Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,943 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja (25048 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Nigerian Man Arrested In Uk For Preaching In An Open Place / Folorunsho Alakija Preaches The Gospel On Streets Of Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Dearlord(m): 9:43am On Oct 25, 2020
SilverNorGold:

While I strongly condemn police brutality, preaching in such a manner on the street is all wrong. Causing noise pollution, constituting a public nuisance on the street in the guise of "preaching" is absolutely wrong and should be condemned by all..

I know I will be attacked by those who have vowed to always oppose me and my opinion, but it won't stop me from speaking the bitter truth.

Pastor is right here. Police brutality and other vices didn't start with President Mohammadu Buhari. But the clowns wanted Buhari to resign. It's well.

May God bless Nigeria.
Happy Sunday to all..

My friend you are wrong, even Mosque do disturb us every hour with their pedophile voices , they are littered in every street here in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by sigiyaya(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
The Day I Faced Police brutality For Preaching The Gospel Of Christ on The Streets Of Abuja

This actually took place in the outskirts of the FCT, Karu-site to be precise. It was after I had just began preaching the Gospel of the kingdom of God with my megaphone on the streets, sometime in 2003, as I had often done since the beginning of that year.

All of a sudden, I saw a man get up from a bench he was seating on close by, come close to me and ordered someone else, a guy to take me, but they were both on mufti.

While I was yet wondering what was going on, someone else, another guy, came and said he was going to follow me to wherever they were taking me, to see what they up to and probably to stand as a witness, because he didn't see anything wrong in what I was doing. In fact he was already attentive waiting to hear what I had to say before the interruption.

Although I was moved by the gesture, it appeared to offend the men as they now, I think, handcuffed the both of us with one handcuff, and dragged us to the Karu-site Police Station which was just close by which confirmed that they were actually policemen.

But when we arrived at the Station, instead of taking us to its reception so we could be properly interrogated, they took us somewhere hidden, at the back the back of the Station, probably a room where they torture some of those they arrest, to show that the arrest was ulterior motivated and unwarranted.

Then once we had entered into the room, and the man who brought us there had leveled some accusations, which I can't remember, against me before the policemen inside the room, and the supposed offense of the other guy which was his decision to follow me, they began to brutalize us.

It wasn't that seriously though, but we had received a few slaps and blows to our body and our heads were hit together.

I can remember after one of them slapped me, i turned the other cheek for him, but he rejected the offer and still slapped me on the same cheek.

One of the policemen, probably their boss there appeared not to find any fault in what we had done that warranted our arrest, so was casually telling them to release us.

After they had stopped hitting us, one of them, the same who rejected my offer of the other cheek, compared us to Paul and Silas. He jokingly said something about both of us praying like Paul and Silas, and imagining what it would be like if the same thing which happened to the prison they were happened to the Police Station.

Not long after that they released us, so our brief stay there seemed to end on a lighter note since it was clear that we hadn't committed any offence that warranted our arrest. However by then, the guy who arrested us had already left, but before he left he had given me a stern warning me not to see me doing what I did again, which was to preach the Gospel of Christ on the streets of Abuja, otherwise I would see what he'd do to me.

To be honest, I was quite shaken a bit by his threat since it was the first time I got arrested and persecuted for such, but that wasn't enough to deter me as I continued preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom on the same streets probably that same day, and continued doing that for a while.

Although it was an experience which I took in my stride as part of what comes with the life i'd begun to live for the sake of the Gospel of Christ, because Jesus had already warned us that we would face such brutality for His Gospel and namesake, that doesn't justify what the policemen had done or absolve them of their wrongdoing.

And this took place as far back as 2003 during the tenure of Obasanjo to show that police brutality didn't begin today or with this government as some think, but has been here for a long time. It's only gotten worse over time.

Hence the #endpolicebrutality protest is a very welcome development, and perhaps long overdue, because the essence of the Police Force is not brutality but the security of lives and properties.

