Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business (633 Views)

As A Lady You Can’t Be In Your Married Sister House And Not Wearing A Bra / Advise, My Father Sold His House And Moved To The Village Now He Wants To Leave / I Sold My Husband’s House And Relocated To The USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by shekwon: 4:51pm On Oct 09, 2020
Hello Nairalanders, Please pardon my writing style.

I am in a fix between getting renting a house or investing in a transport business; the story in details.

I am a young man based in Abuja with my wife. Sometime in August, we had to move out of the house we rented because of constant flood, we were scared because the water current was becoming heavier, a part of the house is falling apart and our landlord wasn't ready to refund part.

Last month we had to move to a serviced apartment where we were charged N50,000 per month, all because we needed a place to stay and for sanity.

I work with a renowned company in Abuja and with my position i am entitled to a housing allowance which will be paid to me by November.
1. So now the bone of contention is this, a client paid me some money so I thought either renting a self contain apartment for now then move out to a bigger place by December or January because my wife will be due between Jan/Feb and her mum will be coming for omugwu and all with the hope of getting a refund.
2. I was thinking of getting a tricycle which will give me at least a return of N40,000 monthly based on findings and feasibilities, then i will use it to foot my serviced apartment bill and still get to enjoy the full returns.

Please people i need a good advice on how to go. Thanks
Re: Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by Bigbishung(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2020
get a keke.the major issue is getting someone who is credible to run it for u.my friend makes up to 4k daily here in calabar

2 Likes

Re: Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by akaahs(m): 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
Consider this if u can put them together.
1. If u have a reliable person that ll run the d keke for u, go for it.
2. If ur wife can go to her mother or ur mother for d omugu, sent her any of them while sorting d accommodation issue. No rush on this.

1 Like

Re: Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by ReignDigitals(m): 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2020
Brother please buy the tricycle. Even when you move to bigger apartment, you still have side hustle that will be giving you money. When mama comes for omugwo, your keke will still deliver money for her going back.

1 Like

Re: Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by shekwon: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
Bigbishung:
get a keke.the major issue is getting someone who is credible to run it for u.my friend makes up to 4k daily here in calabar

4k daily! That's alot. Thanks for sharing
Re: Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by shekwon: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2020
Bigbishung:

4k daily! That's alot. Thanks for your response
Re: Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by shekwon: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
akaahs:
Consider this if u can put them together.
1. If u have a reliable person that ll run the d keke for u, go for it.
2. If ur wife can go to her mother or ur mother for d omugu, sent her any of them while sorting d accommodation issue. No rush on this.
I love this suggestion, and the good thing is my parents are in Abuja. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by shekwon: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
ReignDigitals:
Brother please buy the tricycle. Even when you move to bigger apartment, you still have side hustle that will be giving you money. When mama comes for omugwo, your keke will still deliver money for her going back.
Exactly what i have been thinking too.
Re: Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by frozen70(f): 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2020
shekwon:
Hello Nairalanders, Please pardon my writing style.

I am in a fix between getting renting a house or investing in a transport business; the story in details.

I am a young man based in Abuja with my wife. Sometime in August, we had to move out of the house we rented because of constant flood, we were scared because the water current was becoming heavier, a part of the house is falling apart and our landlord wasn't ready to refund part.

Last month we had to move to a serviced apartment where we were charged N50,000 per month, all because we needed a place to stay and for sanity.

I work with a renowned company in Abuja and with my position i am entitled to a housing allowance which will be paid to me by November.
1. So now the bone of contention is this, a client paid me some money so I thought either renting a self contain apartment for now then move out to a bigger place by December or January because my wife will be due between Jan/Feb and her mum will be coming for omugwu and all with the hope of getting a refund.
2. I was thinking of getting a tricycle which will give me at least a return of N40,000 monthly based on findings and feasibilities, then i will use it to foot my serviced apartment bill and still get to enjoy the full returns.

Please people i need a good advice on how to go. Thanks

If you can trust the keke would be ridder go if you can't trust him get an apartment once and for all

As a family man, getting apartment where you will stay for long is better for your family so that you can settle down properly especially as the children are on the way

1 Like

Re: Between Renting A House And Investing In Transport Business by shekwon: 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
frozen70:

If you can trust the keke would be ridder go if you can't trust him get an apartment once and for all

As a family man, getting apartment where you will stay for long is better for your family so that you can settle down properly especially as the children are on the way
Very true, but the thing is that my housing allowance will be paid by my place of work by first week of December, so i can get a good place by January tops and still retain the keke.

(1) (Reply)

What Could Make This Child This sad? / Urgently Needed / A Very Valid Question For All The Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.