Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Duration For Open University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Duration For Open University (20198 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Law School For Open University: Why Nigeria Can’t Be Different / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 8:38am On Mar 05, 2011
Who knows the duration for courses in national open university especially these two courses computer science and entrepreneur/small business management? programme code for computer starts with 5 while entrepreneur starts with 3, i do not know if it has to do with the code
Re: Duration For Open University by DRadelaw(m): 9:21am On Mar 05, 2011
CALL DR LAWRENCE EKEHINDE,a senior lecturer for help in ADMISSION and for any information concerning this year admission and post-ume update in Nigeria OPEN UNIVERSITY
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 05, 2011
jmoore:

Who knows the duration for courses in national open university especially these two courses computer science and entrepreneur/small business management? programme code for computer starts with 5 while entrepreneur starts with 3, i do not know if it has to do with the code

Both are a 4-yr course.Forget the codes.However, we were slow last yr but if they migrate to the ultimate platform, one can do ones' 4-yr major in 2 and half yrs. I will be in yr2 next April but that wld have been the start of my yr3.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2011
Thanks for all the info, I just submitted my application form some few minutes ago.

I applied for entrepreneur/small business management
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2011
@ferdiii, what do you mean by ultimate platform?
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2011
jmoore:

@ferdiii, what do you mean by ultimate platform?

It means that is what they actually wanna achieve.Where everyone goes at their own pace. Like I can decide not to honor a break and move on and do my exams when am ready not minding my course mates. They still allow application? They ought to have closed on 25 February 2011.We will start next session April 11,2011.The problem is these inconsistencies.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 11:13pm On Mar 05, 2011
ok, i like the ultimate stuff so i can be through in 3 years. i saw 25th as closing date but i called them to be sure and they told me it still on so i applied quickly
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 06, 2011
jmoore:

ok, i like the ultimate stuff so i can be through in 3 years. i saw 25th as closing date but i called them to be sure and they told me it still on so i applied quickly

Good, I believe ur 5 O'level subjects are intact.Which number did you call? I would like to ring them.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2011
Actually I submitted 8 subjects, let them choose the best of five out of them.

What else should I do after I have submitted my application?
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2011
as for the number you can get it in this link http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/centres.html

I called the one for umudike cos I reside in Aba
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 07, 2011
jmoore:

as for the number you can get it in this link http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/centres.html

I called the one for umudike cos I reside in Aba

As long as 5 out of 8 cover for the major you applied.Nothing, just wait for the admission decision. I thought you called Lagos headquarters. Don't bother about it though.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 10:46pm On Mar 07, 2011
How much does it take to register each course?
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 08, 2011
jmoore:

How much does it take to register each course?

1 Unit course is N1,000
2 Unit course is N1,500

I guess 3 unit should be N2,000 not sure because I have not taken any 3 unit course. I will next semester.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2011
Thanks, i already downloaded the student handbook with all the info
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 2:26pm On May 20, 2011
ferdii I need some clarifications on payment.

For new students

PAYMENT FEES

REGISTRATION FEES- 2,500.00

CAUTION DEPOSIT- 3,500.00

ORIENTATION FEES--1,500.00

MATRICULATION FEES--1,500.00

I.D. CARD- 500.00

LIBRARY FEES- 3,000.00

ICT ADMINISTRATIVE CHARGES- 10,000.00

TOTAL

Is it through etranzact or I should just pay into their bank account and go to the study centre for receipt

How do I go about it?
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 20, 2011
jmoore:

Thanks, i already downloaded the student handbook with all the info

1 and 2 unit courses are now N2,000 and 3 remains N3,000
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 1:31am On May 21, 2011
The post I made recently was deleted, this site sometimes dey craze.

I asked about how to pay the session fees.

Do I have to pay through etranzact or do I pay into the noun bank account and collect my receipt at the study centre.

How do I go about it?
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 21, 2011
jmoore:

The post I made recently was deleted, this site sometimes dey craze.

I asked about how to pay the session fees.

Do I have to pay through etranzact or do I pay into the noun bank account and collect my receipt at the study centre.

How do I go about it?

U got the admission? Congrats! Go to any of the five banks and make ur payment. Use [b]www.noun.edu.ng [/b]No more etranzact.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 1:15pm On May 21, 2011
yes, I got admission.

I saw on my profile page that when I clicked add course, it displayed "you have not paid for your compulsory session fee"

After making the payment to the bank what else?

Please give me step by step guide.
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 21, 2011
jmoore:

yes, I got admission.

I saw on my profile page that when I clicked add course, it displayed "you have not paid for your compulsory session fee"

After making the payment to the bank what else?

Please give me step by step guide.

Have u paid the fees + course material/reg fees? Go to ur study center and get details. I can tell u blow by blow.
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 9:56am On May 22, 2011
jmoore:

ferdii I need some clarifications on payment.

For new students

PAYMENT FEES

REGISTRATION FEES- 2,500.00

CAUTION DEPOSIT- 3,500.00

ORIENTATION FEES--1,500.00

MATRICULATION FEES--1,500.00

I.D. CARD- 500.00

LIBRARY FEES- 3,000.00

ICT ADMINISTRATIVE CHARGES- 10,000.00

TOTAL

Is it through etranzact or I should just pay into their bank account and go to the study centre for receipt

How do I go about it?

