Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? (34524 Views)

ASUU-UNILAG Sanctions 240 Lectures For Enrolling On IPPIS (Full List) / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries / IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by sinkhole: 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2020
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, has challenged the Federal Government to tell Nigerians why it prefers to spend money on enrolling workers on the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System, IPPIS, when the union’s University Transparency and Accountability System, UTAS, can be used for the same purpose free of charge.

The National President of ASUU, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, threw the challenge on Sunday in a chat with Vanguard.

He wondered why the government would insist on wasting scarce public resources on an investment that would in the end fail to meet expectations.

“We are close to actualising UTAS’ integrity process. We wonder why the government is insisting on IPPIS that cannot meet expectations in terms of performance. Does it make sense for the government to waste money on IPPIS?

“For everyone listed on the IPPIS platform, they pay some money to those who brought the platform. But for UTAS, they don’t need to pay a dime. They should tell Nigerians why despite the economic challenges in the country, they are insisting on something that would take money from the national purse when some people have a better alternative that costs nothing. Definitely, something must be wrong somewhere,” he said.

On the claim by the government that most university lecturers have been enrolled in IPPIS, Ogunyemi said it was untrue.

“From our investigations, not up to one quarters of our members are on the platform. The few ones on the platform are of three categories. The first being those close to retirement or those retiring who felt being enrolled would help secure their entitlements.

“The second category is the newly-recruited staff who also felt they wanted to secure their jobs and those who were cajoled into enrolling. The government only listed names of our members on the platform without the biometric being done by the listed lecturers and when the biometric is not done, the listing amounts to nothing.

“If they are still boasting that they have our members on the IPPIS, what are they sending teams to universities to list members on the IPPIS,” he stated.

On last week’s meeting, ASUU had with the government delegation, Ogunyemi said nothing was really achieved because matters for discussion were just opened before the meeting ended.

He added that another meeting would take place during the week but could not confirm the date yet.

ASUU has been on strike since late March this year over issues such as the revitalisation of the university system, setting up of Visitation Panels to universities, implementation of an earlier agreement reached with the government among others before the IPPIS issue cropped up.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/ASUU-to-fg-why-do-you-want-to-spend-money-on-ippis-when-utas-is-free/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by moneyshop: 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2020
That's the only way to checkmate corner some.

26 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by sirxbit(m): 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2020
Na them sabi

11 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2020
Hmm.
One thing everyone will notice from this FG,ASUU standoff, whether you are pro FG or pro ASUU is that this FG in their characteristic manner has never been honest at any point.
They have kept up with the lying they are known for.
* Lying that most ASUU members are already on IPPIS.
* Lying that all lecturers are currently being paid whether on IPPIS or not.
* Lying that lecturers not on IPPIS will only stop receiving salaries as from November.
* Lying that every one received IPPIS warmly.
Plot twist : SSANU and NASU have both kicked against IPPIS.

You just can't help but wonder,if the FG is so convinced that they are up to a noble quest,why the relentless lying, dishonesty and shifting of goalpost.
The fact that the FG will not stop lying simply means that ASUU has been vindicated.

138 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Freestainworld(m): 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2020
government who likes to spend on everything

27 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Brandonx(m): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2020
I really don't understand this government.
How can someone be so callous undecided
Things are so expensive . Bag of rice during Jonathan's time was 8k, fuel was 97 , these useless people came with their silly promises and things got worst.
His first tenure there was no improvement, his second tenure became worst and they expect the people to clap for them.
The change they promised we didn't see or are they going to request a third term before they can bring the change they promised?

I'm standing with ASUU on this, their demands must be met.

#EndSWAT

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by oz4real83(m): 5:02am On Oct 19, 2020
How will these thieves fill their pockets if the system is free? Personal interest is always their motivation in everything they do.

