Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars (18241 Views)

Forbes Rating: Dangote Richer Than Donald Trump, Abramovich & Oprah Put Together / Ibadan Firm Exported Nine Billion Dollars Industrial Starch. / Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by adconline(m): 3:38am On Mar 11, 2011
Adenuga is 597 with a net worth of 2 billa

How come there is no Ibo on that list

I guess, like Nigeria, Forbes is discriminating against Ndigbo.

I think the Nigerian consulate in NY should protest. Where is Dora Akunyili when we really need her

We must not stand for this injustice

Delusionary deranged! How have their successes contributed to your success? Truth be told, he is more likely to help Peter Odili's child than you; because you are not in the same league with him.So only speak for yourself
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Becomrichn: 3:59am On Mar 11, 2011
v
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 11, 2011
I guess, like Nigeria, Forbes is discriminating against Ndigbo.

I dey laff for Swahili grin grin
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 11, 2011
@fstranger3
for all the rubish u've been saying not minding ur age, YOUR PAPA BURA!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Kilode1: 6:19am On Mar 11, 2011
Dangote is richer than Zuckerbeg!

Eff Facebook!

I can't Wait for Aliko to start sending food aid to starving Americans cool
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by igboboy1(m): 6:31am On Mar 11, 2011
Kilode?!:

Dangote is richer than Zuckerbeg!

Eff Facebook!

I can't Wait for Aliko to start sending food aid to starving Americans cool

2 billionaires una don dey beat chest, people wey get scores of billionaire no dey talk,
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by BabaO2: 6:37am On Mar 11, 2011
Forbes list is a joke. why ibb is not on that list?
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by igboboy1(m): 6:45am On Mar 11, 2011
Baba_O:

true talk

o boy na only those who dey for regulated business na im dem dey track their wealth,

if small Danjuma make $1billion dollar 2years ago then imagine people like IBB, OBJ, wey control oil money proper for years but no dey talk, guess the billions dem get?

As far I am concerned OBj is one of the richest man in the WORLD period no be by having shares traded in stock exchange na im mean say u get money bone o
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 11, 2011
Baba_O:

Treasury looters are not on the list.

When they start a list for "army robbers" I'm sure he will be there, along with the Gadhafis of this world.
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Amhatu(m): 6:54am On Mar 11, 2011
Allah has really blessed our Brother Alhaji Aliko Dangote . cool

We thank our African,Nigerian,Hausa Brother for really putting Nigeria on the map for his hard work.

May Allah and all Nigerians be pleased. cool
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 11, 2011
Amhatu:

Allah has really blessed our Brother Alhaji Aliko Dangote . cool

We thank our African,Nigerian,Hausa Brother for really putting Nigeria on the map for his hard work.

May Allah and all Nigerians be pleased. cool

It is the other way around. Dangote and Adenuga should be thanking Nigerians for making them stupendously rich.
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by igboboy1(m): 7:01am On Mar 11, 2011
Aigbofa:

It is the other way around. Dangote and Adenuga should be thanking Nigerians for making them stupendously rich.

So na who be the maga? na all of una be the maga minus Dangote and Adenuga
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Nobody: 7:09am On Mar 11, 2011
igbo boy:

So na who be the maga? na all of una be the maga minus Dangote and Adenuga

That is a weird way of looking at it. No one is the maga. Nigerians must have been loyal customers to their companies for them to succeed as they have.
You too can do it if you have something Nigerians want. Just don't do it with the mindset of a "guyman".
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by KDULAR: 7:26am On Mar 11, 2011
What have I got to say, for God sake which everybody (at least in our clime) claim to serve , I cannot fathom why anybody should be jealous aabout the good results obtained from any opportunity that presents to another man and he uses it wisely. for a good benefit.

Dangote is someone I will respect for a long tinme and would definitely like to emulate and even pray to have the same insight and vision so as to be able to uttilise the opportunities that abound in my enviroment.

