Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,652 members, 7,851,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:29 PM

Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road (67411 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Thugs & Law Enforcement Officers Extorting Motorists. / Soldiers Beat 12 LASTMA Officers For Arresting Army Chief Over One-Way / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by darelar(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:
So far the endsars has been great, but in light of the dissolution and plan to reform

I just wish we could change our placards to things like
#EndPoliceCheckpoint or #EndPaymentOfBaill these things are some of the main cause of the rot in the police.

In the north you can go through 3states and not encounter a single police checkpoint, but here, you will stand at one checkpoint and see 5 more within a stone throw.
These are some of the reforms that we could point directly at and demand that they be totally dismantled as well

I laugh very hard. Police no want bokoharam wahala for North because they don't know when they can surface. So them no want take risk to block road.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Mamijoh(f): 11:07am On Oct 16, 2020
jeffmatt4u:
sweet. see d police ugly face
������
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by magicminister: 11:18am On Oct 16, 2020
Omo is this my country!!

I’m so proud!! Never been so proud to be a Nigerian!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by HAccord: 11:59am On Oct 16, 2020
Good one, this is the military that trained me as a Commando in Secondary school. The military that hates injustice and oppression of the weak.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by valarinz: 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2020
JimmyDarmody:
ahhhh sir calm down. You just lied about the north. I travel alot within kaduna and jos and there are more than 10 check points within the two states. It's a 4 hour journey.

If you embark on same 4hr down south you'll encounter a minimum of 50 police checkpoints(collection points)
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 16, 2020
caleboxylic:

What is legal about police mounting along the roads to collect 100 naira per bus? I encourage these drivers and I will fuel not less than 50 busses. The time is now.
Owerri - Aba is not out too. Just ply that route and witness this rot.

The drivers should report to lawmakers! Do You Mean those useless ones in NASS? Unbelievable!!! . That's funny anyway.
I'm sure you are one of those officers mounting roads and extorting money form these helpless drivers. These protest will pick this soon and you won't be spared. Be prepared.
#End police brutality and extortion.
# Enough is Enough.
so your so called protest will sack all police officers or reduce their salary, demote them or what? if you want to change the police policy, start by dealing with your so called Apc and Pdp.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by tillaman(m): 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2020
KayCee92:

LOL, this sounds so much like Uncle Rukus grin
yeah I could have used black monkey arse
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Jaykrown: 1:27pm On Oct 16, 2020
This one weak me oo.. shame to Nigeria Police Force.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by mbhs139(m): 1:54pm On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:
So far the endsars has been great, but in light of the dissolution and plan to reform

I just wish we could change our placards to things like
#EndPoliceCheckpoint or #EndPaymentOfBaill these things are some of the main cause of the rot in the police.

In the north you can go through 3states and not encounter a single police checkpoint, but here, you will stand at one checkpoint and see 5 more within a stone throw.
These are some of the reforms that we could point directly at and demand that they be totally dismantled as well

I totally buy your idea but with a slight change. You see, my friend, the checkpoint are necessary as a result of the bad things and bad guys on those roads. However, it is unfortunate that those charged with the security of the road users have now turned out to be the menace on the road.

What is the solution?

The solution, in my view, just like you said, is a total reform of the Police, and this includes a massive reform of their welfare package.

The point I'm making, slightly differently from yours, is that the check points and road blocks, in many instances in the South, are necessary, but the Police personnel have turned to something else other than the initial purpose of setting it up
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by MozB: 2:07pm On Oct 16, 2020
Lmao.. This is the most funny and exciting things i have seen today. They really deserve this.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by chatinent: 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2020
This is just the beginning for those uniformed and legalized robbers.

Soon the commonest of men will not become a prey anymore to their taunts.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Angrymode: 2:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
datola:
Police and other security outfits should be well funded and paid just like medical workers. Their work is equally critical if not more essential. And even for the fact that they carry dangerous weapons.

Imagine an officer who has spent a decade in the Force going home with paltry N50,000 a month.

We would have more moral grounds to deal with this ugly situation if they are well remunerated.

We can get the fund by cutting the salaries and allowances of politicians by 80%.

Even if the govt raise the salaries of policemen to 250k for the minimum rank, it won't stop them from bribery and extortion. Police is corrupt from top to bottom. Nigerian police should be entirely reformed with new personnels entirely.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by OGmoney19(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
finally this country will be the best in Africa I love my country ( cos I don't have options)
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Igwekaala(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2020
Case of kettle calling pot black, what about them that use small boys to extort motorist and tricyclist?

Abia and ABA precisely is the home of extortion by armed uniformed men, even unarmed ones like FRSCN.

It is that bad!
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by ibinaboonline: 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2020
But soldiers collect money at checkpoints too. Should the police beat them?
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by kiddkash(m): 11:13pm On Oct 16, 2020
WandaNara:
For the first time I'm so HAPPY being a Nigerian.

God bless the freedom fighters

God bless Eedris Abdulkareem & African China.

Like for Eedris AbdulK, Share for 2face the coward
don't forget burna boy
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by antibullshit: 12:42am On Oct 17, 2020
WandaNara:
For the first time I'm so HAPPY being a Nigerian.

God bless the freedom fighters

God bless Eedris Abdulkareem & African China.

Like for Eedris AbdulK, Share for 2face the coward
Its very unfair of you to call 2face a coward. What happened to him is that he made the mistake of trying to hold a rally which was seen as a threat.
Eedris has never organized a rally before and if he or any artist had tried that....especially before now they would have been shut down also. Theyre already harassing Davido......if 2Face had said he was having a freedom concert he would have succeeded but he made the mistake ok calling it a rally.
It can happen to anyone.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 19, 2020
GeneralPula:

Ode, nothing tribal about what I said..
I'm a southerner as well..
Dumbo
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 19, 2020
GeneralPula:

Ode, nothing tribal about what I said..
I'm a southerner as well..
Dumbo
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by okoroemeka(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2020
Dagger111:
I am a soldier and my question is, who will beat soldiers extorting money from motorist?
only God can beat them,no one else,but soldier own better small,they collect from tippers and trucks leaving okada and the poor masses alone to suffer in dignity.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Dagger111(m): 7:41am On Oct 19, 2020
okoroemeka:
only God can beat them,no one else,but soldier own better small,they collect from tippers and trucks leaving okada and the poor masses alone to suffer in dignity.

Lolz
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by EmekaBlue(m): 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2020
how many times posted. OLD NEWS

Move ahead

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison / A Jeep Drops A Bleeding Lady In Ikeja (Photos) / Maid Locked Up, Fed With Cockroaches & Faeces By Her Madam In Anambra (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.