Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,216 members, 7,860,369 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

No Longer Beneficial - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No Longer Beneficial (435 Views)

Formal Education Is No Longer The Best Legacy / Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature?? / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Longer Beneficial by mimitoyin10(f): 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
At the risk of sounding like the child, I am �.... I'd say read and follow at your own risk. I love reading stories a lot and I know how hurting it can be when a writer seems unserious and doesn't update frequently but I don't think that will encourage my lazy self to update all the time... But I'd like it if you can read half invested maybe?? I'm not a literature student... This is me testing new waters.. Lol, hopefully.. It ain't so deep. Thank you for indulging my ranting and raving this far. .so all that plagiarism thingy, please don't make me talk about it.
Just don't steal, copy, or paste without permission.
Once you're permitted, feel free to make me famous darling �

Introduction /prologue coming up. Thanks
Re: No Longer Beneficial by Dybala11(m): 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
mimitoyin10:
At the risk of sounding like the child, I am �.... I'd say read and follow at your own risk. I love reading stories a lot and I know how hurting it can be when a writer seems unserious and doesn't update frequently but I don't think that will encourage my lazy self to update all the time... But I'd like it if you can read half invested maybe?? I'm not a literature student... This is me testing new waters.. Lol, hopefully.. It ain't so deep. Thank you for indulging my ranting and raving this far. .so all that plagiarism thingy, please don't make me talk about it.
Just don't steal, copy, or paste without permission.
Once you're permitted, feel free to make me famous darling �

Introduction /prologue coming up. Thanks
Bring it on sir.
Re: No Longer Beneficial by mimitoyin10(f): 3:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
*Introduction*

"No Longer Beneficial"....hmm, do we really know when to stop, how to stop and why to stop the things that we do not benefit from? When does something stops being beneficial??what is your definition of beneficial

Well..for me, all these questions above should be answered individually.. Not as a group, nation, country, society, family or traditionalist. This is the story of three good friends. Yeah, I said good not best cos is it really possible for girls to be best friends?? Is it really possible for a group of three that can't be divided into two equal parts to be so close that there won't be room for backbiting?? Well... What do I know?

This is the story of ADEMI (a pretty Yoruba girl from OSUN state, lived her life in Benin, schooled in Benin, met her two closest friends here too. She's done with school ,she has served her country or whatever is left of it... She studied physiotherapy and works privately now. She's single or whatever but definitely not engaged,she's 24.when I think of ademi, I picture tiwa savage )

This is the story of ADA(she's a fair-skinned igbo girl she could pass for an half cast, her life isn't that different from ademi, she is an only child.
Re: No Longer Beneficial by mimitoyin10(f): 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
Continuation

She's a banker, the whole beauty and brains package,she's single or over engaged if I should say, well her numerous boyfriends will have to make a pick on the category she falls on. She's 23, I'd like to think of her as Regina Daniel only taller. She lives with her two best friends, ademi and Aisha.life seems great for her.

This is the story of AISHA(she's an Hausa and american half Breed, she's 25. The oldest of the three friends, you'd think that'll make her wiser. .she's a business woman that deals in buying and selling of anything feminine, she's a real gem to the eyes but she isn't married too.. At least the wives of the men she lives on thinks otherwise.she is the only girl in her family of five. She lives with her good friends in Benin city, in the three bedroom flat she so kindly paid for for two years, so far so good.. Life's treating her well)

*did u notice my use of good, best and closest friends Let's find out if they're all that � �. I'm tired already
Re: No Longer Beneficial by mimitoyin10(f): 3:08pm On Oct 13, 2020
Ademi's pov
Chapter one

I sigh as I look up from my phone towards my two friends, in our sitting room..

