Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,074 members, 7,835,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

- Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / (802 Views)

Shop Children’s Books For As Low As N400 / I Write Business E-Books / Why You Need To Publish Your E-books Through Writertain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Oblitz(m): 8:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
I'll send it to you free on WhatsApp.
You'll only have to post my video advert on your status for 24 hours only.
You may decide not to post it, no problem.

Re: by SaintUlot: 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2020
Oblitz:

Be careful with trusting this guy with money, he collected 125,000ngn from me through bank transfer on the pretext that he will buy materials he will use to complete the work I gave him. He posted me for 3 weeks and didn't deliver any material or show up to complete the job, i had to get another person to complete the job after waiting endlessly. I told him to refund and he started giving me stories. Please don't trust him with your hard-earned money, he doesn't have integrity.
Re: by dominique(f): 6:42am On Nov 20, 2020
Oblitz:

You have been accused repeatedly of fraud and you're not saying anything about it. Does it mean you're guilty? If you're not, explain why you could neither deliver nor refund Saintulot his money.
Re: by Oblitz(m): 8:47am On Nov 20, 2020
dominique:

You have been accused repeatedly of fraud and you're not saying anything about it. Does it mean you're guilty? If you're not, explain why you could neither deliver nor refund Saintulot his money.

if you know about stamped concrete, you should ask him. we had an agreement. to do stamped concrete for about 250 square metres. which later when i measured it was about 285 sq metres.
He beat the price down to 1k per square metre. I was just trying to help, because i charge 1,500 for labour alone if the client buys all the materials. why then would i accept 1k per square metres with materials?
we arrived site. he started asking for materials and where to buy them. He bought the materials, i never knew that the money he used in buying materials he got it from my payment for the job. Work started, then he informed me that the materials he bought is part of the deal we had. i.e. 1k per square metre.
work had already started i told him i didn't understand him. that 1k i agreed was for labour alone. he said he meant materials too. For God's sake 1k is not even okay for paying labour talkless of buying materials.
i told him that is not what i meant when we were discussing about the job. since we already started, we finished stamping the whole area. I substituted the costs with my own funds and we finished the stamping. what is left is the Sealing. i have told him i will not use my money to do the Sealing. the cost of sealer alone is more than 60 percent of the whole money he paid for the job. he already bought part of the materials from the 1k per square metre. Is stamped concrete now done for free? Ask him we finished stamping 285 square metres.

Please tell him not to soil my image here. I have worked for hundreds of clients, and no body has complained. This is not my first job.
Stamped concrete is now 5,500 per square metres and in some places with the high cost of materials now it is 6,500 or 7k per square metres.

i stamped his job of 285 square metres with 270k or so. @1k per square metre. He didn't mention that. He wants me to use my money and seal the whole place. just because he didn't understand my terms when we entered the agreement.

Please Dominique reach out to him. If need be lets meet and discuss this issue.
How can a client expect me to Provide Color hardener, Release Agent, Sealer, and Labour for 1k per square metre?
Check all my posts you would see how i charge.

Sealer alone is 80k now per 20 litres. His site needs three buckets i.e. 60 litres which is 240k. Calculate the amount he paid for the job at 1k per square metres. I am not mad to agree to do a job and buy materials when the cost of just one material supersedes the total amount to be paid for the job. I realised he misunderstood me late. We finished stamping with my own input. I thought as a reasonable fellow he would understand because i tried. Now he is going about soiling my reputation.
I always try to be nice to people at my own expense and it always turns out against me.

Please anybody that installs stamped concrete, or anybody that has stamped concrete installed in his house should comment on this post and tell me if i defrauded him.
Re: by brain54(m): 9:29am On Nov 20, 2020
Oblitz:

if you know about stamped concrete, you should ask him. we had an agreement. to do stamped concrete for about 250 square metres. which later when i measured it was about 285 sq metres.
He beat the price down to 1k per square metre. I was just trying to help, because i charge 1,500 for labour alone if the client buys all the materials. why then would i accept 1k per square metres with materials?
we arrived site. he started asking for materials and where to buy them. He bought the materials, i never knew that the money he used in buying materials he got it from my payment for the job. Work started, then he informed me that the materials he bought is part of the deal we had. i.e. 1k per square metre.
work had already started i told him i didn't understand him. that 1k i agreed was for labour alone. he said he meant materials too. For God's sake 1k is not even okay for paying labour talkless of buying materials.
i told him that is not what i meant when we were discussing about the job. since we already started, we finished stamping the whole area. I substituted the costs with my own funds and we finished the stamping. what is left is the Sealing. i have told him i will not use my money to do the Sealing. the cost of sealer alone is more than 60 percent of the whole money he paid for the job. he already bought part of the materials from the 1k per square metre. Is stamped concrete now done for free? Ask him we finished stamping 285 square metres.

