Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? (36119 Views)

A Year After, How Is The Infinix Smart TV? / Meet The Infinix Smart 2 And Smart 2 Pro / Infinix Smart 2/2 Pro Unveiling: Full Specifications And Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by byinks(f): 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2020
I'd rather continue with my 55" Philips that doesn't work with generator than buy this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by chawtinz(m): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2020
okeyumez:
Good product made by the west for a consumer continent of Africa where nothing is produced.
In Nigeria we produce only useless and evil politicians
lol soro soke werey��
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by jojothaiv(m): 7:53pm On Oct 17, 2020
Teeisaac:
U wan buy or u no buy Soro soke werey grin grin
Koma disguise fun wa...

1 Like

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by Earnonline7: 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2020
No
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by Blastedholligan: 12:32pm On Oct 19, 2020
AnonPoet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IivDSmKC5g4

In this Infinix 43 Inch Android TV S1 Review, I go over the specifications, features and my experience using it. The Infinix TV S1 is a 43 Inch and 55 Inch set of Android TVs. They are respectively 1080p and 4K TVs and I had the chance to check out the 1080p version. I cover the Display Quality, sound quality, and overall user experience in this video and subscribers also stand a chance of getting one for free. So far, only the 43 inch TV is on the market while the 55 inch TV hasn't been seen. Some of the specifications of the TV include:

Screen size: 43 Inch IPS LCD 60 Hertz Display
Frameless Design
RAM: 1GB - - Storage: 8GB
3 HDMI Ports
2 USB 2.0 Ports
LAN Port
AV IN Ports
Digital Audio Port
Comes with Dolby Audio
Price: $250 / approx. NGN 115,800

What are. your thoughts about it?
this TV has nice picture quality o
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by Blastedholligan: 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2020
tetula123:
They produce shitty phones. We can in a way use that to judge their TV without Testing
that's where you miss the point. You don't judge a book by its covers
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by Blastedholligan: 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2020
mokt:
This is really nice, where can one get this?
jumia

1 Like

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by rukyboy(m): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
shevon:
I have the 55" and it would have been better I added more money and got a better brand. The advertised HDR is non-existent, and the TV keeps blanking out every now and then (I've called their, so called, customer service and they keep saying they'd get back to me). It runs android 6 without any chance of an upgrade. Total trash.

Have you been able to sort out the issue now?
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by shevon: 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
rukyboy:

Have you been able to sort out the issue now?
For where? Same old story.
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by Tempo1644: 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2021
Simeony007:
Buy and do reviews for us na, abi if you no buy and I no buy too who will now buy and test it

Someone has to sacrifice so others will not make such mistake again. It is what is it!

Here you have it, I guess I'm the scape goat.
6 months after purchase, my screen is gone

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by Simeony007(m): 2:23pm On Feb 02, 2021
Tempo1644:

Eeeyah!!! It is well with you and also thanks for the update you just saved a lot of us from making this grave mistake.

You're such a hero man thank you!!!

5 Likes

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by SteveDGreat: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
Please, how do I add browser to my Infinix smart TV
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by VICTOR4U2C: 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
The tv is bad ..my screen keep going blank after 8month of purchase if you have any solution to this pls call me ...7064949823

1 Like

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by ceaser: 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
Tempo1644:

VICTOR4U2C:
The tv is bad ..my screen keep going blank after 8month of purchase if you have any solution to this pls call me ...7064949823

Oh no. Two people already. That's more than a coincidence. That means I should be expecting this to happen anytime from now. Using it for 10 months already.

Edited: But may J suggest something for yhr two of you that may just solve this problem? It's just a guess but may it'll work. This is because I think the screen problem is more of software glitch than hardware problem. Why I think so is because none of you two reported any physical insult to the TV or any undue exposure to bad mains current. Also at different times before I have experienced instances where the "source" option refuses to come on and I won't be able to change from AV source to HDMI, home or any other source. Then I will need to reset the TV to bring things back to normal.

In one instance, I noticed one of the speakers stopped functioning and believing that it was a hardware problem, I decided to connect my earphones thru the Bluetooth and also discovered that one of the speakers of the earphones also did not work. This made me to conclude that the problem was not with the TV speakers, but probably with the software. At that time, rẹ-installing the TV solved the problem.

So here goes:

Reset your TV: On your remote, press "options". Scroll to and select "TV options". Them select re-install TV.

Your TV will re-boot within 5 to 15 seconds and hopefully this should restore all things to normal.

Please refer back to this place and let us know your feedback.

1 Like

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by sunshineV(f): 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2021
stay away tecno and infinix product, it will end in carlcare. sorry to the two scapegoat

4 Likes

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by fayahsoul: 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Barely 5 months after purchase and the screen starts to show blur lines. Useless product

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by ceaser: 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
fayahsoul:
Barely 5 months after purchase and the screen starts to show blur lines. Useless product

Have you gone thru the steps in this link to troubleshoot it?

https://www.nairaland.com/6184691/opic-infinix-smart-tv-actually/2#104958535
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by 11Anonymous(m): 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
ceaser:

Oh no. Two people already. That's more than a coincidence. That means I should be expecting this to happen anytime from now. Using it for 10 months already.

Edited: But may J suggest something for yhr two of you that may just solve this problem? It's just a guess but may it'll work. This is because I think the screen problem is more of software glitch than hardware problem. Why I think so is because none of you two reported any physical insult to the TV or any undue exposure to bad mains current. Also at different times before I have experienced instances where the "source" option refuses to come on and I won't be able to change from AV source to HDMI, home or any other source. Then I will need to reset the TV to bring things back to normal.

