Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums (74775 Views)

EndSARS Protesters Attacked By Hoodlums At Lekki Toll Gate, Their Cars Destroyed / Michael Ibru's Grave Broken Into By Hoodlums To Steal His Casket In Delta (Pics) / Corpers' Pants, Sanitary Pads Collected By Hoodlums In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Frankice: 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2020
2000 inmates reportedly released as hoodlums stage yet another jailbreak at Oko correctional facility in Edo state.

Nine persons were reportedly killed during this jailbreak.

This comes hours after hoodlums stormed the correctional facility located along the Sapele Road in Benin City where over 100 inmates were set free.

WATCH VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hwQY6-L1Po

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/10/2000-inmates-reportedly-released-as-hoodlums-stage-yet-another-jailbreak-in-edo-state-video.html#:~:text=2000%20inmates%20have%20reportedly%20been,reportedly%20killed%20during%20this%20jailbreak.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by writetopoker2: 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
Revolution Loading Nationwide

198 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by solochris(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2020
Country has scattered be that

169 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Frankice: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2020
solochris:
Country has scattered be that

aswear

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Neddstark: 5:33pm On Oct 19, 2020
Feminist Coalition who has been sponsoring the protests are a faceless group in abroad.
Stupid youths, suddenly believe they have power made it their job to block the roads and frustrate government, not knowing it is themselves they are frustrating.
Other states copied it, now they have used it to destroy law and order.
The two main prisons in a massive Edo state has been let out open. Expect cultism and crime in that state to triple and of course no police to restore law and order unless military comes in.
The protests have done nothing more than taking Nigeria backwards. Criminals, cultists and kidnappers are extremely happy that there is less police presence on the streets. Let the blockade protests end now.

329 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 19, 2020
Neddstark:
Feminist Coalition who has been sponsoring the protests are a faceless group in abroad.
Stupid youths, suddenly believe they have power made it their job to block the roads and frustrate government, not knowing it is themselves they are frustrating.
Other states copied it, now they have used it to destroy law and order.
The two main prisons in a massive Edo state has been let out open. Expect cultism and crime in that state to triple and of course no police to restore law and order unless military comes in.
The protests have done nothing more than taking Nigeria backwards. Criminals, cultists and kidnappers are extremely happy that there is less police presence on the streets. Let the blockade protests end now.

They will come and tell u now that it is sponsored by the government. Looks like the word sponsored is now tending.

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Neddstark: 5:42pm On Oct 19, 2020
greenhulk:

They will come and tell u now that it is sponsored by the government. Looks like the word sponsored is now tending.

Unfortunately, the government is well-protected by a formidable military. We the citizens are the ones to suffer when there is anarchy. But there will never realize. They don't even know what is good for them. Damnit , Africans have a big problem. We just don't think

174 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2020
Neddstark:

Unfortunately, the government is well-protected by a formidable military. We the citizens are the ones to suffer when there is anarchy. But there will never realize. They don't even know what is good for them. Damnit , Africans have a big problem. We just don't think

Africans generally, especially Nigerians behave like zombies. It's just in our DNA �. All it takes is just for 1 person to lead an action and the rest will follow without asking questions. In as much as I think the edo prison break is an insider job, we all saw protesters getting overjoyed that prisoners are escaping, some of the escapees are murderers, robbers, kidnappers oh. Not even thinking about the implications. Tomorrow those escapees will still join the protest and go to commit more crimes, probably try to to to a police station and free more criminals.

As much as the protest started as a peaceful protest, it only takes 1 or 2 people from the protesters to turn violent like attack a police post, the rest will follow. This is a country where if 1 person in a market shouts ole ole on anyone (even when he's not sure he's the thief), before u know it another person would give him a dirty slap and before he can try to explain himself a mob would already be on him beating him up without asking what he did. And before I can say jack he's already set ablaze. Now ask any of the attackers what he did they will tell u he's a thief. What did he steal? They will say they don't know. That's how daft many people in this country are. And this is why this protest can easily turn into violence because our mentality is just weak.

270 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Neddstark: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2020
greenhulk:

Africans generally, especially Nigerians behave like zombies. It's just in our DNA �. All it takes is just for 1 person to lead an action and the rest will follow without asking questions. In as much as I think the edo prison break is an insider job, we all saw protesters getting overjoyed that prisoners are escaping, some of the escapees are murderers, robbers, kidnappers oh. Not even thinking about the implications. Tomorrow those escapees will still join the protest and go to commit more crimes, probably try to to to a police station and free more criminals.

As much as the protest started as a peaceful protest, it only takes 1 or 2 people from the protesters to turn violent like attack a police post, the rest will follow. This is a country where if 1 person in a market shouts ole ole on anyone (even when he's not sure he's the thief), before u know it another person would give him a dirty slap and before he can try to explain himself a mob would already be on him beating him up without asking what he did. And before I can say jack he's already set ablaze. Now ask any of the attackers what he did they will tell u he's a thief. What did he steal? They will say they don't know. That's how daft many people in this country are. And this is why this protest can easily turn into violence because our mentality is just weak.

