Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,587 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

How Are You Fairing? Signs of PTSD after Lekki - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Are You Fairing? Signs of PTSD after Lekki (305 Views)

Know How You Are Fairing Within. / Nairalanders, How Are You Fairing In This Heatwave? / 10 Early Warning Signs Of Diabetes You Should Not Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Are You Fairing? Signs of PTSD after Lekki by stevebond007(m): 11:52am On Oct 24, 2020
The revelations from the #EndSars protest have been overwhelming. Different stories from the Awkuzu SARS to almost all SARS unit in the country have been nothing short of horror.
The built up anger prompted me to join the protest much as any youth did ; online or offline. I joined my comrades thrice in various venues in my state with vigor and alacrity. The aftermath left me fatigued, but my oh my, I felt fulfilled.
Fast forward to the 20th of October, I was home, tweeting and retweeting, monitoring every feeds on the last stance of our heroes at LEKKI toll gate, to my horror, news filtered in on the ongoing shots fired by men in military fatigue. I went numb suddenly, a mix of anger and sadness with no clear way of expressing one of the emotions. My soliloquy went an up notch; although I kinda suppressed my emotions, I still discussed the events with my brother,friends and dad. On the 23rd of October I finally shed a few tears and immediately broke out a fever. I feel better now. During this physiological changes, my carnal mind kept telling me "dude you don't even know these victims", but I felt the pains, I guess we are all connected by our humanity.

Tell me, how are you fairing from the week's turn of events?
Any PTSD?

(1) (Reply)

Building A Custom Healthcare CRM System / Battle Eczema With The Following Useful Tips / Fauci Says U.S. May Not Need Astrazeneca COVID-19 Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.