Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God (929 Views)

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / 'Pope Didn't Fully Support Gay Civil Unions, Comments Were Taken Out Of Context' / Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Chiboyemerie: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2020
Pope Okays Same-Sex Civil Unions
Catholic leader, Pope Francis has endorsed same-sex civil unions despite the Catholic church’s teaching on homosexuality.

According to the Catholic News Agency, the religious leader delivered the historic remark in ///////////////////

Read more: https://www.taihozmedia.com/pope-okays-same-sex-civil-unions/

1 Like

Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by northvietnam(m): 8:10am On Oct 22, 2020
grin

Poplin
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Righteousness89(m): 8:23am On Oct 22, 2020
Hmm
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by alexsoftwork(m): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2020
Una mehn, he don dey happen....and Catholic is the biggest Christian denomination. B4 u know, Saudi will accept homosexuality and have gay imams, then it will spread across the world.
As for me and my household, the only marriage I know,is the Union between man and woman.

1 Like

Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Eviana(f): 2:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
Read your Word folks...i'm imploring you.
Prophecy being fulfilled right before our eyes...very, very serious times.
Either God the Father is a liar OR the pope.
It's one or the other: two spirits.
The Father of truth OR the father of lies.
Do not be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Bejusttoall: 11:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Eviana:
Either God the Father ir a liar OR the pope.
Do not be deceived.
Eviana:
Do not be deceived.
Eviana:
Do not be deceived.

God cannot lie biko
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Eviana(f): 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
Bejusttoall:
[b][/b]

God cannot lie biko

My point exactly...
Lol...(3) repetitive quotes though? wink
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Bejusttoall: 4:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
smiley
Eviana:

My point exactly... Lol...(3) repetitive quotes though wink
Good. More grace, Don't mind my phone joor smiley[quote author=Eviana post=95248480]

1 Like

Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
alexsoftwork:
Una mehn, he don dey happen....and Catholic is the biggest Christian denomination. B4 u know, Saudi will accept homosexuality and have gay imams, then it will spread across the world.
As for me and my household, the only marriage I know,is the Union between man and woman.
Obviously, if you are not a homosexual, you would not be impacted in any way by this.

And don't bother believing that God gave you command to inhibit or stand in the way of the world in anyway or form. Those who in fact belong to God are called to do God's Will, as He commanded them through Jesus Christ, not plant themselves as soldiers of some kind against sin in the world.

For those of you who are not aware, Jesus Christ said He came to save sinners, not condemn them for their sins. So if you have safely planted yourself as an anti-sin policeman, be sure to know that you are also anti-Christ in your belief.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by MuttleyLaff: 12:31am On Oct 24, 2020
Chiboyemerie:
Pope Okays Same-Sex Civil Unions
Catholic leader, Pope Francis has endorsed same-sex civil unions despite the Catholic church’s teaching on homosexuality.

According to the Catholic News Agency, the religious leader delivered the historic remark in

Read more: h t tps://www.taihozmedia.com/pope-okays-same-sex-civil-unions/

alexsoftwork:
As for me and my household, the only marriage I know, is the Union between man and woman.
Aren’t all male and female union (i.e. marriages) kind of like that of same sex attraction relationships/unions, hmm? As a person when you get married as man and woman, man and man, or even woman and woman, essentially what you are saying is, I’ll never sleep with another man or woman as long as I live. This simple virtue and integrity exudes the fruit of the Spirit, doesnt it, huh? Nobi so?

Eviana:
Read your Word folks...i'm imploring you
Start with yourself, 2 Timothy 2:15 walk the talk, practising what you preach

Eviana:
Do not be deceived.
What prophecy, in regards to Jorge Mario Bergoglio, the Bishop of Rome, endorses same-sex civil unions, and saying that two consenting adults, enjoying having a lifetime until death do part them, loving each other, faithful, kind, caring, committed monogamous homosexual relationship, with no evil or harm done to each other, children, neighbour and environment, but due to exuding the fruit of the Holy Spirit, are children of God is being fulfilled right before our eyes, huh?

Are you at any rate trying to say that same sex attraction couples aren't children/sons/daughters/men/women of God ni, hmm?
How does same sex attraction couples, a minority part matter case, who are less than 5% of a 7 billion world population be something you are threatened by, hmm?

I insist, for a change, that you take the Bible and Bible study seriously. I reiterate, read the Bible in context so that to obey 2 Timothy 2:15 and be in a position to always "rightly divide the word of truth."