God bless Nigeria.
In as much as i am totally against police brutality but i would have done more to you if i catch you in my neighborhood early in the money disturbing, constituting noise pollution with a mega phone when people are having rest and sleep. In as much that the Nigerian constitution grantee freedom of worship it does not grantee public nuisance and noise pollution especially in residential areas. The white man who gave you that religion dont do the same in their country.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 25, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Most of them weren't. Maybe just one of them was a Muslim.
thanks for the honesty....the society needs people like u...

1 Like

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2020
SilverNorGold:

While I strongly condemn police brutality, preaching in such a manner on the street is all wrong. Causing noise pollution, constituting a public nuisance on the street in the guise of "preaching" is absolutely wrong and should be condemned by all..

I know I will be attacked by those who have vowed to always oppose me and my opinion, but it won't stop me from speaking the bitter truth.

Pastor is right here. Police brutality and other vices didn't start with President Mohammadu Buhari. But the clowns wanted Buhari to resign. It's well.

May God bless Nigeria.
Happy Sunday to all..
ok
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:48am On Oct 25, 2020
That's good. I hope more police brutalize more people who constitute a public nuisance in the name of evangelism. Nigerian Christians think it is some kind of right to disturb the peace of people anytime, anywhere they want: streets, markets, buses, university classes....anywhere. There is even a Lord's Chosen buffoon I almost fought with months ago who would come right infront of my house gate at dawn to blare rubbish from his speakers to the whole street. Interestingly, I have never seen him since that altercation. You clowns have to learn that there is a time and place for everything and people deserve the right to be insulated from your preaching if they don't care to hear it. Imagine if Muslims made it a habit to proselytize in this manner. What do you think your world would be like?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by shevy878: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Oga! Stay in your church or get a church & preach your gospel and no police will border you

1 Like

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by manuroq(m): 9:51am On Oct 25, 2020
A really painful experience for anyone. Hope it never changed the way you saw people of other religion?
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by ultiliberty(m): 9:51am On Oct 25, 2020
Can you imagine
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by feejay70: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2020
Muslims are the problem to this nation.. You see fulani herdmen, if they were christians, am sure they will not kill anyone. Dear muslims, we dont want to take revenge

1 Like

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by mrkings84(m): 9:53am On Oct 25, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
The Day I Faced Police brutality For Preaching The Gospel Of Christ on The Streets Of Abuja

This actually took place in the outskirts of the FCT, Karu-site to be precise. It was after I had just began preaching the Gospel of the kingdom of God with my megaphone on the streets, sometime in 2003, as I had often done since the beginning of that year.

All of a sudden, I saw a man get up from a bench he was seating on close by, come close to me and ordered someone else, a guy to take me, but they were both on mufti.

While I was yet wondering what was going on, someone else, another guy, came and said he was going to follow me to wherever they were taking me, to see what they up to and probably to stand as a witness, because he didn't see anything wrong in what I was doing. In fact he was already attentive waiting to hear what I had to say before the interruption.

Although I was moved by the gesture, it appeared to offend the men as they now, I think, handcuffed the both of us with one handcuff, and dragged us to the Karu-site Police Station which was just close by which confirmed that they were actually policemen.

But when we arrived at the Station, instead of taking us to its reception so we could be properly interrogated, they took us somewhere hidden, at the back the back of the Station, probably a room where they torture some of those they arrest, to show that the arrest was ulterior motivated and unwarranted.

Then once we had entered into the room, and the man who brought us there had leveled some accusations, which I can't remember, against me before the policemen inside the room, and the supposed offense of the other guy which was his decision to follow me, they began to brutalize us.

It wasn't that seriously though, but we had received a few slaps and blows to our body and our heads were hit together.

I can remember after one of them slapped me, i turned the other cheek for him, but he rejected the offer and still slapped me on the same cheek.

One of the policemen, probably their boss there appeared not to find any fault in what we had done that warranted our arrest, so was casually telling them to release us.

After they had stopped hitting us, one of them, the same who rejected my offer of the other cheek, compared us to Paul and Silas. He jokingly said something about both of us praying like Paul and Silas, and imagining what it would be like if the same thing which happened to the prison they were happened to the Police Station.