In one instance, I noticed one of the speakers stopped functioning and believing that it was a hardware problem, I decided to connect my earphones thru the Bluetooth and also discovered that one of the speakers of the earphones also did not work. This made me to conclude that the problem was not with the TV speakers, but probably with the software. At that time, rẹ-installing the TV solved the problem.

So here goes:

Reset your TV: On your remote, press "options". Scroll to and select "TV options". Them select re-install TV.

Your TV will re-boot within 5 to 15 seconds and hopefully this should restore all things to normal.

Please refer back to this place and let us know your feedback.

Their TVs are both suffering from hardware failure, not a software thing.

The screens were not made to last.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by sunshineV(f): 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
why would anyone buy infinix tv, na ment?

2 Likes

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by skywalker240(m): 6:58am On Aug 30, 2021
Tempo1644:

SunshineV grin

1 Share

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by skywalker240(m): 7:02am On Aug 30, 2021
VICTOR4U2C:
SunshineV

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by skywalker240(m): 7:06am On Aug 30, 2021
fayahsoul:
Skywalker hold ear warn people, Dem say Skywalker get parrot mouth.

Am sorry for your loss of almost 100 or above 100k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by skywalker240(m): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2021
shevon:

For where? Same old story.

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by Stevengold(m): 7:16am On Aug 30, 2021
jidxin:
enjoying my 32 inch LG smart TV with inbuilt satellite for 91k

How did u activate ur inbuilt satellite?
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by sunshineV(f): 7:48am On Aug 30, 2021
skywalker240:

SunshineV
bro why pesin go buy infinix tv? samsung, sony, lg etc no get tv again abi which kain mumu b dat?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by jidxin(m): 9:05am On Aug 30, 2021
Stevengold:

How did u activate ur inbuilt satellite?
i did not activate it, i just connected it to a dish, and i got my stations
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by Stevengold(m): 8:49am On Sep 03, 2021
jidxin:
i did not activate it, i just connected it to a dish, and i got my stations

OK thanks.
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by fayahsoul: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2021
ceaser:

Have you gone thru the steps in this link to troubleshoot it?

https://www.nairaland.com/6184691/opic-infinix-smart-tv-actually/2#104958535

The screen is blank with bar lines all over it, i could hardly see anything in the background. But i still managed to go through those steps and it didnt work. The screen is just poor quality.

Anyway, I have bought a 50 inch samsung tu8000 and sent the infinix crap to their service center for repair/exchange since is still under warranty. I intend to sell it when it is fixed/exchanged.

Samsung has always been my brand, i dont know how the sales guy talked me into buy that infinix sh*t.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by ceaser: 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2021
fayahsoul:

The screen is blank with bar lines all over it, i could hardly see anything in the background. But i still managed to go through those steps and it didnt work. The screen is just poor quality.

Anyway, I have bought a 50 inch samsung tu8000 and sent the infinix crap to their service center for repair/exchange since is still under warranty. I intend to sell it when it is fixed/exchanged.

Samsung has always been my brand, i dont know how the sales guy talked me into buy that infinix sh*t.

Sad that this brand messed up. Meanwhile mine is still working, so I guess I should have my mind primed so that I won't be so shocked when it eventually happens.

Speaking about Samsung, well I suppose these TVs, even the popular brands, made nowadays are not made to last. They are probably made with something called "programmed obsolescence" in mind. Why did I come to this conclusion? Well I used a 32 inch LG LCD for 12 years and gave it out about two years ago and the person is still enjoying it. Now for around 4 years of its use, it was exposed to all forms of abuse that NEPA and generator can met out to any electronics, before I fully changed to stable 100% solar power.

I got a 65" hisense smart LED about 2 and half years ago. I arrived from a trip 2 days ago and I could see two lines on the screen already, in the lower part. This is an appliance that had the best treatment possible when it comes to stable power supply. Never for one day has it been powered by public utility. And it was not even used for most part of the day cos I spend more time in the room where there's another TV.

It was out of warranty by 2 years but I have purposed that I'm not gonna do shyte about it. Even if it worsens, I won't spend a kobo on it for any repairs. This is something that was for 220k then, and now around 300k. So Hisense is trying to tell me that 220k was only for two years work? Nonsense.

Note that this problem isn't only Hisense. I have visited fora (both local and foreign fora) where people complained of their Samsung and LG TVs crapping out on them in less than 2 years. I mean what sort of nonsense is that? So assuming I bought a 1.2 mil 85 inch TV, that's the same way it's gonna crap out on me in 3 years.

2 Likes

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by EMMYLASHTINS(m): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2021
Infinix is scrap...jst 7months...am boiling ryt now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by ceaser: 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
A little help though.

Who has the remote of this infinix TV up for a token? Mine is broken in half (the stuff is quite flexible).

Thanks.
Re: OPIC: Is The Infinix Smart TV Actually Good To Buy? by jerrychidon: 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2021
The TV is not bad.... Very very good for the price and more. I've been using the TV since last year. Yes, sound isn't great but with home theater or sound bar, you'll get what you want.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samsung A10s Unboxing And Review - The Slow Budget Phone That Cost N44,000 / Our Once Most Expensive Phones, Now Pieces Of Scraps. How Time Flies / Our Househelp Got Swindled By Computer Village Boys Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.