Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) (4502 Views)

Strike: Labour To Embark On Nationwide Protest / ASUU Strike Protest Rocks UNIBEN (Video, Photos) / 'End ASUU Strike' Protest Rocks Makurdi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by asorockvibestv: 8:00am On Oct 11, 2020
Even after the federal government announced that all schools will fully resume on the 12th of October 2020, The Academic Staff Union Of Universities, said that the indefinite strike that started even before the Covid19 pandemic still continues.

They have been a lot of trends and complains from students on social media for some couple of months, regarding school resumption, which literally fell on deaf ears.
Experts have advised that the only way for schools to resume anytime soon is through protest, because apparently no positive negotiation is going on, the both parties are relaxed and it seems they don’t care.

Therefore students are advised to embark on a Nationwide #EndASUUStrike protest which is starting on Tuesday 13th of October 2020.
Venue : From your school gate to the Government house, for schools in the Capital City.
For those that are not in the Capital City, they are advised to March with their placards and banners from their various school gates to the city, as much as they can go.

Students in Abuja are advised to March to the federal ministry of education complex.

Address: Federal Secretarial Phase III,
FCT, Abuja. Nigeria
This Nationwide protests is set to commence on : Tuesday 13th – Saturday 17th of October.
Time : 10am – 1pm

Source : https://asorockvibes.com.ng/education/endasuustrike-students-set-to-embark-on-nationwide-protests-more-details/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Karlifate: 8:07am On Oct 11, 2020
Strike today, protest tomorrow.
That's the new norm now.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by lilGiant(m): 8:08am On Oct 11, 2020
A welcome development, students are tired of having their futures being played. I hope the protests will not be scanty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by MickzyDonald: 8:11am On Oct 11, 2020
What's the essence of fighting for what's not worth fighting for,the probability of we students getting job is 0.5 of the ratio of 10, Education is very important but it's not valued in this Country at all, without a certificate there's no employment, with a certificate you might not be given a job,all your projects gets burnt after submitting them...We shouldn't rely on Nigeria's educational system because it might later put one to shame... Educational is important
#EndPoorEducationalSystem

Modified---
for those who are going to join the protest,why don't you get yourself skilled,use it for the future if the certificate doesn't work out instead of wasting your time fighting for the useless organizations wasting our genuine time...God bless us all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Matthewdan(m): 8:23am On Oct 11, 2020
MickzyDonald:
What's the essence of fighting for what's not worth fighting for,the probability of we students getting job is 0.5 of the ratio of 10, Education is very important but it's not valued in this Country at all, without a certificate there's no employment, with a certificate you might not be given a job,all your projects gets burnt after submitting them...We shouldn't rely on Nigeria's educational system because it might later put one to shame... Educational is important

Modified---
for those who are going to join the protest,why don't you get yourself skilled,use it for the future if the certificate doesn't work out instead of wasting your time fighting for the useless organizations wasting our genuine time...God bless us all
. Where money dae to learn skill.... If dm resume now self man house rent dn xpire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Freestainworld(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2020
it's not a bad idea protesting the end of ASUU strike, this people are paying for the education they are denied of, am sure no body will like to pay for goods that won't be delivered to him/her, if they could pay for their education, they deserve to get the qualitative of what they paid for, this is day light robbery, and the government is no different from the yahoo boys they chase after, all na stealing by tricks.

5 Likes

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Bomboiy: 8:37am On Oct 11, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Modified---

Oga this doesn't make sense,if you are no longer interested then dropout and let us be. Your mindset is already flawed.

We should learn a skill? Which capital we go use start?

15 Likes

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Siberia01(m): 8:57am On Oct 11, 2020
cool

Education doesn't make you great...
it will never make you rich.....
the Major reasons why degree holders are poor!!!

wizkid, zlatan and davido combined are all richer than all the Nigerian doctors put together..

better drop out now ...
or you live to regret the rest of your life..

go and learn skills
go into music
go into entertainment...

leave education for the white race

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by MickzyDonald: 9:44am On Oct 11, 2020
Siberia01:
cool

wizkid, zlatan and davido combined are all richer than all the Nigerian doctors put together..

better drop out now ...

go and learn skills
go into music
go into entertainment...

These ones won't hear,i started working for hotels before i left secondary school,and i can proudly say I'm better than some graduates that hold their certificate like their lives depend on it,(i hvnt gained admission but I'm still good with the little i have

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by MickzyDonald: 9:46am On Oct 11, 2020
Bomboiy:

Oga this doesn't make sense,if you are no longer interested then dropout and let us be. Your mindset is already flawed.

