Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,452 members, 7,850,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:40 AM

What Corp Members Should Know Before Heading To The Camp Ground - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Corp Members Should Know Before Heading To The Camp Ground (588 Views)

Different Types Of Corp Members You Will Meet At The Camp (memes) / See What Corp Member Was Caught Doing In SAED Class (VIDEO) / NYSC: Top 10 Reasons Why Corps Members Should Register For Npower Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Corp Members Should Know Before Heading To The Camp Ground by doksblog(m): 8:40am On Oct 14, 2020
Actually, before I went to the NYSC camp in the year 2017 in Katsina state (Nigeria), I have little or limited knowledge about the camp and life over there.

But thanks to my biological mother (Mrs. Mariah Oduigwe, may Almighty God reward you abundantly Nneoma’m), who gave me motherly advice including medical treatment because she is a nurse.

She told me about the challenges I’m going to face there in the unknown environment and as usual inject me with supportive medicines.

Now however, I’m writing this very article not because of the passion I have about health in general but also for the experience I had back then in Katsina state orientation camp, along Mani road.

And I believe that I’m in the very good position to share my experience to my brothers and sisters who will soon be at the NYSC orientation camp soon and for the sequel ones that are yet to come.

Nwanne’m (my brother or sister), fear not as my experience will act as a guide to make you have a very wonderful and fun-filled 21-day NYSC orientation camping despite the Coronavirus guidelines.

Oduigwe_chidera_dok_and_friends.jpg
Oduigwe_chidera_dok_and_friends.jpg
However, some of the challenges potential corp members face before embarking on their journey includes fear of the UNKNOWN, struggle to fit in or adjust to a new environment, anxiety, homesickness, the three weeks discomfort of camping in a new place, and of course, health challenges.

Thankfully, unless you have been dealing with any medical challenge, all you need to survive from is the small headache and maybe running stomach that is inevitable especially if you eat from the camp kitchen which simple over-the-counter medications can proffer solution.

In 2017 or before then, the NYSC made it compulsory for prospective corp members to obtain a Medical fitness certificate from a general or military hospital before going to camp.

The purpose of this was to exclude individuals with medical concerns from the strenuous morning drills and campground exercises.

The new requirement was necessary after countless reports of corpers collapsing, and a few dying while taking part in camp activities from the previous years.

The NYSC also makes sure that every camp, regardless of your state of deployment, has a camp clinic where sick corp members are cared for by other corpers with medical backgrounds, nurses and doctors.

In cases where the clinic lacks the right equipment to manage an illness, the patient will be transferred to a hospital where they can be cared for, and the NYSC will make a refund of the medical bills to the patient.

However, below are those things a potential corp members should have in mind before departing for the orientation camp.
https://doksblog.com/what-corp-members-should-know-before-heading-to-the-camp-ground/

(1) (Reply)

Aau Batch C 2013 Lets Meet Here. / Batch C Corpers Posted To Rivers State / Oil And Gas Training Schedule For Dec,2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.