If you said the bolded in front of me before now, I will pick up a fight with you. But now, I cannot help but admit you are more than right. I told a friend who has been so passionate about the protests that my problem with this thing is that things can get out of hands. This is not a developed country where protests can be handled peacefully by sane minds. Things can descend into anarchy and when anarchy looms, those pushing you will go behind a shield and you without one faces the heat. It is really sad. People of Benin do not understand the implications of 2 major jailbreak. A state that is having a cultism epidemic. Crime is about to spinoff on a larger scale.
By the way, the info was that the prisoners were communicating with their contacts outside who used the protests and the unpopularity of the law enforcement to achieve their aim. Weapons from the police station burnt was used in the jailbreak.

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2020
Neddstark:

If you said the bolded in front of me before now, I will pick up a fight with you. But now, I cannot help but admit you are more than right. I told a friend who has been so passionate about the protests that my problem with this thing is that things can get out of hands. This is not a developed country where protests can be handled peacefully by sane minds. Things can descend into anarchy and when anarchy looms, those pushing you will go behind a shield and you without one faces the heat. It is really sad. People of Benin do not understand the implications of 2 major jailbreak. A state that is having a cultism epidemic. Crime is about to spinoff on a larger scale.
By the way, the info was that the prisoners were communicating with their contacts outside who used the protests and the unpopularity of the law enforcement to achieve their aim. Weapons from the police station burnt was used in the jailbreak.

I think its time to end the protest, that is when it will be easier to identify hoodlums disguised as protesters. People don't know what is looming, it might even get to a point where to buy common food would be very difficult by the time looting starts. Shey during lockdown pharmacies and market places were opened, if this turns into an anarchy pharmacies and markets won't open for the fear of being robbed.

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Frankice: 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
Pls you people should stop talking like you are senseless....

This jailbreak just like the caption to this post indicates that it was by hoodlums ooooh... Not #ENDSARS protesters....

Have sense na
Have Sense...

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by RaptObserver: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
Wow. At this point, the protesters must also change tactics. They should return to their online protest for now and shame the government.

20 Likes

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
By hoodlums

Na weytin I just mentioned on the other thread angry

I hope the protesters don't take the bullets meant for hoodlums undecided

greenhulk:

We're in season of blame game cool

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by CAPSLOCKED: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
INSTEAD OF JUST SCRAP SARS AND FIX THIS DECAYING COUNTRY, THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT WILL RATHER;

-RELEASE THOUSANDS OF CRIMINALS
-KILL PEACEFUL PROTESTERS
-SEND THUGS TO DESTROY PROPERTIES
-BURN CARS OF INNOCENT CITIZENS

I SWEAR WE MADE THE WORST MISTAKE OF OUR LIVES WHEN WE ELECTED THE HIGHEST OF FOOLS. undecided

146 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by EXLOVER(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
Something is really fishy.

Some will run to other West Africa countries,

Some will go back to stealing,

Some will repent, when hungry beat them, they will go back to their former lifestyle,

Some will go into ministry,

The worst of them all are the ones going to revenge.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
This is getting out of hand
Pls embrace Diplomacy, government is willing to negotiate, be open to negotiations pls cry cry for the safety of all

9 Likes

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Perfecttouchade: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by PureGoldh(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
Nigeria Jaga Jaga...Everything scatter scatter

Much respect to Sir Eedris

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Onyeedum(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
State of our country,,, so unfortunate.
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Emu4life(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
What's happening
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Rahkman: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
grin
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by cynthia9: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Nice

Funny enough. The comments above clearly indicates that most people still don't know that we have moved from peaceful protest to a revolution
Am in Benin city

And moreover So many people are in there for crimes they did not commit.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by protests: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
There are at 400,000 policemen in Nigeria
And suddenly it looks like there is nothing like police again
Just because we said #EndSARS?
Is every policeman SARS?
They want to manufacture anarchy
Sure, they can go ahead

From Abuja to Benin, Benin to Ilorin, Osogbo etc
See the evil people parading with evil weapons and fighting #EndSARS?
And someone will say all is well with Nigeria?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Mheen! Just speechless!!
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
The jail breakers are only following the foot path of Buhari

Afterall he released problematic people (Bokoharam) into the society undecided

I am not in support of criminality but Buhari is no role model and when a leader has lost all moral right

Such a leader should resign!!!

End SARS, End SWAT, End Buhari!!!

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by shed01(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by RenaissanceGuy: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lies. They're 1,997 not 2000. grin

BTW I won't be surprised if 70% of those prisoners are innocent and are still awaiting trial after years of arrest. Buhari must learn by fire by force.

21 Likes

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by uptimum123(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Edo people...See Una life outside

2 Likes

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by IamTallest: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Jail break without a single gun shot and resistance from d prison officials is dat one a jail break.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by Patriotic9ja(m): 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hmm. I fear for my maternal state. It started from Edo state and it's finally ending in Edo state. The continued protest lost direction and credibility long time ago when the protesters failed to capitalise on the initial successes achieved. Welcome to a new Edo state with crime impunity

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jailbreak In Oko, Edo: 2000 Prisoners Released By Hoodlums by DoctorDree(m): 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
My country una weldone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Behead Man In Anambra With Warning Note 'No Election' (Graphic) / Man Who Purposely Infected Several Women With HIV In Maryland / Underage Girls Forced Into Prostitution Rescued From Akwa Ibom Hotel (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.