I didn't force you OP,good luck with your protest then

1 Like

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by TThhoorr: 10:00am On Oct 11, 2020
Can someone explain to me whether the protest is against ASUU or the FG because logically speaking ASUU is the only functioning educational body which is still strong and able to strand up to this hypocritical Democratic government since 1990s apparently you guys failed to realize that the government only understands strike as the language that calls for attention because its bad for politics apart from our tertiary institutions the primary and secondary school educational level in this country are all in a state of decay some schools doesn't have even a single desk for students or other materials that are the duty of the government both state and federal to provide the only thing that made our universities to be different is because of ASUU of which of it fails in its duty the universities will also be like the rest simply saying if you can't support b them don't add insult to their injuries for the sake of others

12 Likes

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 11, 2020
MickzyDonald:

These ones won't hear,i started working for hotels before i left secondary school,and i can proudly say I'm better than some graduates that hold their certificate like their lives depend on it,(i hvnt gained admission but I'm still good with the little i have
Because you have money doesn't mean you are better than anyone, get that into your skull.

10 Likes

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2020
Siberia01:
cool

better drop out now ...

go and learn skills
go into music
go into entertainment...

This rubbish post is why some goats will keep on dragging Africa backward, and just look at how much stupidity is emanating from the last sentence. Tufia.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by fayded(m): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2020
Siberia01:
cool

better drop out now ...

go and learn skills
go into music
go into entertainment...

I can only say one thing to you.. U need education in ur life.. Clearly from ur statement above. U lack it

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Lorayne(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2020
make una no try am o.... school must not resume this year
Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by MickzyDonald: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2020
Matthewdan:
. Where money dae to learn skill.... If dm resume now self man house rent dn xpire
Oh it's paper you want to use in the payment of your Tution fees abi... Always reason before blabbing out words
Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by SILVERLINES: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2020
Brilliant ideas
Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by SILVERLINES: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2020
Lorayne:
make una no try am o.... school must not resume this year
budy nobody ask you to resume this year, you can resume yours in the next ten years as you may wish

5 Likes

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Nukilia: 11:47am On Oct 11, 2020
Now that big brother Nigeria is over grin grin grin #Jokers
Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Lorayne(m): 11:58am On Oct 11, 2020
SILVERLINES:
budy nobody ask you to resume this year, you can resume yours in the next ten years as you may wish
dude , nobody's resuming this year. that's just it!
Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Creeza(m): 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
when we reach the permanent site i will edit this comment.
Intuitively, lalasticlala happy sunday supermod
Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by tunjilomo(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
Good luck, guys. Your service is valued.
Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
Siberia01:
cool

better drop out now ...

go and learn skills
go into music
go into entertainment...

For the white race?

You're truly uneducated.

3 Likes

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Elisho95: 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
Students no waste time protesting cause no protest de work for naija Instead used that time and do somethin beta
Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Xsem(m): 1:40pm On Oct 11, 2020
TThhoorr:
Can someone explain to me whether the protest is against ASUU or the FG because logically speaking ASUU is the only functioning educational body which is still strong and able to strand up to this hypocritical Democratic government since 1990s apparently you guys failed to realize that the government only understands strike as the language that calls for attention because its bad for politics apart from our tertiary institutions the primary and secondary school educational level in this country are all in a state of decay some schools doesn't have even a single desk for students or other materials that are the duty of the government both state and federal to provide the only thing that made our universities to be different is because of ASUU of which of it fails in its duty the universities will also be like the rest simply saying if you can't support b them don't add insult to their injuries for the sake of others

It should be against the federal government or the Nigeria government both federal and state even local. They're all complicit in the rot in our educational system

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by spydera: 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
I don't think this protest will be like the #endsars protest ooo... because alot of individuals are not students and majority of students have given up on school.

1 Like

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Dreamliner787(m): 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
Coronavirus now.. be like.. grin

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Slynation(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
TThhoorr:
Hmmmm.... Typing without punctuations makes no sense.....!!

1 Like

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Slynation(m): 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
spydera:
I don't think this protest will be like the #endsars protest ooo... because alot of individuals are not students and majority of students have given up on school.
Students currently working won't even border to join the jamboree.....!! Instead of those lazy students to look for something doing to better their lives, they busy planning protest.... #Trending EndSars and EndAsuuStrike simultaneously will definitely make the whole process a joke....

1 Like

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by DaInferno(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2020
MickzyDonald:

Modified---
no negative vibes pls... there are people who still use their certificates

1 Like

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by DaInferno(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
Bomboiy:

...he no even come mention the skills sef

am currently learning tailoring, but that don't mean I don't wanna graduate!

2 Likes

Re: Students Set To Embark On Nationwide End ASUU Strike Protest (more Details) by Projectile5(m): 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2020
#EndAsuuStrikeNow

SAVE OUR FUTURE!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Low Tuition Fees/free Fees For Universities In Canada / How To Pass Exams And Achieve Exam Success / Water Scarcity In Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.