Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,741 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Beware Of This Guy! He is a scammer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of This Guy! He is a scammer (907 Views)

How Do I Track A Scammer Through His Phone Number / Help Needed To Get A Scammer / Don't deal With Sirlop (08068205701) , He Is A Scammer, Deceitful And An Ingrate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Guy! He is a scammer by Ysakaws1: 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2020
One of the things I’m very good at is detecting a scammer, and to a considerable degree, I’m sure KelvinBona has intent to scam. From our first conversation, I knew he most likely wants to scam, but I played along to get more proofs. I will be listing some of the things very suspicious about him, and when I’m done, you will also be convinced he is not reliable. This is so that others can be careful with him if they still decide to transact with him.

1. Firstly, KelvinBona said on Nairaland that he has a friend in Canada who sells PayPal funds, and he gave me the friend’s number. The first step I took to detect if this was genuine was chatting his ‘alleged friend’ up on WhatsApp and I said “Hello. Is this KelvinBona on Nairaland?” He was not smart enough, so he fell for that ploy, by agreeing that he was KelvinBona. Remember the number he gave me was supposed to be that of his friend in Canada. (Attached is a screenshot)

2. I told him I needed some dollars on PayPal and I suggested we use escrow, but he said he doesn’t use escrow anymore because he has been scammed a couple of times (One of $1200 and another of $1500). That was an obvious lie and I immediately came here to skim through all his posts on Nairaland, and not even once has he called anyone out for scamming him. I asked the moniker of who scammed him and baba claims he is not sure because it happened since March. I asked why he didn’t call the person out for that kind of huge scam, but no response till now. He shot himself in the leg by sending me a screenshot of someone who sent ‘an alleged escrow’ 370k naira but unfortunately got $300 PayPal. I’m not sure what he was trying to prove there. He also sent some other COMPLETELY USELESS screenshots that relate to forex withdrawals or so (I didn’t see any amount tho) to claim he has done some transactions in the past.

3. At this point, I knew he was suspicious, and decided to ask for his account number, so I can see his name. Then I later asked him to prove that he truly has a paypal account with money in it by screenshoting his balance on PayPal with his name on it. He replied me saying he can only screenshot his forex balance. Please what should I use that for? Am I buying from his forex?

4. The final proof that shows this guy SHOULD NEVER BE TRUSTED - he finally sent me a PayPal screenshot and guess what? The previous screenshots he sent me were made on an android phone with a low battery, but the PayPal screenshot was made on an iPhone with a charged battery. Unfortunately, not every scammer is smart. The PayPal also had a profile picture of a white lady (obviously not his PayPal account).

FINALLY, TO BACK UP MY CLAIMS, I HAVE ATTACHED SOME SCREENSHOTS. I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT THESE SCAMMERS ONLINE. SINCE HE DIDN’T SUCCESSFULLY SCAM ME, YOU MAY STILL DECIDE TO TRANSACT WITH HIM AT YOUR OWN PERIL, BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

He gave his bank account details as 2254349272 Zenith Bank Ifenna Bonaventure Onuorah (You all should be careful of that name and account number just in case he changes his moniker in future).

This is his phone number - 08100554386 and 09076396782

This is the number he claimed was his friend’s number - 08138798865

P.S - I have 100% confirmed he is a scammer. The owner of the screenshots he has been sending me has contacted me. KELVINBONA IS A SCAMMER!

Re: Beware Of This Guy! He is a scammer by RealLordZeus(m): 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2020
U try no be small
Re: Beware Of This Guy! He is a scammer by Helejyk: 8:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
Ysakaws1:
One of the things I’m very good at is detecting a scammer, and to a considerable degree, I’m sure KelvinBona has intent to scam. From our first conversation, I knew he most likely wants to scam, but I played along to get more proofs. I will be listing some of the things very suspicious about him, and when I’m done, you will also be convinced he is not reliable. This is so that others can be careful with him if they still decide to transact with him.

1. Firstly, KelvinBona said on Nairaland that he has a friend in Canada who sells PayPal funds, and he gave me the friend’s number. The first step I took to detect if this was genuine was chatting his ‘alleged friend’ up on WhatsApp and I said “Hello. Is this KelvinBona on Nairaland?” He was not smart enough, so he fell for that ploy, by agreeing that he was KelvinBona. Remember the number he gave me was supposed to be that of his friend in Canada. (Attached is a screenshot)

2. I told him I needed some dollars on PayPal and I suggested we use escrow, but he said he doesn’t use escrow anymore because he has been scammed a couple of times (One of $1200 and another of $1500). That was an obvious lie and I immediately came here to skim through all his posts on Nairaland, and not even once has he called anyone out for scamming him. I asked the moniker of who scammed him and baba claims he is not sure because it happened since March. I asked why he didn’t call the person out for that kind of huge scam, but no response till now. He shot himself in the leg by sending me a screenshot of someone who sent ‘an alleged escrow’ 370k naira but unfortunately got $300 PayPal. I’m not sure what he was trying to prove there. He also sent some other COMPLETELY USELESS screenshots that relate to forex withdrawals or so (I didn’t see any amount tho) to claim he has done some transactions in the past.

3. At this point, I knew he was suspicious, and decided to ask for his account number, so I can see his name. Then I later asked him to prove that he truly has a paypal account with money in it by screenshoting his balance on PayPal with his name on it. He replied me saying he can only screenshot his forex balance. Please what should I use that for? Am I buying from his forex?

4. The final proof that shows this guy SHOULD NEVER BE TRUSTED - he finally sent me a PayPal screenshot and guess what? The previous screenshots he sent me were made on an android phone with a low battery, but the PayPal screenshot was made on an iPhone with a charged battery. Unfortunately, not every scammer is smart. The PayPal also had a profile picture of a white lady (obviously not his PayPal account).

FINALLY, TO BACK UP MY CLAIMS, I HAVE ATTACHED SOME SCREENSHOTS. I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT THESE SCAMMERS ONLINE. SINCE HE DIDN’T SUCCESSFULLY SCAM ME, YOU MAY STILL DECIDE TO TRANSACT WITH HIM AT YOUR OWN PERIL, BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

He gave his bank account details as 2254349272 Zenith Bank Ifenna Bonaventure Onuorah (You all should be careful of that name and account number just in case he changes his moniker in future).

This is his phone number - 08100554386 and 09076396782

This is the number he claimed was his friend’s number - 08138798865
bro chat me on Whatsapp...I have something to tell you... That guy was using screenshots I sent him to scam people....I was the one that sent those pictures to him...I was trying to convince him let's use an escrow and the escrow will pay him.. He refused that was why I sent him picture.. Chat me on+2348162403465
Re: Beware Of This Guy! He is a scammer by Ysakaws1: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
RealLordZeus:
U try no be small
I like dey catch thief�
Re: Beware Of This Guy! He is a scammer by punisha: 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
undecided

Don't worry he will be shot next during the protest.

(1) (Reply)

Which App Or Easy Payment Method Can I Use To Send Money From Nigeria To UK / The USA Tokunbo Car Importation Guide / What Kind Of Business Can Someone Start With 200k That Will Boom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.