Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike (1352 Views)

Latest Update On ASUU Strike / NANS Reacts To Fg’s Reduction Of Jamb, Neco Fees, Speaks On ASUU Strike / ASUU STRIKE: University Of Ibadan Terminates First Semester. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by Filosofa: 8:10am On Oct 10, 2020
Darty Emmanuel,a lecturer at the University of Uyo wrote the following and I agree with him:

MY OPINION ON THE ASUU/FGN ISSUE

Mr President says get on the IPPIS platform or get nothing and for me, Mr President is right. ASUU should restrategize and get her priorities right. They can't be fighting for students, fighting for parents and fighting for themselves at the same time. The IPPIS is intended to check the excesses of Nigerian lecturers who work in 2 to 4 universities. I am a lecturer working in just one university so tell me, why should I be afraid of IPPIS?
FG wants to increase school fees, ASUU will go on strike to fight it. Why not allow them increase the school fees and let students from all over the country protest? The matter would just solve itself given its tendency to escalate into full blown violence. Given the recent happenings in the country, the probability of such protests relapsing into full scale violence is 100% and government would not want that. If you ask me, FG is even more afraid of students than lecturers.

If FG says work in only one university, then let all adjunct, contract and sabbatical lecturers withdraw their services and go to their domiciliary institutions. That way, the unclothedness of the many new universities the FGN has created without adequate lecturers will be exposed. The FG will either hire new hands urgently or the universities will be shut down. That matter too can resolve itself.

ASUU should stop agitating for better hostels for students. Students pay money for these services to the FG and they have a stronger ground to demand for what they paid for, not lecturers. ASUU keeps fighting for what they call "revitalization funds" (I don't know what that means if you ask me). My question is, does ASUU have any active supervision over how such monies are to be expended by Governing councils of universities or Vice chancellors, bursars and other big men in the university management? Will they sit at table when juicy contracts flowing from such funds will be given? The answer is No. So why do you decide to go hungry, your salaries withheld, subjecting your self and dependants to hardship over monies that will be expended without your inputs or any form of supervision whatsoever? Meanwhile those that will receive the alert when this money lands are still receiving their salaries. This whole drama doesn't make sense to me. ASUU should trim it's demands to member's welfare and stop carrying a scary baggage of demands around. It is a trade union for God's sake. Let's put away this hypocritical toga of altruism. Everybody's problem cannot be your problem unless you want to die before your time.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by flyingpig: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2020
I agree

1 Like

Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by sinkhole: 8:26am On Oct 10, 2020
I seriously agree with him!
Nigerians said they want surferness, so what is the problem of ASUU. Public primary and secondary schools are dead, yes, but are Nigerians not surviving now, infact, the type of private school you put your child/ward defines your class nowadays! It is only the very low of the society that attends public primary and secondary schools and they are happy with that.

1 Like

Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by lekzy116(m): 8:38am On Oct 10, 2020
One of the reasonable being among the union. The man nailed it all, many of the university lecturers are working in two or more universities.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by sageb: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2020
Filosofa:
Darty Emmanuel,a lecturer at the University of Uyo wrote the following and I agree with him:

Mr President says get on the IPPIS platform or get nothing and for me, Mr President is right. ASUU should restrategize and get her priorities right. They can't be fighting for students, fighting for parents and fighting for themselves at the same time. The IPPIS is intended to check the excesses of Nigerian lecturers who work in 2 to 4 universities. I am a lecturer working in just one university so tell me, why should I be afraid of IPPIS?
FG wants to increase school fees, ASUU will go on strike to fight it. Why not allow them increase the school fees and let students from all over the country protest? The matter would just solve itself given its tendency to escalate into full blown violence. Given the recent happenings in the country, the probability of such protests relapsing into full scale violence is 100% and government would not want that. If you ask me, FG is even more afraid of students than lecturers.

If FG says work in only one university, then let all adjunct, contract and sabbatical lecturers withdraw their services and go to their domiciliary institutions. That way, the unclothedness of the many new universities the FGN has created without adequate lecturers will be exposed. The FG will either hire new hands urgently or the universities will be shut down. That matter too can resolve itself.

ASUU should stop agitating for better hostels for students. Students pay money for these services to the FG and they have a stronger ground to demand for what they paid for, not lecturers. ASUU keeps fighting for what they call "revitalization funds" (I don't know what that means if you ask me). My question is, does ASUU have any active supervision over how such monies are to be expended by Governing councils of universities or Vice chancellors, bursars and other big men in the university management? Will they sit at table when juicy contracts flowing from such funds will be given? The answer is No. So why do you decide to go hungry, your salaries withheld, subjecting your self and dependants to hardship over monies that will be expended without your inputs or any form of supervision whatsoever? Meanwhile those that will receive the alert when this money lands are still receiving their salaries. This whole drama doesn't make sense to me. ASUU should trim it's demands to member's welfare and stop carrying a scary baggage of demands around. It is a trade union for God's sake. Let's put away this hypocritical toga of altruism. Everybody's problem cannot be your problem unless you want to die before your time.
Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by sageb: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2020
Filosofa:

Dr. Darty E. Darty is a good and sociable lecturer. I remember Argument and evidence back in the days. That man is a revered logician.

1 Like

Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by obyrich(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2020
Filosofa:

This is a reasonable argument. ASUU should streamline their agitation to issues that concern them directly as a trade union.
Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by Vexedkid(m): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2020
Is it just me or is this man being sarcastic? I never for one day have that believe that ASUU is fighting for my right, as a Nigerian student. People that will threaten to fail u and make u not graduate at the slightest provocation, how could those same set of people risk the bread on their table to fight for my rights? Am I missing something? ASUU is the problem of Nigerian universities. If they are not ready to abide and serve then they should resign and swerve. it is not by force.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by Jman06(m): 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2020
I think this is fair enough
Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by edoairways: 7:44pm On Oct 10, 2020
sinkhole:
I seriously agree with him!
Nigerians said they want surferness, so what is the problem of ASUU. Public primary and secondary schools are dead, yes, but are Nigerians not surviving now, infact, the type of private school you put your child/ward defines your class nowadays! It is only the very low of the society that attends public primary and secondary schools and they are happy with that.
Thanks to the same ASUU, most of our public universities are still breathing. If ASUU hadn't fought tooth and nail, it would have been difficult for a commoner to attend public university. As it stand, most public secondary and primary schools are dead because of negligence.

1 Like

Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by Sibrah: 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2020
ASUU is a group with skeleton in their cupboard obviously.
Govt spends billions on them and the cannot show result for it but want more. They even claim autonomy when they cannot generate funds. It is clear they want the leakages to continue because it trickle down into their pockets.
Re: Dr Darty E. Darty Nailed It On ASUU Strike by KimVenom(m): 7:16am On Oct 11, 2020
True word, like seriously

(1) (Reply)

PTDF Undergraduate, M.sc And Ph.d Scholarship 2021/2022 Portal Is Open / Chrisland Dubai Trip: Mother Chrisland School Girl Rape Victim Cries Out / Do Student Loans Exist In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.