Some says is it only him? I want to say why did n't others place themselvwes in the same position so that they may be recognized. Whoever says that should also ask himself in any situation  be it family , job, affluence, beauty, strength and any other aspectthat you have an edge over others , why me? truely why you,  a single spermatozoa out of  a population of over 300million sperms ( of which about 180million are equally viable and capable) from the ejaculate, was able to fertilize the egg from yur mum and why is it only you that survived till date/

fOR YOU TO GET ANYTHING FROM THE KING( abacha, babangida, obj, obama, buhari Clinton, Jeffersson, lincoln etc) you must be seen to be able to deliever what they want. Kiss the prince(king) less he be angry with you, that's what the bibkle says. Do your work before the king with delligence , trust and conscience. Daniel in the Bible cannot be succesful had it not been that the king required his personality to be so. If you know what it take s to be a prince not to talk of a oprime minister in the ancient days , then you'll realise that there would be stuff that these men (Jsesph, Daniel etc) would have done  in day to day activities( not interms of corruption and likes oo ) that if viewed by these days standards, would have viewed termed in the light of Dangote and Adenuga.

Can it be linked that any one of them and most other credible business men stole even remotely from government coffers. rather rhan celebrate them, are we not celebrating Bastrds from  our  ethnicity, tribes, states, towns villages and brothers whohave done nothing but looted, and flaunting the wealth primitively before our korooro eyes,  worst of all, do not have any economically beneficial investments in this country but got the money stashed in foreign banks. Mcchew!

These human beings understands the real art science and acts  creating"real" wealth and making "real"money and above all create employment and food on tables of many (ja and africans.
Someone mentioned earlier, "when the maqchines are hummming, the Dollars keep rolling in". that's what's up not meer trading. What the machines humms are needs not wants. Self sustenance.
Most of our people had the opprtunity too but ehat did they do "ego trip". So those hating and b, s, ting should just learn and pray and listen rather than continue these ethnic chauvunism and what have you.
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by segunjowo(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2011
cool
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by segunjowo(m): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2011
I will soon make that list grin
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by seyigiggle: 8:12am On Mar 11, 2011
i think these people are to be celebrated. their investent has contributed to the development of our country; most especially, they have created employment that even our so called government cannot provide.
may God bless them for investing in this country and punish all those who have loot this country to develop other countries with abundaant sorrow.
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Diligence: 8:20am On Mar 11, 2011
Methinks Dangote, like Adenuga (inter alia) might hv bn pipes thru which past and even present corrupt leaders hv wired national treasuries and are still probably wiring.

If this is how u recognise wealth, then there is wahala!

Trust me - Nigerians know the TRUE billionaires!
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by pragmatic1: 8:53am On Mar 11, 2011
Please celebrate individuals/institutions that promote a level playing field, not individuals who have gamed the system with support from corrupt government to have beyond a monopoly (oligopoly) hold on business. It doesn't take a genius to amass so much when the odds are all stacked in your favour in a market the size of Nigeria. Without fair competition not only do potential entrepreneurs suffer, potential employed suffer, most of all we the consumers suffer due to  a lack of competitive choices (not take it or leave it), Innovation suffer, the proper resources/taxes owed to we the people (governed) suffer e.t.c. O boy focus oh"  his number advancing on Forbes list is not advancing human development on ground. I definitely want to be rich, but in a rich country as opposed to be rich in a poor country.
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by pragmatic1: 9:10am On Mar 11, 2011
Good for him, but his rise in Forbes list does not raise the human development index in our dear country.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Iysayah(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2011
another rich slowpoke gets attention! grin
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by sandraa(f): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2011
Did u guys notice on the list that so many people are making money off real estate?

and i checked d list i didnt see Adenuga as 597#, wat number is he if u r sure pls!

Kudos to them for putting nigeria on the list!
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by vinooh: 11:00am On Mar 11, 2011
congratulation to Mr Dangote ,Mr Adenuga and Nigeria we wish to see more Nigerians on the list next time
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Abayomin70(m): 11:24am On Mar 11, 2011
in d next 6 years i pray dat i will be as rich as aliko dangote
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by omolasgidi(m): 11:36am On Mar 11, 2011
Richest black skin alive. grin grin cheesy
I need the hook-up!
Who know am?
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by bababuff(m): 1:02pm On Mar 11, 2011
Now, I am angry.  angry angry angry

Dangote this, Dangote that. Igbo there, Yoruba here, Hausa bla bla.