Not long after that they released us, so our brief stay there seemed to end on a lighter note since it was clear that we hadn't committed any offence that warranted our arrest. However by then, the guy who arrested us had already left, but before he left he had given me a stern warning me not to see me doing what I did again, which was to preach the Gospel of Christ on the streets of Abuja, otherwise I would see what he'd do to me.

To be honest, I was quite shaken a bit by his threat since it was the first time I got arrested and persecuted for such, but that wasn't enough to deter me as I continued preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom on the same streets probably that same day, and continued doing that for a while.

Although it was an experience which I took in my stride as part of what comes with the life i'd begun to live for the sake of the Gospel of Christ, because Jesus had already warned us that we would face such brutality for His Gospel and namesake, that doesn't justify what the policemen had done or absolve them of their wrongdoing.

And this took place as far back as 2003 during the tenure of Obasanjo to show that police brutality didn't begin today or with this government as some think, but has been here for a long time. It's only gotten worse over time.

Hence the #endpolicebrutality protest is a very welcome development, and perhaps long overdue, because the essence of the Police Force is not brutality but the security of lives and properties.

God bless Nigeria.

Luckily Nigeria is one of the safest place to serve God without being embarrassed. This assertion doesn't mean that there are no little persecutions just like this op narrated.

There are places that u get beheaded, amputated or even burnt alive just because u declare for the Lord Jesus.

God bless and increase ur faith @OP.
Am strongly believing God that one day I will receive enough grace to start my own personal evangelism. I jealous you!!

Jesus is the only way to Salvation.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:56am On Oct 25, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
what of Muslims that use megaphone every morning around 4am especially daily nko, this one is cool abi?

It's dishonest to compare Muslims to Christians. Christians are a far bigger public nuisance than Muslims. Christians account for like 99% of the noise pollution from religious groups in this country. As an atheist, Muslims do not infringe on my personal space with unsolicited evangelism. Christians do it every bleeping day with no consideration at all for others.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2020
Obi1kenobi:

It's dishonest to compare Muslims to Christians. Christians are a far bigger public nuisance than Muslims. Christians account for like 99% of the noise pollution from religious groups in this country. As an atheist, Muslims do not infringe on my personal space with unsolicited evangelism. Christians do it every bleeping day with no consideration at all for others.
okay u are right u win,
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
what of Muslims that use megaphone every morning around 4am especially daily nko, this one is cool abi?

My sister, if they go about constituting a public nuisance or if their activities constitute it, it's still wrong. Whoever does it is wrong. But the topic is about a pastor, not an imam. You just want to implicate me by any means, which is wrong.

May God bless us all.
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by FILEBE(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2020
SilverNorGold:

May God bless Nigeria.
Happy Sunday to all..

CHAI!!!! Bros make una dey calm down with the fear of God na. Pls for the love of God. Is it the protesters you call clowns? So you believe the thousands of people at the Lekki toll gate and non ever voted Buhari?
Nobody cared if he resigned or not. They were speaking up against everything. Even PHCN but police brutality was top on the list. Segalink being one of the pioneers of taking up these cases... was he trying to make Buhari resign?
We asked that Nigeria be fixed. Who don't care who is in power. Do the right thing. The 5 point agenda , did you see where we asked for his resignation?

Please bro. I beg of you. Do not allow sentiments to cloud your sense of reasoning. You are better than this frankly. Stand for the truth irrespective of who you are please
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 25, 2020
Dearlord:

My friend you are wrong, even Mosque do disturb us every hour with their pedophile voices , they are littered in every street here in Lagos

My brother, if they go about constituting a public nuisance or if their activities constitute it, it's still wrong. Whoever does it is wrong. But the topic is about a pastor, not an imam. You just want to implicate me by any means, which is wrong.