Girls... Abeg o, see this stupid question o.... "does anything justify a woman beater"?
Ada laughs... Yeah, if he's mad.l beg you,nor dey ask question wey dey vex person.
Why are u asking self?? Aiden did something?? Aisha throws in.
Like what? He wan die? I'm not his girlfriend o, we're just helping ourselves ni.. I'm out anytime I like but Haba!! No now ..its a stupid question I saw on facebook.
No wonder... Stupid question for stupid audience
Sho gba dun?? Are u okay? Ada.. It's me that's stupid so o
Did she call your name? Aisha stiffles a laugh
Be supporting her now, see them agbaya
Oya I'm sorry e, you can't take a joke, old Yoruba woman.. Pele.
I'd like you to add baby to the apology o
Oh! I'm so sorry baby friend... Ada smiles
I look at her for a few seconds and turn to Aisha, be laughing o monkey... I turn back to Ada and say "as for you... Lemme see who will teach u how to lose baby fat when you marry and give birth" .She Stops laughing and say "I'll google it, carry your professionalism and go". I smile and look at my friends, I'm so happy to have them. Even if they're bitches, they're my bitches only. I turn serious and call Aisha's name.
Aisha o, the man that came to drop you this evening, who was that?
Oh that's one of my customers.
You kiss customers now??I ask with a frown
No na.. It's just peck and he's married, way responsible than guys our age now who try to make a move on us at every turn.
Hmm... Abeg o, I'm dating guys our age so please don't insult them all.... Ada says .
So you're not seeing the man? I ask with eyebrows raised
No I'm not, why would I want another woman's man?she asks clearly disgusted
Sorry I'm just making sure cos I don't want to be the one to explain to Larry why his girlfriend is dating a married man.
Haba!! Wait.. If she was, you'd tell him?
Why not? Are we birds of a feather ni?
Chineke o....!!!! Ada laughs the same time Aisha says
Now I know who has my back.
Only you of course, I only have your best interest at heart babe.i say that and face Ada, "same goes for you"...the only men in your life that I know is Larry and Sam.
Coming from someone scared of commitment, but keeps a booty call boyfriend. I'm amazed... Ada says
Aiden is my friend, he's single, and we're mingling till its not... What's the problem there?
I think he's an unserious guy using you
Well he's not Using me,and I know for sure.
Yeah!! Right... So he isn't seeing another girl now? Aisha says
Do I care if he is?? He's single... Abeg case closed. I'm going to bed o, madam osarugue has a session tomorrow and I heard her son is coming this weekend, so he'll probably be there tomorrow
Crushing on the boss?? Ada ask
Probably would be except I haven't seen his picture... I say unbelievably.
Well goodnight hun!!
Good night babes... I blow them kisses and head to my room, I walk in... Off the lights and just lay there... Staring at the ceiling till I doze off .

Aisha's pov
I sit staring at the TV, thinking of what Demi said this evening, I mean she's our friend and she should have our backs. Who tells their friends spouse /partner that her friends cheat?? I worry about this piece of information she reveals tonight.. I absentmindedly sigh and say out loud

"is she serious about betraying her friends trust for her conscience?

She's probably just jealous we're both in stable relationships and would probably hurt us for destroying that relationship ......ada says. I turn to face her and say "what!! " ?.
Your question na
I said it out??
Lol.. Duh! Yeah... I don't read minds
I didn't know jare but I hope she's just scaring us.
Not like I have anything to worry about cos Sam is enough for me
Yeah... Larry's the best, I say despondently and smile to avoid suspicions. I turn back to the TV and I get lost in thoughts again.. I have to find a way to break things up with Larry.. He's a nice guy and all but I don't want my friends settling my future with him... Not that they'd understand why I dated him tho. Married men are more responsible all round than young guys who just want to use you and dump u and make it hard for you to pick your self up again.

Bleep you Odion!!! I scream inside my head and stylishly wipe a tear dropping down on eye. I haven't thought of him in years. I'd like to keep it that way. I unconsciously stand up to go to bed..

Good night darling... Ada calls out, I forgot she was there.
Good night dear .....madam banker, you have work tomorrow, go to bed
Yeah... I'll off the TV and go, good night

As I make my way to My room... I can't help but thank God for my life, tomorrow is going to be a better day. Amen
Re: No Longer Beneficial by mimitoyin10(f): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2020
I've written... Three different chapter one, tried posting but it isn't working..
Help??
Re: No Longer Beneficial by mimitoyin10(f): 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2020
Ada's pov

Chapter two
Monday mornings are always hectic,from waking early, getting ready and going to work as early as 7:00am...i mean bank opens by 8am but I'm in the good employee category group. Thank God it's just an hour left till closing,i can't help but think about the discussion me and my girls had last night...i could tell from Aisha's behavior that she was worried, that has me thinking about a lot of scenarios....
"is she cheating?? "
"or is she worried about a friend not having her back??
I'd prefer the former tho, maybe she'll understand me and my situation. I mean I love Sam but he doesn't have much to give.. That's why I'm doing all this for us, he doesn't know but surely with what Ademi said.. I can't tell my friends either. I stood up to go to the manager's office, Steph said he called for me earlier... I wonder what he wants.