Bejusttoall:
God cannot lie biko
You and Eviana should quit taking the name of God, the Father in vain, for dont be deceived, the LORD, God, the Father, will not leave him/her unpunished who takes His name in vain
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Bejusttoall: 1:49am On Oct 24, 2020
Thanks
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Bejusttoall: 1:52am On Oct 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You and Eviana should quit taking the name of God, the Father in vain, for dont be deceived, the LORD, God, the Father, will not leave him/her unpunished who takes His name in vain

Thanks, but please enlighten me on taking the name of God in vain
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by MuttleyLaff: 2:04am On Oct 24, 2020
Bejusttoall:
God cannot lie biko

Bejusttoall:
Thanks, ...
Dont mention it

Bejusttoall:
... but please enlighten me on taking the name of God in vain
How do you mean with "God cannot lie biko" sic, after serially quoting Eviana too, taking the name of God in vain, hmm?
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:01am On Oct 24, 2020
This is really serious!
If homosexuals are children of God, please what exactly was the crime of Sodom and Gomorrah o? 1Corinthians 6:9-10 embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Bejusttoall: 12:47pm On Oct 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Dont mention it

How do you mean with "God cannot lie biko" sic, after serially quoting Eviana too, taking the name of God in vain, hmm?

Alright, see this below

the above made me to say that God cannot lie, God shouldn't have been put in that equation.

I quoted Eviana because of that statement.

Hope you understand now.
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Eviana(f): 2:23am On Oct 25, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Start with yourself, 2 Timothy 2:15 walk the talk, practising what you preach

What prophecy, in regards to Jorge Mario Bergoglio, the Bishop of Rome, endorses same-sex civil unions, and saying that two consenting adults, enjoying having a lifetime until death do part them, loving each other, faithful, kind, caring, committed monogamous homosexual relationship, with no evil or harm done to each other, children, neighbour and environment, but due to exuding the fruit of the Holy Spirit, are children of God is being fulfilled right before our eyes, huh?

Are you at any rate trying to say that same sex attraction couples aren't children/sons/daughters/men/women of God ni, hmm?
How does same sex attraction couples, a minority part matter case, who are less than 5% of a 7 billion world population be something you are threatened by, hmm?

I insist, for a change, that you take the Bible and Bible study seriously. I reiterate, read the Bible in context so that to obey 2 Timothy 2:15 and be in a position to always "rightly divide the word of truth."

Wow.....lol.
Nice to be conversing with you again Mr. Muttley....long time....no see.
Do you know that I have adopted a scripture verse (one of many) that should govern how I am supposed to live my life?
It's the following verse:

Psalm 119:165 (KJV)[/i]
[i]165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them

Sooo in light of that verse, and with all due respect to you, I cannot be offended by your repeated reminder and lovely "singled-out recommendation to me alone" that I should once and for all do the following:

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)[/i]
[i]15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Honestly though, I am humbled and grateful that you took the time to respond to me on this thread.
I will take your reproof to heart and try to answer all of your questions to me.

The prophecy I am speaking of is in regards to the scripture passage that I have used often on Nairaland.

2 Timothy 3:1-7, 16 (KJV)[/i]
[i]
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

SPECIAL NOTE FROM ME E.VIANA: VERSE 2 IS NOT REFERRING TO HOMOSEXUALITY, BUT DEALING WITH PRIDE AND SELFISHNESS.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Are ALL human beings a creation of God? Absolutely...
Does God LOVE everyone? Absolutely....
Does God HATE sin? Absolutely...
Will God allow anyone with ANY unrepentant sin in his/her life to enter into the eternal Kingdom? Absolutely NOT
Will SIN ever come into existence again after His second Coming? NEVER AGAIN

So the question becomes this: What constitutes sin (which is the transgression of the law)?
Let's go to the scriptures and let me rightly divide it sir.

Proverbs 6:16-19 (KJV)[/i]
[i]16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Romans 1:27-32 (KJV)[/i]
[i]27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (KJV)[/i]
[i]9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God

WHO ARE THE CHILDREN OF GOD?