40 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:19am On Oct 19, 2020
Brandonx:
I really don't understand this government.
How can someone be so callous undecided
Things are so expensive . Bag of rice during Jonathan's time was 8k, fuel was 97 , these useless people came with their silly promises and things got worst.
His first tenure there was no improvement, his second tenure became worst and they expect the people to clap for them.
The change they promised we didn't see or are they going to request a third term before they can bring the change they promised?

I'm standing with ASUU on this, their demands must be met.

#EndSWAT
Naija is a big joke

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Vyzz: 8:16am On Oct 19, 2020
cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by whytediamond(m): 9:41am On Oct 19, 2020
Zzz
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2020
undecided #EndSARSWAT #EndBadGovernanCe
#iStand wif ASsu

BeLow Prayer Walk in JOs city...yesterday!

10 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by chinyerefrank444(f): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2020
mttwww

I was happy that gotv will be free for some days since we could not subscribe for some months now, just watching NTA. You won't believe that PHCN refused to bring light throughout this period.

13 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by FaAbokiWithSuit(m): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2020
but every other worker is on ippis. IPPIS will help expose financial irregularities and also create employment for other people who are qualified to be lecturers--- but these oldies are working in 2 to 3 institutions at the same time

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by fiercehillz(m): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2020
Shame Shame Shame

...the way dem package this current administration give Nigerians prior to 2015 ehhn, you go come think say Nigeria go become Singapore within 3 years. They love borrowed money more than generated revenue. They prefer pampering bandits and terrorists to providing the basic educational needs of their citizens. They prefer enforcing extreme religious laws than ensuring equity and justice. They love religious and ethnic sentiments than competence. They prefer catering for less than 500 lawmakers than providing quality healthcare and welfare packages for their citizens. They prefer palliative measures than proper development.

My Children will never meet Nigeria like this...They must be born into a society where power, water, healthcare, food, housing, employment, security and the ability to stay alive are not what they can only watch on DSTV or Netflix. Amen

Shame Shame Shame

When Nairaland go take get hashtags sef

Well...
#saynotobadgovernance

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by tobechi74: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2020
Control
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Judolisco(m): 9:42am On Oct 19, 2020
The only thing I like about ASUU is that they are group of intellectuals unlike the NLC... The only people I pity are the students...

11 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Mathantics: 9:43am On Oct 19, 2020
We need restructuring.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by GeneralPula: 9:43am On Oct 19, 2020
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2020
I tire o
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by goshen26: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2020
ENDSARS launches online Radio
Soro Soke Radio is live...

https://s4.radio.co/s99d55c85b/listen

To a better Nigeria
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by sinkhole: 9:44am On Oct 19, 2020
FaAbokiWithSuit:
but every other worker is on ipps
because they had no option and their unions are very weak with short sighted leaders who only think of their own pockets!

5 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2020
Anything they want make them do grin
My own be say make I get money buy cloth before we resume
I no fit dey wear only one trouser go class

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Cvwriter1(m): 9:45am On Oct 19, 2020
I THOUGHT ASUU AND FG ARE CLOSE FRIENDS

3 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by tegafej(m): 9:45am On Oct 19, 2020
This strike go long...
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by MaxIdeas5(m): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2020
Corruption won't allow them to do the right thing. Useless people

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by sammysneh(m): 9:46am On Oct 19, 2020
it's well
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 19, 2020
Last last both of them na to chop them sabi, ASUU and fg useless motherfuckers.
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Dididrumz(m): 9:47am On Oct 19, 2020
We are watching
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Bravedayve: 9:47am On Oct 19, 2020
No wonder they are very aggressive in them joining ippis, looks like it's all for their own gain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Ahmad62(m): 9:47am On Oct 19, 2020
Re-open our schools please... 7 months habaa.. I don forget everything I read before lockdown

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 19, 2020
What do you expect if government no get economic sense?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15 Pictures That Will Make Sense To Every Nigerian Graduating This Year / Redeemer’s University Expels Actor Macaroni Over His Activities On Social Media / Daycare Centres, Primary Schools Remain Closed – Sani Aliyu, PTF Coordinator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.