No more etranzact, go to Zenith or any other listed banks and pay your fees.NOUN is changing everything every week, looking for money.It is getting annoying. I paid N23,500, my courses I have paid up to N21,500 and exams I paid N13,000 (still in my e-wallet) for 13 courses. Now they have set aside JAMB regularization fee (N3,000) and Result verification fee (N5,000) totaling N8,000 till one's graduation year. Some people in their second semester are being harassed with money, they ought to pay for their courses and exams only.Now NOUN is embarrassing themselves, they will pay reg.fee of N2,500 and others totaling N15,500 before courses and exams fees.Exam fee is N1,000 irrespective of the credit unit. So that means we register (N2,500) for every semester not once in a session any more. Again NOUN has changed the amount for course reg. For Undergra:1unit=N1,500, 2units=N2,000 and 3Units=N2,500.They were 1Unit=N1,000, 2units=N1,500 and 3Units=N2,500 at the old portal and earlier 1unit=N2,000, 2Units=N2,000 and 3Units=N2,500 in the new portal.They are confused and changing the units.Earlier I registered a 3 unit course for N2,500 and now it is 2 Unit=N2,000.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 4:27pm On May 22, 2011
After paying the fees, what else should I do?

the fees I listed above. cos I want to pay the fees next week before I start paying for course registration fees.

Also how do you come about the 23,500 you paid. New students (for undergraduate programmes) are to pay 22,500 excluding the jamb and result verification fee.
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 22, 2011
jmoore:

After paying the fees, what else should I do?

the fees I listed above. cos I want to pay the fees next week before I start paying for course registration fees.

Also how do you come about the 23,500 you paid. New students (for undergraduate programmes) are to pay 22,500 excluding the jamb and result verification fee.

Include JAMB Regul and Resul Veri and add up with N15,500.But you guys will hav to pay both on the final yr. Yeah after paying, use the PIN to load ur e-wallet and that is if NOUN has reprogramed to take that amount from new students. It was N30,500 before.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2011
Thanks! you are in your final year, thats why you are paying for jamb and result verification fee?

is it the bank that will give me the pin after payment?
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 6:58am On May 23, 2011
jmoore:

Thanks! you are in your final year, thats why you are paying for jamb and result verification fee?

Am in my second year.May be they figured out folks were complaining about too much money and I don't have to pay again.Both are ONE OFFs.Yes the bank will give the page that contains everything, but you have to got with ur mat no.Ur interest shld be on the PIN, and the subsequent payment your interest shld be on the transaction ref.
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 10:10am On May 23, 2011
jmoore:

Am in my second year.May be they figured out folks were complaining about too much money.However I don't have to pay again.Both are ONE OFFs.Yes the bank will give the page that contains everything, but you have to go with your Mat No.Your interest shld be on the PIN, and the subsequent payments you shld use the transaction ref.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 1:22pm On May 27, 2011
what should I do with the pin no that the bank will give me? which bank did you make use of cos oceanic in aba is confused about the payment procedure when I came to make the payment. I plan on going to zenith next time.

any idea about maximum credit units allowed for each semester cos I want to finish earlier
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 27, 2011
jmoore:

what should I do with the pin no that the bank will give me? which bank did you make use of cos oceanic in aba is confused about the payment procedure when I came to make the payment. I plan on going to zenith next time.

any idea about maximum credit units allowed for each semester cos I want to finish earlier

Go to Zenith, their acct number is 8080100669. If you have created ur new portal with photo, mat number, just use the transaction ref and load it on ur e-wallet, they will take away N15,500 and leave the rest as your balance.Ask the bank when to use the PIN, I think it is when you don't have ur mat. numba yet.I don't know the max of credit units. I'd like to find out soon because I want to cut off a year or a semester. That,will be clearer when am in yr3. But I will ask. you can e-mail me at [b]ferdimako@gmail.com [/b]to avoid all these dr this, engr that. However other legal viewers will be cut off from the sequence.
Re: Duration For Open University by jmoore(m): 3:43pm On May 27, 2011
thanks! thread closed by thread author!
Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 27, 2011
jmoore:

thanks! thread closed by thread author!

Still ask them if one can take future courses with the hope to finishing earlier. I do take some left-out courses but it seems normal. I will still ask someone myself.
Re: Duration For Open University by wisdomkid: 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) Undergraduate & Postgraduate Courses duration has been announced, and funny enough, it's wayyyy better than our current tertiary institution's course duration. Honestly, I still preferred the NOUN course duration over Federal and state universities/polytechnics duration.

1 Like

Re: Duration For Open University by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jul 03, 2015
@Jmoore, I was ur counselor four years ago.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwara’s Hijab Controversy Continues Despite Govt’s Directive / Prof. Olu Akeusola Is Dead (MOCPED Provost) / South African Law Graduate & His Great Grandmum Who Sponsored His Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.