Please tell him not to soil my image here. I have worked for hundreds of clients, and no body has complained. This is not my first job.
Stamped concrete is now 5,500 per square metres and in some places with the high cost of materials now it is 6,500 or 7k per square metres.

i stamped his job of 285 square metres with 270k or so. @1k per square metre. He didn't mention that. He wants me to use my money and seal the whole place. just because he didn't understand my terms when we entered the agreement.

How can a client expect me to Provide Color hardener, Release Agent, Sealer, and Labour for 1k per square metre?

Sealer alone is 80k now per 20 litres. His site needs three buckets i.e. 60 litres which is 240k. Calculate the amount he paid for the job at 1k per square metres. I am not mad to agree to do a job and buy materials when the cost of just one material supersedes the total amount to be paid for the job. I realised he misunderstood me late. We finished stamping with my own input. I thought as a reasonable fellow he would understand because i tried. Now he is going about soiling my reputation.
I always try to be nice to people at my own expense and it always turns out against me.

Please anybody that installs stamped concrete, or anybody that has stamped concrete installed in his house should comment on this post and tell me if i defrauded him.
don't mind him some clients are like that...you have done your part...but next time make sure your client understands your terms clearly... could even be in writing... in case of legal issues.

1 Like

Re: by dreaizy(m): 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
dominique:

Good afternoon, can you help in my issues with a scammer. I posted his details and he responded by also tagging me a scammer. I am trying to get his posts taken down, if you can help?
I have proof. Thank you
Re: by SaintUlot: 8:10am On Nov 21, 2020
Oblitz:

Bring evidence of our discussion where you told me all this make up stories during the stamping. You came up with all this stories when i asked you to come and do the polish, you already collected money for the material which you didn't supply and you didn't show up for the job. You only told me that by your assessment the size of the job is more 240sqm and i didn't argue with you, i said when you come for polishing, you and I will remeasure it and i will settle you for the difference if your claim is true

Cc @dominique
Re: by SaintUlot: 8:11am On Nov 21, 2020
brain54:

don't mind him some clients are like that...you have done your part...but next time make sure your client understands your terms clearly... could even be in writing... in case of legal issues.

Were you there when we reach an agreement? You just believe his story, hook line and sinker
Re: by SaintUlot: 8:18am On Nov 21, 2020
Oblitz:

You collected money for materials and you did not deliver the materials.

I was the one who even told you earlier that you should hold on with the polishing, you didn't come up with this stories then, so now you have stories to tell

Re: by SaintUlot: 8:58am On Nov 21, 2020
When i was ready, he started posting me

Re: by SaintUlot: 9:37am On Nov 21, 2020
Oblitz:

For over two months, you didn't come up with all this stories, why come up with stories now? Nobody forced you to take the job. You collected money for materials, you didn't supply it. You already had an evil plan not to supply the materials and bolt away with the money. I need my refund as soon as possible.

I even told you out of consideration that take 40% of the material money you collected and send the remaining 60%, but you ain't ready to make any refund

Cc dominique

Re: by dominique(f): 12:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
SaintUlot:

For over two months, you didn't come up with all this stories, why come up with stories now? Nobody forced you to take the job. You collected money for materials, you didn't supply it. You already had an evil plan not to supply the materials and bolt away with the money. I need my refund as soon as possible.

I even told you out of consideration that take 40% of the material money you collected and send the remaining 60%, but you ain't ready to make any refund

Cc dominiq.ue

It seems more like a breech in communication than actual fraud. I don't know much about building or construction but N125k seems pretty low for that kind of work (both labour+ materials) . I hope both of you reach a resolve
Re: by brain54(m): 6:36pm On Nov 21, 2020
SaintUlot:

Were you there when we reach an agreement? You just believe his story, hook line and sinker
its clear they is a gap in communication between both of you....on your part be sincere enough to answer the question of whether the amount paid so far is sufficient to complete the job....for both labour and materials.
at times is just a matter of understanding...dont always be rigid.
Re: by SaintUlot: 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2020
dominique:

It seems more like a breech in communication than actual fraud. I don't know much about building or construction but N125k seems pretty low for that kind of work (both labour+ materials) . I hope both of you reach a resolve

The project was an ongoing one, then he asked me to transfer a total of 125k to him to purchase material which i did, though i actually asked him to hold on with the delivery of the material and completion of the project after i sent him the money. When i was ready, i asked him to deliver what he collected money for and come and complete the project, then he started posting me, giving me different stories and wasted my time for three weeks, i had to contract someone else to complete the job and i asked him to refund the money he collected for materials which he never supply, till now he hasn't refunded.
Re: by SaintUlot: 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
brain54:

its clear they is a gap in communication between both of you....on your part be sincere enough to answer the question of whether the amount paid so far is sufficient to complete the job....for both labour and materials.
at times is just a matter of understanding...dont always be rigid.