You internet tribal warlords are here making noise as if it is Dangote that runs the plants, package the products and market the goods. The guy employs workers from all over
the country to generate his wealth.

Dangote and Adenuga are one of the most detribalized Nigerians you will come across in this country. These guys are rich and we can celebrate them now, because they chose to go for the best brains in their industries and pay them well.

They have "think tanks", young men and women (Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba etc) who are paid good money to come up with business ideas and strategies to actualise them.
Our problem in this country is that we always want to personalise issues, and if that doesn't work, we go the tribal way.

Do you think Dangote or Adenuga, and the rest are smarter than the average Nigerian? I don't think so, but they chose to harness the resources (materials, people etc) around them to actualise their goals and make good money for themselves.

Don't make these guys into some kind of demigod that are so smart and all knowing. Lets celebrate the young Nigerians who are part of their management teams, and who are actually doing the work and making the money for them.

I salute the Nigerian workers.  grin
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by ideylaff: 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2011
the Sahara boys even Wale tinubu of Oando are making waves on the global scale. and boosting up their institutions

4 where, Sahara and Oando are doing nothing extra special,

They are major oil marketers of the crude that belongs to us all./working as fronts for the people who have given then the power to operate as marketers

Government even gives them close to 45 days to remit money of the oil they sell.

Yes they have started to build some small Refineries , but all na Noise, trust me, if you check the Oando entities very well u will see that its only Marketing that makes money for then, the rest na Harvard University Effizy set up to make the company attractive and look good.

They are just simly buying and selling oil, and some even take the Crude out and never return it to 9ja if they find a buyer willing to pay more for awa Brent Oil,

WE are not all Blind, so please dont call Dog a Monkey for us oooo, please
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by smallboy2(m): 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2011
this is Nigeria and anything can happen
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by adconline(m): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2011
Dangote and Adenuga, I'm ready to be your 10th Wife. Are you guys still taking applications?
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by chosen04(f): 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2011
kalokalo:

It WAS Lafarge and NOT Dangote that petitioned Obasanjo about Ibeto. The policy was that only importers with evidence of cement backward integration would be allowed to import and Ibeto was not moving towards manufacturing. I

Please kindly stop cooking up stories. The issue i rised happened immediately OBJ had one of those his paddy paddy meetings with his election bankrollers. The reason he gave for closing down IBETO's factory was that it was being used to smuggle armes into the country.

This happened few months after he had boosted that niGERia will soon produce business men who will make it to forbes list.
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by Cyborg2011: 4:37pm On Mar 11, 2011
It is the habit of some Billionaires of this era, I mean monopoly, and "baba-kere", last year I was in Numan, in one Indian Sugar company now bought by Dangote, I wasnt surprised when during our chat about businesses in Nigeria and some big and major potentials in sugar and cement industries one of the Indian management told me that, Dangote insisted and have so much interest in their company after intensive research by their business consultants/expert they found out that if they didnt co-operate might be the end of their business (that company) in Nigeria, so they were left without option but to parner, I don't know may be 50-50, anyway somehow now Dangote has the largest share in the company.

Being a Billionaire by forcing other to co-operate or sell their company is not a good thing at all, so whenever his name mentioned in the media I always remember what that Indian told me about him. Its pity.
Re: 2011 Forbes Rating: Aliko Dangote Ups Wealth To 14 Billion Dollars by instinctg(m): 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2011
@Cyborg201
its d way of d world since d creation of man. remember, dog eat dog. smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BUA Commissions 3 Million Metric Tonnes Cement Plant In Sokoto (Photos) / Setting Up Automatic Car Wash I.e. Car Washing Machine / Refinery: We’ll Ask Dangote To Sell Forex At Good Rate — Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.