May God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 25, 2020
FILEBE:

CHAI!!!! Bros make una dey calm down with the fear of God na. Pls for the love of God. Is it the protesters you call clowns? So you believe the thousands of people at the Lekki toll gate and non ever voted Buhari?
Nobody cared if he resigned or not. They were speaking up against everything. Even PHCN but police brutality was top on the list. Segalink being one of the pioneers of taking up these cases... was he trying to make Buhari resign?
We asked that Nigeria be fixed. Who don't care who is in power. Do the right thing. The 5 point agenda , did you see where we asked for his resignation?

Please bro. I beg of you. Do not allow sentiments to cloud your sense of reasoning. You are better than this frankly. Stand for the truth irrespective of who you are please

My beloved brother, please try to reread my post, but this time, with an open mind. If you aren't aware some used the opportunity to demand Buhari's resignation, you should google. These are the people I referred to as clowns, and not the genuine protesters. In fact, I used "clowns" instead of "protesters" to differentiate between them.

Make una stop dey misconstrue me intentionally, biko.

May God bless us all.
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Psych412(f): 10:06am On Oct 25, 2020
Righteousness89:
If you Preach the Gospel and you have not been Insulted, trampled on, etc then you have started preaching..
but sir

preaching in place, full of islamic people, is not dangerous for a christian
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Kdon2: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2020
Obi1kenobi:

Fat lies! Christians don't constitute nuisanse, they don't behead in the name of God, they are far more tolerant, and they preach love first not spread hate as muslin religion command
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by sureboykris(m): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2020
You preachers can be nauseating waking people up very early in the morning and constituting nuisance.
No one is against the propagation of the gospel, but a situation where you carry a loud speaker and stand by people's houses and disturb them is unacceptable.
If you must preach, preach in broad daylight. No need hiding

1 Like

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by litaninja(m): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2020
If it is not that your sense is under your shoes....you would go about in a civilized society with a megaphone making noise & disturbing the peace in the name of "preaching the gospel"
The countries you are trying to get PR to live in, you think say dem born your father well to try that nonsense?
oponu.

jesusjnr2020:

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by FILEBE(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My beloved brother, please try to reread my post, but this time, with an open mind. If you aren't aware some used the opportunity to demand Buhari's resignation, you should google. These are the people I referred to as clowns, and not the genuine protesters. In fact, I used "clowns" instead of "protesters" to differentiate between them.

Make una stop dey misconstrue me intentionally, biko.

May God bless us all.

I don't think the "clown" statement is necessary at this point brother. I won't deny not seeing the "Buhari Resign" posters being held. But that's like just a few compared to what the protest is for. You should know that the protest was free for all. Everybody used that to say something paining him or her.

During Jonathan's time. Same will happen. Even if we ever have the best president. Same will happen. Some people will ask for his resignation. It is human nature. Just we can't always agree on everything.
Humanity first before our differences .
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2020
Kdon2:

Fat lies! Christians don't constitute nuisanse, they don't behead in the name of God, they are far more tolerant, and they preach love first not spread hate as muslin religion command

Except you're rambling about a different thing entirely. Nobody is talking about who beheads more people. We're talking of the bigger public nuisances who infringe on your personal space in the name of preaching their religion. No Muslim has ever preached to me in my life. I don't even know anything about the Koran. Christians make it their personal mission to be a public nuisance with their evangelism activities and look to burden everyone around them with it.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2020
FILEBE:

I don't think the "clown" statement is necessary at this point brother. I won't deny not seeing the "Buhari Resign" posters being held. But that's like just a few compared to what the protest is for. You should know that the protest was free for all. Everybody used that to say something paining him or her.

During Jonathan's time. Same will happen. Even if we ever have the best president. Same will happen. Some people will ask for his resignation. It is human nature. Just we can't always agree on everything.
Humanity first before our differences .

I get your point, my brother. But trust me, the "clown" tag was specifically for those ones, not the genuine protesters. A lot of protesters also held "I stand with Buhari" placards, so there's no way I would refer to them as clowns.. Was only referring to those who demanded PMB's resignation, as the demand was more of a joke.

Hope you get my point, brother.

God bless you.
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by nams77: 10:35am On Oct 25, 2020
helinues:

So they arrested you cos you were preaching?