I told him the size of job i want to do, he gave me price. When he started the job, he said with the way he is looking @ the job, it is more than the measurement i quoted, i told him that was the measurement given to me by the person i told to do the measurement for me, but for transparency sake, he and I will take the measurement again and if there is any difference in measurement i ll pay for the difference. He wasn't around, so we couldn't retake the measurement, he left people there to be working and we agreed that anytime he comes back, we ll both take the measurement

He asked me to send money for the materials he wants to use for the last stage of the job, which i sent, he even told me he ll be coming the following week to complete the job, i was the one who told him to hold on that when i am ready i ll let him know.

When i was ready, it was over two months since he collected the money for materials from me, then he started bringing up different stories, claiming he was on one job or the other, he said when he was ready, i wasn't ready. After over three weeks that he had kept me waiting, he said he ll finally come, from the day preceeding the day he said he ll come, he stopped picking calls and stopped replying chats.

All this stories he is talking about here are all after-thoughts. If he underpriced the project, why didn't he tell me before or during the work why wait till after 3 months before bringing the issue of underpricing.
Re: by brain54(m): 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2020
SaintUlot:

I told him the size of job i want to do, he gave me price. When he started the job, he said with the way he is looking @ the job, it is more than the measurement i quoted, i told him that was the measurement given to me by the person i told to do the measurement for me, but for transparency sake, he and I will take the measurement again and if there is any difference in measurement i ll pay for the difference. He wasn't around, so we couldn't retake the measurement, he left people there to be working and we agreed that anytime he comes back, we ll both take the measurement

He asked me to send money for the materials he wants to use for the last stage of the job, which i sent, he even told me he ll be coming the following week to complete the job, i was the one who told him to hold on that when i am ready i ll let him know.

When i was ready, it was over two months since he collected the money for materials from me, then he started bringing up different stories, claiming he was on one job or the other, he said when he was ready, i wasn't ready. After over three weeks that he had kept me waiting, he said he ll finally come, from the day preceeding the day he said he ll come, he stopped picking calls and stopped replying chats.

All this stories he is talking about here are all after-thoughts. If he underpriced the project, why didn't he tell me before or during the work why wait till after 3 months before bringing the issue of underpricing.
well...i am not holding brief for him or anybody else...neither am i sticking my neck out on his behalf...i wasn't there when yöu both agreed terms. i handle contract jobs myself and i can say confidently the issues he has is under pricing...i dont think he was out to dupe you...but he could have handled the situation better....both of you can re negotiate on either him finishing your job or offer a re fund...like i said i am not speaking on his behalf and he has to come here to explain himself on what actually went wrong....oblitz your attention is needed pls.
Re: by Oblitz(m): 11:23pm On Nov 22, 2020
brain54:

well...i am not holding brief for him or anybody else...neither am i sticking my neck out on his behalf...i wasn't there when yöu both agreed terms. i handle contract jobs myself and i can say confidently the issues he has is under pricing...i dont think he was out to dupe you...but he could have handled the situation better....both of you can re negotiate on either him finishing your job or offer a re fund...like i said i am not speaking on his behalf and he has to come here to explain himself on what actually went wrong....oblitz your attention is needed pls.

finished stamping 285sq metres. what remained was Sealer. I agreed 1k per square meter for labor alone. he bought materials. then told me it's from the 1k per square metre. I told him I meant labor alone. maybe he didn't understand me. I thought when it gets to stealing he'd understand that I did even the stamping almost for free. didn't received full payment for the 1k per square meter because amount he paid me is not 285k.

after deducting color hardener, release, range, etc from the 260 or so he paid, what remains for labour is less than 500per square metre for stamping.
he keeps saying I collected money for sealer. i have even forgot i mentioned that, maybe i should have said labour.

(1) (Reply)

Great Writers Quest,a Unique Competition / How To Submit To Lagos Literary And Arts Journal / Financial Article Writers Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.