Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,192 members, 7,811,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings (55534 Views)

Nigerian Girl Flaunts Her New Pet, A Lion Cub (pics/video) / Businessman Storms His Father's Burial With A Lion In Anambra State (Video) / Dean Schneider; The Man That Belongs To A Lion’s Pride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Logon59: 8:39am On Oct 12, 2020
Lions, tigers, and bears all have different preferences when it comes to their living situation — lions live in prides, and tigers and bears are mostly solitary. But sometimes life makes for odd couplings (or triple-ings).

A trio of these animals decided to form their own little weird pack and they live together in harmony, despite belonging to different species. From the trauma they faced together when they were young, these guys generated a unique bond. One that we can all learn from.

This special BLT (bear, lion, tiger), as the group is known, is a reflection of how all animals can grow to love each other, despite coming from different worlds.

A sad discovery
In 2001, the Georgia State Police broke into a drug dealer’s home and stumbled upon a heartbreaking scene. In the basement of the house lay 3 terrified cubs. A bear cub, a tiger cub, and a lion cub were all malnourished, infested with parasites, and showed signs of inhumane treatment.

A black bear named Baloo, was trapped in a harness that had cut through his skin. A Bengal tiger named Shere Khan, looked near death, and Leo, an African lion, had been locked into a small box, despite having an open wound on his face. But those tragic days have come to an end.

A new home for BLT
Authorities contacted the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and helped the trio move into their new home: a rescue center known as Noah’s Ark.

Baloo, Shere Khan, and Leo, still fearful from the trauma they’d been through, looked to each other for comfort. After a few months of healing, the cubs began to show more confidence in each other and themselves: They could be seen grooming, cuddling, and playing with each other.

As the trio became older, the rescue center leaders sadly anticipated that they might have to separate them as they grew into adulthood. They thought this made all the sense in the world, assuming the 3 acted according to the laws of nature. But this family was too closely knit to pay attention to any of these laws. They were brothers, and there was no way, or need as it turned out, to cut their fraternal bonds.

Baloo
Baloo, the American black bear, had suffered the most abuse as a cub and had to be operated on when he was rescued. He was separated from his friends, and when he came back, they welcomed him with licks and all kinds of roughhousing, a sign of animal affection. Baloo grew into a relaxed and confident bear who today would do absolutely anything for something sweet.

Shere Khan
Shere Khan, the Bengal tiger, was the smallest of the 3 and also the most mischievous. He attacked Baloo and Leo during playdates but, at the same time, could also be the most loving toward the others. Shere showed his love by headbutting his brothers and snuggling with them.

Leo
Leo, the African lion, enjoyed long naps on the porch of his clubhouse. He obviously was fond of rest and also greatly enjoyed his moments of exploration, investigating new spaces, foods, smells, and toys which his caregivers offered him.

The last good-bye
The 3 brothers lived together for 15 years. Their caretakers swear that they never saw them fight or get violent with each other, not even once. After surviving such a horrific nightmare together, they rewarded each other with many, many happy days.

In 2016, Leo was diagnosed with cancer and left his siblings shortly thereafter. Shere Khan followed him in 2018 and was buried next to his brother near their clubhouse, one of his favorite spots. Baloo is the only member of this trio left in the sanctuary and is waiting until the day the 3 of them get back together.

Source: https://brightside.me/wonder-animals/a-lion-a-bear-and-a-tiger-who-were-rescued-from-abusive-owners-decided-to-live-as-a-family-799207/

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Logon59: 8:40am On Oct 12, 2020
Unlikely animal friends

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by thesicilian: 8:42am On Oct 12, 2020
Crazy world

1 Like

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by emillysmigael(f): 8:50am On Oct 12, 2020
Some animals do what humans fail to do... If these animals could co-habit; I wonder what humans do with 'Tribalism' & 'Racism'.

329 Likes 21 Shares

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Kwamecron(m): 8:51am On Oct 12, 2020
Good deed
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by daddytime(m): 9:11am On Oct 12, 2020
Unusual, yet so cute.

10 Likes

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by illicit(m): 9:21am On Oct 12, 2020
Wow
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Righteousness89(m): 9:22am On Oct 12, 2020
GOD is Wonderful!!
All His Creatures are Wonderful!!