Are you the first Christian preacher in Northern Nigeria?
I curse you this day. You shall certainly experience the trauma he experienced and much worse.

So the lady that was killed in abuja while preaching was also acting a movie?
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Kdon2: 10:37am On Oct 25, 2020
Obi1kenobi:

Except you're rambling about a different thing entirely. Nobody is talking about who beheads more people. We're talking of the bigger public nuisances who infringe on your personal space in the name of preaching their religion. No Muslim has ever preached to me in my life. I don't even know anything about the Koran. Christians make it their personal mission to be a public nuisance with their evangelism activities and look to burden everyone around them with it.

So only the noise is nuisance to you? SMH
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by puffpuff: 10:39am On Oct 25, 2020
Moslem is involved in morning cry. Or what else will you call 'Allahu Akbar" recitation from various mosques' megaphone 5am and 5:30am daily ?

Bloghomies:
In as much as there is freedom of expression and worship, what I don't condone is waking people very early in the morning all in the name of morning cry.

If every religion should adopt the Christian's way of propagating their religion, I doubt if Christians will be happy with the development.

Imagine been waked up as early as 4 am with words like: "repent and follow Allah, or you'll go to hell".

The noise and public nuisance are appalling, and I hope you guys learn. You have your religion, I have mine. Let's respect each other's beliefs without wanting to convert the other.

There is no RIGHT religion out there, it's all about FAITH and TOLERANCE!

'Religion is indeed the opium of the masses'

Thank you!
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by 99thEnemy(m): 10:48am On Oct 25, 2020
Too bad about the brutality sad . Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian. But do know you were causing noise polution with the megaphone grin . Just do somethings the right way. grin grin
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by idahme(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2020
teacherbim:
Good cops have nothing to fear !

Rabiu Garba is the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) at Fegge Onitsha. He built a borehole for the neighbourhood without any fund raising.

He organizes soccer tournaments for the youths of Fegge at their stadium where he also goes to play table tennis weekly.

For Rabiu Garba, Fegge is his home. Fegge is his community.

He has attended almost every church and every event in the area as he is invited because he is accepted as one of them.

When the rampaging youths came to burn his Police Division yesterday, he neither fought nor fled.

While his men were panicked, he walked out to meet the mob with the courage of a man who had nothing to fear.

They recognized him and the angry chants were silenced! Most of the youths could vouch for him as a professional cop and a role model for many young men in the community.

They even granted him audience to address and counsel them before the mob dispersed.

It had nothing to do with his tribe or religion he is just a model cop

That's incredible....
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Superjazz: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

God bless Nigeria.
where were you when Righteousness89 was busy gathering members all over nairaland,small righteousness89 ministry don upgrade pass your own abi u don loosguard and holy spirit departed from you like Saul cheesy
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by LagosEconomist: 11:00am On Oct 25, 2020
Bloghomies:
In as much as there is freedom of expression and worship, what I don't condone is waking people very early in the morning all in the name of morning cry.

If every religion should adopt the Christian's way of propagating their religion, I doubt if Christians will be happy with the development.

Imagine been waked up as early as 4 am with words like: "repent and follow Allah, or you'll go to hell".

The noise and public nuisance are appalling, and I hope you guys learn. You have your religion, I have mine. Let's respect each other's beliefs without wanting to convert the other.

There is no RIGHT religion out there, it's all about FAITH and TOLERANCE!

'Religion is indeed the opium of the masses'

Thank you!

Calls to prayer happen and wake tens of millions up all over Nigeria from 4:30am or 5am every day, even though they are not ready to wake up.

No one ever complains for the sake of tolerance.

There should be freedom of religion and assembly, but it should be defined and structured. Anything over megaphones before 7am is just disturbing other people.
Re: The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja by Sheunma: 11:17am On Oct 25, 2020
Why waste your gospel preaching skills on the streets of Abuja when you can curry the admiration of God and men by preaching to and converting members of Book Haram right in their headquarters, Sambisa and the lake Chad region?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Matthias Ezeaku Declared Wanted Over Defamation Of Prophet Fufeyin's Character / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion / Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.