Babe Howfar? Your oga dey around?... I ask Steph
She raises an eyebrow at me and say... "Since morning, you're just coming?? You have luck he takes you like a daughter... Your father is inside o". I look at her and laugh...
I'm sorry ,daddy's secretary". I turn to knock on his door and open it, I peak my head inside and say
"can I come in, sir?
Yes and close the door behind you... He says, I walk in and look at him ....he's a fine man for a guy in his late forties,a single dad he is and a widower. He has all this nice qualities but I can't marry a single dad, that's why I always refute his jokes of being his wife. Clearing my thoughts, I sit and say..

You asked for me?
I did,you look so good today.. I almost gave Clem a query for staring too much.. He laughs
You're funny, Clem can stare.. I'm not your property
But you're my babe now...
Not your wife... I say and smile
Whose fault is that??
Yours... I don't do dads or widowers
You're doing me... He smirks and says
I'm I to think I'm that special??
Nope... You're just too different and smooth for a man your age, like look at you. I hear his booming laughter and I smile inwardly, happy people are cheerful givers.
So.... I need your help, babe
With what?? Wait, don't answer that, money?
Yeah... It's my...
Your what? You're always asking for money, I feel like I'm being played.he shifts his chair backwards, places his palms at the back of his head in a relaxing manner and smiles ..."what do you need it for"?
It's my brother Sam, he owes some people money, it's getting threatening
What dealings does he have with them?
I don't know, I guess it's an investment gone wrong scenario. I look him up and down and hiss... "are you helping or not? "
How much are we talking about?
Half a million
Half a million?? Do I at least get a refund when he's more financially balanced?
You expect him to get it how?? It's not like you pay to screw his sister...... I state with a loud voice.
He stands up and walks to my side of the table with clenched teeth, he's so close I thought he'd kiss me. I was surprised when his face changes to disgust and he says... "I didn't think his sister was a common prostitute that wanted to be paid for sex"!
I didn't think, I raised my hand to slap him and he catches it stopping my action. "Get out!!!, now.. You're silly to think I'll give five hundred thousand naira to a guy who couldn't invest properly without a collateral.
I stay transfixed to the where I'm standing, I can't lose this guy.. He gives me easy money enough ..i look up at him and say
"I'm sorry darling, I'm tired and stressed and angry... I was out of line. How can you help me? "
I want to meet this Sam... Make him sign some documents
No... He wont come, he doesn't even know I'm here for him doing this. He looks at me for a few minutes and say
"Marry me, being my wife is assurance enough "
What!!! Keep your money, I'm not a property... I shout angered
I'm not stupid either... Ada, we have good chemistry together, I can take care of you..
Never mind... I'm a big girl, I take care of my self all the time, I say eyeing him up and down.
Well" ...he claps his hands, goes to sit and say.... Are we still on for tonight??
I look up at him to confront his effontry... What!!! No... And FYI mister, I'm done
Sure... Lock the door on your way out, he says and gets invested in his computer.
God!!!.. I blew this?? I didn't.. I can't sell myself not even for Sam and I. I look at him and smile "it's 4pm manager, good night sir....i say and walk out. I hope I don't get sacked. Tom and chinaza can't sustain me. I look at Steph and say... "Good night dear"
Bye... Good night.
I'll go home, bathe, eat and relax and hope tomorrow is a better day.

Manager's pov
As the door closes, I raise my head from my computer, on a Normal day.. I'd have given Ada the money without thinking twice but not today, not now... Especially when I now know I'm being played. Her brother my foot... Who kisses their brother mouth to mouth... Poor guy!! Doesn't even know he's been played... I didn't either but I'll sit back to watch how he realises it... From now on Ada is my habit that has stop being beneficial.. I sigh and relax backwards on my chair.

(1) (Reply)

"My Journey Through Singlehood" By Christiana Okafor - A Christian Fiction / Behind The Mask / An 11 Year Old Talking Of Getting Married….

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.