Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,318 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. (574 Views)

I’m Pregnant With A Sickle Cell Baby - Help / Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves / 94-Year-Old Nigerian Woman, Alakija, A Sickle Cell Patient (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by Tobsam237(m): 6:21am On Oct 22, 2020
Straight to d matter. We have been talking for a while now. Stuffs led to another and gbam we both in love. I am considering taking it to the next level, proposing.

Obviously yall would say NAH and bash. So chill amd advise with a clear head.

D worse that would happen is we birth SS children. Or what else.?

Any advise, any experience, any bashing....
Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by yanabasee(m): 6:32am On Oct 22, 2020
It's more than what you know....

Go and ask men that made this mistakes... they'll tell you....

I won't advice you or bash you.... Enjoy your love!!

3 Likes

Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by angelEmade: 6:33am On Oct 22, 2020
I doubt you are even serious about it at all...u sound like this is all a joke. well, assuming ur for real then I will say...in five years time love will clear 4 ur eyes.
then onwards, you are responsible for whatever happens to you.
everyone is a master of their own destiny...
I just hope the child you will birth won't hate you forever.

4 Likes

Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by duduade: 6:38am On Oct 22, 2020
Only you interfaith..

Only you AC want to marry SS

Please go ahead and come back to give us feedback

And later you will say you are educated and enlightened
Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by backnbeta(f): 6:52am On Oct 22, 2020
Tobsam237:

D worse that would happen is we birth SS children. Or what else.?

Any advise, any experience, any bashing....
The bolded line alone shows you're a lying clout chaser because someone close to a SS warrior will not talk carelessly like this. You sound more like you came here just to mock the real warriors undecided

1 Like

Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by Mood11: 6:54am On Oct 22, 2020
Go ahead and marry..

Adoption would a healthy choice than having children of your own and if you insist on birthing children of your own don't hesitate to update this thread about how the crisis is going..
Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by catwalq(f): 7:26am On Oct 22, 2020
Nothing is stopping you, go after your dreams. Don't listen to any advise here.

But years down the line, rushing a kid to the hospital during a crisis for the umpteenth time probably in the dead of the night, you would wish you hadn't done it. When you see your kid in pain and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it but pour out an endless stream of useless 'sorrys', you would look back to this time when you still had a chance to choose wisely.

Don't let this dampen your joy sha, tomorrow will always take care of itself. Shebi you will cross the bridge when you get there? grin

2 Likes

Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by ReactGA: 7:51am On Oct 22, 2020
If you are serious, (cause u don't really sound serious)

Don't mind the guyz bashing u they don't remember that we're in the 21st century not the 20th century again.

You guyz can go ahead to marry.

About children, Although I don't know your stand about abortion, but their is something called CVS (Chorionic villus sampling). it allows you to check the genotype of the child while still a foetus. There are other test as well that is done along with it. Read up about testing the foetus genes. (Including pricing and hospitals that do it so as to know what you into).

Also adoption is another option.
Lastly if eventually as child comes, you can go for the stem cell or bone marrow transplant. But this is crazy expensive I mean like 10-15 million and its not done in Nigeria again. Well 15m should bear the flight cost a well.
Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by KelvinCoaster(m): 6:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
Tobsam237 what do you mean by 'AC Genotype'?
Explain what you mean then i'll give you some info.
Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by Tobsam237(m): 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
KelvinCoaster:
Tobsam237 what do you mean by 'AC Genotype'?

Explain what you mean then i'll give you some info.
I'm not a medical student or anything bt I know I'm AC genotype. AC genotype are hemoglobin genotype.

#Copied the below from somewhere

There are four hemoglobin genotypes (hemoglobin pairs/formations) in humans: AA, AS, SS and AC (uncommon). SS and AC are the abnormal genotypes or the sickle cells
Re: AC Genotype Madly In Love With A Sickle Cell Bae. by KelvinCoaster(m): 4:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
Tobsam237:

I'm not a medical student or anything bt I know I'm AC genotype. AC genotype are hemoglobin genotype.

#Copied the below from somewhere

There are four hemoglobin genotypes (hemoglobin pairs/formations) in humans: AA, AS, SS and AC (uncommon). SS and AC are the abnormal genotypes or the sickle cells
Good response!

AC genotype is mild,when an AC crosses an SS the Mendelian theory applies as follows:

In a four child family.
AS,AS,SC and SC:

Interpretation:
2 carriers(non sicklers),2 Hemoglobin C carriers.

Suggestion:
Follow your heart.

Goodluck to you!

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me ��� / Cow Dung As A Coronavirus Cure In India / Causes, Symptoms And Prevention Of Toilet Infections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.