Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

5 Bedroom Bungalow - Roofing Cost Confusion - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Bedroom Bungalow - Roofing Cost Confusion (514 Views)

Wow Check This Bungalow Roofing Call Or Whatsapp Me For Your Roofing Carpenter / Double 1 Bedroom Flat Bungalow Roofing Workmanship / Urgent Help Please, How Much Will This Roofing Cost Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Bedroom Bungalow - Roofing Cost Confusion by Nzekells: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2020
Good people, please educate me. I really need your help. I am building a 5 bedroom bungalow in rural town in Imo state. Currently, we are just completing parapet. The two quotes for roofing I got are starkly different in terms of materials.

QUOTE 1:
2x4x16 wood: 300 pcs
2x2x16 wood: 160 pcs (80 of them will be split into half. Reason he said is to achieve a perfectly straight wood, which is harder to get if pre-split ones are bought)
2x3x12 wood: 140 pcs
1 bag of 4" nails
3 bag of 3" nails
Labour (including ceiling noggings): N220,000

QUOTE 2:
2x4x16 wood: 490 pcs
2x2x16 wood: 470 pcs
2x2X12 soft wood: 300 pcs
2 bag of 4" nails
3 bag of 3" nails
Labour (including ceiling noggings): N250,000

How/why possibly are they so different? Which is likely better to go with? Thank you for taking the time.
Re: 5 Bedroom Bungalow - Roofing Cost Confusion by Analyst01(m): 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2020
Hi Nzekells,

It would be difficult to say whose estimate is better without seeing the working drawings.

If you are going to buy the materials yourself, I think you should go for the affordable guy but use the most affordable estimation. Of course you will have to provide extra if and when needed.

Note also that you haven't factored in the level of skills of the carpenters you are appraising which I think is also very important.

If you would like to get a detailed material breakdown for the roof timber, you can reach me on 07033544353/frankitangltd@gmail.com.

Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

Please House How Good Is This Door For Room (photos) / SOLD: 6 B/Room Duplex On 3½ Plots W/BQ & Fish Pond #70m / Stucco Roofing With Stucco Aluminium Parapet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.