Whenever I see things as these, all that runs through my Head is the How it's gonna be Here on Earth during the Millienium Reign with Christ..

All that Runs through my Mind is the Atmospheric beauty and Sweetness that will be here .

The Orginal plan of God for man before The Serpent Confused Eve to Confuse Adam will be Here live..

There will be no Fear for any of these Wonderful Creatures anymore..

I Have Made up my Mind! I Must be there!
What about You?

All you need do is to Reconcile with God through His Son JESUS Christ..
All you need do is to Ensure Purity, Holiness and Righteousness at all fronts.

Once this is done! You are sure to Make the Rapture of the saints and to Return with JESUS back to Earth ..

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by ogbiwa: 9:58am On Oct 12, 2020
Wow this is heart warming to see, but also heart breaking to read that two of them have died.

Lalasticlala Mynd44

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by adaugo59216: 11:00am On Oct 12, 2020
freak, yet so cutie.
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Mastakija(m): 11:02am On Oct 12, 2020
stale!
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by mrdharkchild(m): 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2020
emillysmigael:
Some animals do what humans fail to do... If these animals could co-habit; I wonder what humans do with 'Tribalism' & 'Racism'.
I know u r airing your opinion but shut up.

This generation believes so much in pictures.

2 Likes

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by emillysmigael(f): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2020
mrdharkchild:

I know u r airing your opinion but shut up.

This generation believes so much in pictures.
Online Lion... Real-life cat speaking.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Maycash89(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
Righteousness89:
GOD is Wonderful!!

Whenever I see things as these, all that runs through my Head is the How it's gonna be Here on Earth during the Millienium Reign with Christ..

All that Runs through my Mind is the Atmospheric beauty and Sweetness that will be here .

The Orginal plan of God for man before The Serpent Confused Eve to Confuse Adam will be Here live..

What about You?

Once this is done! You are sure to Make the Rapture of the saints and to Return with JESUS back to Earth ..

This is Kingdom age,Christ is already reigning in His program, but have not fully manifest physically.

2 Likes

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by mrdharkchild(m): 2:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
emillysmigael:
Online Lion... Real-life cat speaking.
U think?
Well that makes 2 of us then

1 Like

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Breezzy(m): 10:52am On Nov 03, 2020
Awesome
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by slawormiir: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....

Submerged in a miasma of melancholy
A real niggarr is emotional right now

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nawa ooo, this is the one of the most touching animal stories I have read
unlikely animal friends

2 Likes

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Rexnegro(m): 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
awesome
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
Amazing!!!

1 Like

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Uprightness100(m): 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
Lovely creatures!
What a beautiful world it's gonna be on Earth in the Millienium reign with JESUS Christ my Lord and Savior..
It's gonna be Be a New Heaven and a New Earth as it was in the garden of Eden before the Serpent Confused Adam and Eve..

If you wanna be there! You need to Surrender Completely to JESUS Christ ...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Dididrumz(m): 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
That's good
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by grandlexuz(m): 1:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
Reminds me of this cartoon we watched in the late eighties when having a television was a luxury. In the town where we lived just two persons had a television set in 1986. My mother and her cousin would leave the house in the evening to go watch films. The TV owner a bachelor in his prime had just returned from Nigeria with a fourteen inch black and white TV set.

Most times my mum and cousin would return at midnight to the fury of my dad..Lol. My father scared that the bachelor might woo his wife obtained a bank loan and got a colour 21 inch Toshiba Tv by November 86.. That tv stil functions. I plan to sell it as antique by 2086. LOL

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by revived: 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
Issokay
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by sammy7410(m): 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
No be lie

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by sigiyaya(m): 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
Righteousness89:
GOD is Wonderful!!

What about You?

The f00l is back!! He will soon tell us how Jesus made it possible for this animals to be friends, Or how it is a sign of end time to see these animals together and how we should get ready and prepare for the trumpet and the destruction of the earth.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by GreaterFuture(m): 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hmmnn
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by melodyblog: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
Wow
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by Taciturn1: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
Fountainofyouth:
Lop
what's lop?
Re: A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings by JARUSHUB: 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
The bear, the tiger and the others

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Dog Made FRSC Officials Free The Boss In Edo State / Nigerian Dwarf Goat Missing In The US (Photos) / Mixed Feelings As Raped Dog Gives Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.