Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

Algeria Coach, Rohr Disrupted My Plan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Coach, Rohr Disrupted My Plan (450 Views)

Coach Rohr Spotted With A Beautiful Lady After Semi Final / Super Eagles Coach, Rohr Names Four Strikers To Represent Nigeria In Egypt / Our Tactics Made Life Difficult For South Africa, Says Nigeria Coach Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Algeria Coach, Rohr Disrupted My Plan by psalmistkakah(m): 9:39am On Oct 10, 2020
2019 Africa Cup of Nations-winning coach Djamel Belmadi has admitted that manager Gernot Rohr disrupted his tactical plans by fielding a different Nigeria starting lineup in Friday's international friendly at the Wörthersee Stadium, Klagenfurt.
Rohr made seven changes to the team that beat Lesotho 4-2 with full debuts handed to goalkeeper Maduka Okoye, Frank Onyeka and Zaidu Sanusi. The main novelty was Tyronne Ebuehi starting a game for the national team for more than two years, with the Benfica loanee selected over Ola Aina and Chidozie Awaziem for the right-back role. West Brom's Semi Ajayi, who previously started the last four matches, changed his position from center back to central midfield to compensate for the absence of the injured Wilfred Ndidi while Porto's Sanusi started ahead of Jamilu Collins at left-back. "We had spotted two or three weaknesses that they could tactically have with certain players," Belmadi told reporters post-match.
"Today, they actually played others so it disturbed some of the information I was able to give to the players a bit, but they have adapted to this situation.
"Djamel Belmadi added: "We responded well against a team which is tactically in good shape.
We gave a physical response with a lot of intensity in the midfield and in the pressing.
"These are things that we were able to work on.
I think our players have been almost perfect against a strong team. "We came to find difficulty. We were tactically fair. We did everything we had prepared this week.
Great merit to the players.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Usyk Says He's Ready To Step Aside So Joshua Vs Fury Fight Can Happen In 2021 / Why Frank Lampard Sends Timo Werner Message After His Performance / 7 Wrestler's Who Murdered Others While Wrestling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.