1 John 3:10 (KJV)[/i]
[i]10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Matthew 12:50 (KJV)[/i]
[i]50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 7:21-23[/i]

[i]21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

1 Peter 4:18-19 (KJV)[/i][i]
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Just a few, sir, of the numerous scriptural passages that help explain the Word of God as opposed to a man i(regardless of who he is) interpreting what "he" thinks should be the cultural norm.
Just so you know, sin is sin...no matter what it is...as I have shown throughout the above scripture references.
We have been given clear guidelines on what it is. No sin is greater or lesser than another.
No one should harass or physical, verbally, mentally or emotionally abuse someone because of the sinful lifestyle that he/she is in.
No one has the right to murder a person because of it either.
People have a right to choose how they want to openly live (although clearly in Nigeria that is not the case).
However, those that claim to be followers of Christ and who read the Holy Bible....are NOT to interpret scripture how they decide (or what feels right) because of a cultural climate that is promoting an agenda wink
No one gets to change the WORD OF GOD to fit his/her own desires/inclinations.
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by MuttleyLaff: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Eviana:
Wow.....lol.
Nice to be conversing with you again Mr. Muttley....long time....no see.
You have an infectious captivating charm, lmso. Ditto with you. Long time ... no hear/see, lmso

Eviana:
Do you know that I have adopted a scripture verse (one of many) that should govern how I am supposed to live my life?
It's the following verse:

Psalm 119:165 (KJV)
165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them

Sooo in light of that verse, and with all due respect to you, I cannot be offended by your repeated reminder and lovely "singled-out recommendation to me alone" that I should once and for all do the following:

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)]
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Honestly though, I am humbled and grateful hat you took the time to respond to me on this thread.
I will take your reproof to heart and try to answer all of your questions to me.

The prophecy I am speaking of is in regards to the scripture passage that I have used often on Nairaland.

2 Timothy 3:1-7, 16 (KJV)
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

SPECIAL NOTE FROM ME E.VIANA: VERSE 2 IS NOT REFERRING TO HOMOSEXUALITY, BUT DEALING WITH PRIDE AND SELFISHNESS.
Thumbs up to the "SPECIAL NOTE FROM ME E.VIANA: VERSE 2 IS NOT REFERRING TO HOMOSEXUALITY, BUT DEALING WITH PRIDE AND SELFISHNESS" sic comment. How can anyone possibly improve on that "flesh and blood did not reveal this you" comment. Wehdone Ma'am

Eviana:
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Are ALL human beings a creation of God? Absolutely...
Does God LOVE everyone? Absolutely....
Does God HATE sin? Absolutely...
Will God allow anyone with ANY unrepentant sin in his/her life to enter into the eternal Kingdom? Absolutely NOT
Will SIN ever come into existence again after His second Coming? NEVER AGAIN

So the question becomes this: What constitutes sin (which is the transgression of the law)?
Let's go to the scriptures and let me rightly divide it sir.

Proverbs 6:16-19 (KJV)
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
So far, so good and you seem to be on a roll, lmso

Eviana:
Romans 1:27-32 (KJV)
27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (KJV)
9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God

WHO ARE THE CHILDREN OF GOD?

1 John 3:10 (KJV)
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Matthew 12:50 (KJV)
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Matthew 7:21-23
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

1 Peter 4:18-19 (KJV)
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator

Just a few, sir, of the numerous scriptural passages that help explain the Word of God as opposed to a man i(regardless of who he is) interpreting what "he" thinks should be the cultural norm.
Just so you know, sin is sin...no matter what it is...as I have shown throughout the above scripture references.
We have been given clear guidelines on what it is. No sin is greater or lesser than another.
No one should harass or physical, verbally, mentally or emotionally abuse someone because of the sinful lifestyle that he/she is in.
No one has the right to murder a person because of it either.
People have a right to choose how they want to openly live (although clearly in Nigeria that is not the case).
However, those that claim to be followers of Christ and who read the Holy Bible....are NOT to interpret scripture how they decide (or what feels right) because of a cultural climate that is promoting an agenda wink
No one gets to change the WORD OF GOD to fit his/her own desires/inclinations.
I concur totally with you in all you've posted immediately above except for demurring on your unmistakable mentioning and slipping in of Romans 1:27-32 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

Are you 2 Timothy 2:15 absolutely sure you have done the due diligence contextual and etymological study of like for example, the words translated from Greek to the following English words: "effeminate," "idolaters," "fornicators" and "adulterers" in 1 Corinthians 6:9, that do not convey Apostle Paul's original import nor explicit meaning of the Greek original words, hmm?

Now, I am not trying to get heavy really on you, but would YOU be so kind to put out ONE verse in the Bible, take any out of Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9 and/or 1 Timothy 1:10 and even whatnot, where any hint of homosexualism/homosexuality, is not linked to temple cult idolatry, lustful promiscuous sexual intercourse, offered temple male and/or female sex prostitution services, taking part in idolatry ritual sex-fuelled orgies, meaning none of them verses have any link nor anything bad to say about two God believing, have accepted Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, consenting adults, enjoying having a lifetime until death do part them, loving each other, faithful, kind, caring, committed monogamous homosexual relationship, with no evil or harm done to each other, children, neighbour and environment, but exuding the fruit of the Holy Spirit, as is expected to from any other children of God to do.

