Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Why Not France - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Not France (2052 Views)

I Never Knew Germany Is More Beautiful Than France / First Time Visiting Germany, France, Belgium, (schegen Area)? / Advice On France Student Admission And Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not France by okoIYAyin(m): 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2020
So i've been wondering why there is no active thread about studying or living in france despite it being a good european country and the cost of study there seems to be relatively low compared to the US, canada and the likes which is why am considering doing my masters over there or could it be there are things i don't know why it is so and that is why am creating this thread. I really love the country, so anyone living or studying in france or even intending to go study or live there, your input is really needed. Thanks in addy!
Re: Why Not France by okoIYAyin(m): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2020
Nobody?
Re: Why Not France by Xeeex: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2020
Search about what you want to know
Re: Why Not France by okoIYAyin(m): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2020
Xeeex:
Search about what you want to know
Well am literally searching on here! So if you have any info, SORO SOKE
Re: Why Not France by Xeeex: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2020
okoIYAyin:

Well am literally searching on here! So if you have any info, SORO SOKE

Keep searching

Good luck
Re: Why Not France by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 18, 2020
Re: Why Not France by Hadampson(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/3619924/living-france

https://www.nairaland.com/1106291/securing-visa-france-applying-nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/3149561/thread-france-prospective-students

Visit the above-mentioned links and if you want first hand information about living in France, ask Davide470, mrphysics and Nayah

Prost.
Re: Why Not France by okoIYAyin(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2020
Hadampson:
https://www.nairaland.com/3619924/living-france

https://www.nairaland.com/1106291/securing-visa-france-applying-nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/3149561/thread-france-prospective-students

Visit the above-mentioned links and if you want first hand information about living in France, ask Davide470, mrphysics and Nayah

Prost.

Big thanks man!
Re: Why Not France by mrphysics(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2020
okoIYAyin:
So i've been wondering why there is no active thread about studying or living in france despite it being a good european country and the cost of study there seems to be relatively low compared to the US, canada and the likes which is why am considering doing my masters over there or could it be there are things i don't know why it is so and that is why am creating this thread. I really love the country, so anyone living or studying in france or even intending to go study or live there, your input is really needed. Thanks in addy!

I can only tell you my version of France.

There are no much activities on threads about France because of what it is. The country has a way of keeping you doing one thing and not having time for other things.

Yes, France is one of the big european countries if not the second after Germany.
However, Language barriers is a big problem. French is difficult to learn.

The French people is not associative, they are very conservative. While they are extremely good, do not hope to get anything from them.

There's a great number of black people here, so expect racism at a low level.

The French education system is difficult (extremely), thus, working and studying is very difficult. Also, there are no much students jobs in France compared to Germany and to do one as a student, you must speak French, not just A2 level but B1.

France is good for studies, and you can also get a work upon graduation (somewhat difficult too). They are lots of opportunities for Ph.D in France. A paid Ph.D, so be sure to get one if you want to pursue it and you are good in your field too.

The French system is thorough, they still go through the first principles in teaching.

I won't recommend France if you want to work and study. I will surely recommend it if you are funded or you have the fund to sustain yourself. The learning system isn't flexible, and be sure to have classes from morning to evening. Attached, is my snapshot of my timetable (this is a timetable for a masters program, second year of masters to be precise).

There are the reasons many students don't go the French route, except you are funded.

It's a beautiful country to be in, good atmosphere, nice packages by the government, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Not France by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 19, 2020
mrphysics:

There are no much activities on threads about France because of what it is. The country has a way of keeping you doing one thing and not having time for other things.

Yes, France is one of the big european countries if not the second after Germany.

The French people is not associative, they are very conservative. While they are extremely good, do not hope to get anything from them.

The French education system is difficult (extremely), thus, working and studying is very difficult. Also, there are no much students jobs in France compared to Germany and to do one as a student, you must speak French, not just A2 level but B1.

France is good for studies, and you can also get a work upon graduation (somewhat difficult too). They are lots of opportunities for Ph.D in France. A paid Ph.D, so be sure to get one if you want to pursue it and you are good in your field too.

The French system is thorough, they still go through the first principles in teaching.

I won't recommend France if you want to work and study. I will surely recommend it if you are funded or you have the fund to sustain yourself. The learning system isn't flexible, and be sure to have classes from morning to evening. Attached, is my snapshot of my timetable (this is a timetable for a masters program, second year of masters to be precise).

There are the reasons many students don't go the French route, except you are funded.

It's a beautiful country to be in, good atmosphere, nice packages by the government, etc.
I don't even like that France one bit
If it's not US then it can never be US grin
Re: Why Not France by Brawlscartel(m): 5:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
ZIINI:

I don't even like that France one bit
If it's not US then it can never be US grin

U never ready to travel there are good europe country

3 Likes

Re: Why Not France by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
Brawlscartel:

I hear you

Khayomidee I don't have access to my nairaland email
Kindly mention me on a dead thread if there's anything you want to know
Re: Why Not France by Twizzy30(m): 12:59am On Oct 20, 2020
Brawlscartel:

bruh i dey always notice you on travel section. There are so many wonderful countries in Europe where you can start your migration journey. A guy on Nairaland once narrated how he migrated to Germany for masters, after finishing his masters, he found a job and worked for few years thereby enabling him save for his Canada and USA migration process. He applied for jobs in Canada and luckily for him, he got it and moved to CA. In few years time, he’s going to be a permanent resident and he said he plans to move to the USA too.
Re: Why Not France by Venquire: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2020
mrphysics:

Insightful
Re: Why Not France by Brawlscartel(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
Twizzy30:
bruh i dey always notice you on travel section. There are so many wonderful countries in Europe where you can start your migration journey. A guy on Nairaland once narrated how he migrated to Germany for masters, after finishing his masters, he found a job and worked for few years thereby enabling him save for his Canada and USA migration process. He applied for jobs in Canada and luckily for him, he got it and moved to CA. In few years time, he’s going to be a permanent resident and he said he plans to move to the USA too.

We shall get there bro but I nr dy aim big Europe country this life na sense.....

I will move through student visa
Re: Why Not France by Twizzy30(m): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
Brawlscartel:

We shall get there bro but I nr dy aim big Europe country this life na sense.....

I will move through student visa
i swear the goal is to leave this country to a sane one.

(1) (Reply)

USA VISA: You Can Renew Your Visa Without An Interview Extended To Dec 31 2021 / Places To Shop In Italy / Need A Good Hotel In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.