my head on the kind of world I would love to fit in...I've been having this fantasy since I was 14 or 15... and it feels so real for me to the extent that now I'm 19 the people in my head all grew up.
I really don't know how to explain it but it's really weird..in my little world I have no worries,I'm happily married with kids and I have a huge extended family...most times when I'm in the real world and I feel depressed I immediately Chanel my imagination to this other world and it makes me feel good...this makes me get distracted alot especially academically.

*I have this weird habit of running or being in motion when I'm in this world: it gets crazier when I listen to music...I forget myself and start running around my room or jogging or jumping or something when I start having this weird imaginations.

*I have mood swings:this might be normal for most people these days but I have a feeling mine is different

*I don't enjoy being happy for too long:this symptom is new, it started when I lost my mum and since then, if something good starts happening in my life I always feel so pessimistic and it feels like it will never last long.

*I get suicidal/death thoughts atleast once everyday:I'm not exaggerating...it just comes as a "what if" thought.
I'm on a car (what if there will be an accident)
I'm cutting with a knife(what if you bleed yourself to death)
Looking through my balcony(what if you fall off and die)...and many more.

*I enjoy dark humor: I love watching movies where people die especially the good people...I love dark jokes and I always laugh when I see people get hurt.

So I looked some of these things up especially the fantasy and running while imagining things ...and what I saw was ADHD but it only happens to children.
So I don't know if it's what I have ...maybe I'm being overdramatic and that's how most people actually are?

you are perfectly OK,
You actually didn't become like this INSTANTLY.... it grew gradually over time.

See, you are evolving and IT IS NOT OVER YET.

You need to really make new friends and chat with people who have similar or different experiences, all I'm saying is YOU NEED BETTER EXPOSURE.

Before you hit 28 or get married, I strongly believe you will be BALANCED.

Time management is also another issue for you, so you need a guide or mentor to help you through this PHASE.

Your Impulsive HOT TEMPER can be altered with music and calm response.

You are simply GROWING out from your "own world".

Just allow others into your life and you will see things differently gradually.
Storm665 pls cut off from STAN, stick with COLE and be faithful.

Just let the past be the past.... MOVE ON TOTALLY and live a FULL and FRESH life.
Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by exynos(m): 8:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
How is your Life with Christ?

The problem you're facing may not be ordinary.
Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by Storm665(f): 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
blackpanthar:

you are perfectly OK

It doesn't feel like it but thanks❤️
Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by Storm665(f): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
exynos:
How is your Life with Christ?

The problem you're facing may not be ordinary.

Um my dad is very religious and I go to church every Sunday but tbvh with you, I have my doubts about God's existence so yeah...Not so good.
Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by exynos(m): 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Storm665:

Um my dad is very religious and I go to church every Sunday but tbvh with you, I have my doubts about God's existence so yeah...Not so good.

Smiles

Now you should note this piece.

'For whatever thing/reason you do/encounter on earth, don't say in your heart or outspokenly that there's no God'

Suscribe wholeheartedly to His Lordship, you'll understand yourself fully

Cc: Righteousness89

1 Like

Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by falcon01: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
Storm665:

It doesn't feel like it but thanks❤️
you are not OK, dont listen to him, You need therapy, The people in your head grew too that's a serious issue right there, it's not like you ain't attached to the world, but you have a whole new world In your head which is not normal. normally by 12 13 this Imaginary people start disappearing but yours grow older. You need to talk to someone.
Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by falcon01: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
exynos:

Smiles

Now you should note this piece.

'For whatever thing/reason you do/encounter on earth, don't say in your heart or outspokenly that there's no God'

Suscribe wholeheartedly to His Lordship, you'll understand yourself fully

Cc: Righteousness89
if you listen to this it's like subscribing to another Imaginary being . It's better to stay with your own Imaginary friends storm665
Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by Storm665(f): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
blackpanthar:

you are perfectly OK,
You actually didn't become like this INSTANTLY.... it grew gradually over time.

See, you are evolving and IT IS NOT OVER YET.

You need to really make new friends and chat with people who have similar or different experiences, all I'm saying is YOU NEED BETTER EXPOSURE.

Before you hit 28 or get married, I strongly believe you will be BALANCED.

Time management is also another issue for you, so you need a guide or mentor to help you through this PHASE.

Your Impulsive HOT TEMPER can be altered with music and calm response.