Tbh with you, you'll be ruining the faith for others and giving every sons/daughters/men/women of God a bad name, if you insist on not stopping this charade of making the Bible mean now, what it did not mean back then and never not, in its original text.

Is it a crime for two to faithfully love each other, especially when there are three things that will last forever, namely—faith, hope, and loveand the greatest of these is love, hmm?
Re: Pope Endorses Same-sex Civil Unions, Says Homosexuals Are Children Of God by Eviana(f): 10:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You have an infectious captivating charm, lmso. Ditto with you. Long time ... no hear/see, lmso

Are you 2 Timothy 2:15 absolutely sure you have done the due diligence contextual and etymological study of like for example, the words translated from Greek to the following English words: "[b]effeminate," "idolaters," "fornicators" and "adulterers" in 1 Corinthians 6:9,[/b] that do not convey Apostle Paul's original import nor explicit meaning of the Greek original words, hmm?

Now, I am not trying to get heavy really on you, but would be so kind to put out ONE verse in the Bible, take any out of Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9 and/or 1 Timothy 1:10 and even whatnot, where any hint of homosexualism/homosexuality, is not linked to temple cult idolatry, lustful promiscuous sexual intercourse, offered temple male and/or female sex prostitution services, taking part in idolatry ritual sex-fuelled orgies, meaning none of them verses have any link nor anything bad to say about two God believing, have accepted Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour,. consenting adults, enjoying having a lifetime until death do part them, loving each other, faithful, kind, caring, committed monogamous homosexual relationship, with no evil or harm done to each other, children, neighbour and environment, but exuding the fruit of the Holy Spirit, as is expected to from any other children of God to do

Tbh with you, you'll be ruining the faith for others and giving every sons/daughters/men/women of God a bad name, if you insist on not stopping this charade of making the Bible mean now, what it did not mean back then and never not, in its original text.

Is it a crime for two to faithfully love each other,
especially when there are three things that will last forever, namely—faith, hope, and loveand the greatest of these is love, hmm?

Oh Mr. Muttley,
You have a gift "for" and "of" words.
I, again, humbly thank you for your compliment.
No, I have not finished studying to "show myself approved..." yet. Trying to do so daily though.
Those of us who enter the Kingdom will be studying all throughout eternity. SO I will have forever to continue learning.
But this here topic sir, I am quite convinced about what I have said and the meaning of all the underlined words.

Oh I love that you asked for a scripture.....let me give you a passage that would answer the last part of your question pertaining to .
consenting adults loving each other.

Genesis 2:20-24 (KJV)

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him[/b].

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24 Therefore shall [b]a man leave his father and his mother, [/b]and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh

Lol......."ruining the faith of others......" mercy with all due respect....
I know this isn't funny, but "wow" Mr. Muttley.
Now I'm responsible for making shipwreck other people's faith, because I quoted from God the Father's Word, His stance on sexual perversion---of ALL kinds? My Lord.....God forbid I do that.
In God's eyes, it is a sin. Sexual perversion of any kind is a sin....and same-sex relationships fall under that category.
God loves anyone struggling in that lifestyle and desires for you to come to Him, confess, repent and let Him make you over.
He can change you completely...your desires and give you peace.
He loves you so much that He wants to be reconciled with you in eternity.
However, if we allow sin to have dominion over us, and not turn from it, we will not be reconciled to the Lord.

Well folks, here you have it: two sides of the coin.
Either God is against sexual perversion as it states in His Word OR He is not...and condones ".....consenting adults, enjoying having a lifetime until death do part them, loving each other, faithful, kind, caring, committed monogamous homosexual relationship, with no evil or harm done to each other, children, neighbour and environment, but exuding the fruit of the Holy Spirit, as is expected to from any other children of God to do."
as stated by Mr. Muttley himself.

I've enjoyed this conversation with you....
Just so you know, I read between the lines a year or so ago....and in no way do I hate you or anyone else.
I am trying to follow the Word of the Lord....that's all.
But in your words one of us "is as confused as a chameleon in a bag of Skittles." smiley

Have a good evening sir.

(1) (Reply)

Gay American Man Remembers How Gay Fulani Man Tried To Convert Him To Islam / Working On Your Confidence / Nairaland Religion Section's A Spiritual Battlefield.Don't Do Battle On Your Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.