You are simply GROWING out from your "own world".

Just allow others into your life and you will see things differently gradually.
Storm665 pls cut off from STAN, stick with COLE and be faithful.

Just let the past be the past.... MOVE ON TOTALLY and live a FULL and FRESH life.

Thank you for this...I have no friends just few and none of them are close to me..nobody really knows I'm going through this.
I'm quite a secretive person.

Thank you again... I've moved on from Stan...things also didn't work out with me and Cole.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by Storm665(f): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
falcon01:
you are not OK, dont listen to him, You need therapy, The people in your head grew too that's a serious issue right there, it's not like you ain't attached to the world, but you have a whole new world In your head which is not normal. normally by 12 13 this Imaginary people start disappearing but yours grow older. You need to talk to someone.

I'm pretty sure they'll take me for deliverance if I tell my dad about this...and that costs money..my dad already has enough on his plate and I won't bother him.
My lil sis thinks I'm weird...she's sees me in those state often times and doesn't know what's wrong with me so I'm guessing things like that doesn't happen to her.
Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by blackpanthar: 12:00am On Oct 09, 2020
Storm665:

Thank you for this...I have no friends just few and none of them are close to me..nobody really knows I'm going through this.
I'm quite a secretive person.

Thank you again... I've moved on from Stan...things also didn't work out with me and Cole.

COLE? wow, you really should calm down o, lot's of promising young people like you make mistakes with relationships that they regret later, I feel you can still work things out with cole.

Asides that, I do hope you read relationship books or at least watch people like kinglsey okonkwo on youtube because he teaches mature stuff on relationships.

I was just wondering if you have tried putting down your thoughts and fantasies in written words.
See, stop for a moment and evaluate your journey in life, relationships are very key to making progress, you can not be an ISLAND for too long.

Why not get a friend that can listen to your weird moments and help you balance it with reality. I mean a FEMALE friend.

I do hope you write about what's up with you in your nairaland diary often so you offload the stress.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by falcon01: 2:43am On Oct 09, 2020
Storm665:

I'm pretty sure they'll take me for deliverance if I tell my dad about this...and that costs money..my dad already has enough on his plate and I won't bother him.
My lil sis thinks I'm weird...she's sees me in those state often times and doesn't know what's wrong with me so I'm guessing things like that doesn't happen to her.
you are gonna be alright, atleast you know something ain't right I guess. Just Try to try not letting that world interfere with this one, stop frequently going to your happy place when things get too much in the real world reduce how often you go there for comfort try facing the real thing. Then you might stand a chance of getting rid of it.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by Storm665(f): 7:34am On Oct 09, 2020
blackpanthar:

COLE? wow, you really should calm down o, lot's of promising young people like you make mistakes with relationships that they regret later, I feel you can still work things out with cole.

Asides that, I do hope you read relationship books or at least watch people like kinglsey okonkwo on youtube because he teaches mature stuff on relationships.

I was just wondering if you have tried putting down your thoughts and fantasies in written words.
See, stop for a moment and evaluate your journey in life, relationships are very key to making progress, you can not be an ISLAND for too long.

Why not get a friend that can listen to your weird moments and help you balance it with reality. I mean a FEMALE friend.

I do hope you write about what's up with you in your nairaland diary often so you offload the stress.
Nah...Cole is a user,there was more to him I didn't talk about cos I didn't want it to seem like I'm already taking sides on who I really wanted to be with... cos I wasn't.
I've never felt better... I'm happy he came and left.

Yeah I write alot...I enjoy writing...I've been writing about it since my js3... It's more like a fictional story tho...but when I start writing about it,I tend to start spicing it up and making things up which technically wouldn't be a lie since the whole thing was already unreal.
Writing about it doesn't really help getting me to stop...it sure does make me feel better tho.

I'm the worst person to be friends with,I'm really secretive and I don't like going out...the few friends I have and value..I get jealous when I see them with other friends.

I will consider watching okonkwo on YouTube...thanks for your time and advice...I really appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be ADHD?? by opicgif: 11:37am On Jul 18, 2022
hi,
i'd like to reach out to you
pls send a whatsapp message on 0803. two seven four, 9626

(1) (Reply)

Study Reveals How Ejaculating 21 Times Monthly Help Men To Lower Prostate Cancer / Learn To Heal Fast. / Gates-funded Vaccine Is Causing Polio Outbreak In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.