Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills (965 Views)

Fingered This Girl And It Smelled Like Yansh / In Love With Someone Else Girlfriend But He Doesn't Live With Her / Need A Girl And A Friend Here In Port Harcourt Get In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills by kings38: 10:05am On Oct 26, 2020
Good Morning My People..

Please I desperately need an advice from married people in the house.

I have this beautiful village girlfriend that I am planning to get married to soon, she is tall, fair and also posses all the physical qualities a man would ever seek for in a woman, she is also a good wife material, infact the best wife material I have ever met in my entire life.

However the major problem is that she lacks communication skills, because she grew up in the village and cant speak English fluently.. She feel very shy to talk to me and that bothers me a lot.

She is 23 yrs old right now and still in her hundred level, I really love this girl and want to make her my wife, every one around me likes her too and wants me to marry her.

I am still worried if she will get better in communication with time when she is through with school and also becomes a mother.

Please all suggestions/advice are welcomed !
Thanks
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills by liveyourlife007(m): 10:07am On Oct 26, 2020
wrong move. if you really love her, you won't be saying this trash.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 26, 2020
Teach her... Love is caring and patient.

Commit to her academic development by sending her to adult classes even online communication courses.

Watch English movies with her from time to time and encourage her to ask you questions and also feel free to make mistakes while she tries to improve her English.

With time, you'll be surprised how much she'll improve.

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills by mymadam(m): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2020
shocked @Op, there is really absolutely nothing else to add to what the above persons have said. Case closed (QED)

1 Like

Re: I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills by kings38: 11:09am On Oct 26, 2020
CoderX:
Teach her... Love is caring and patient.

Commit to her academic development by sending her to adult classes even online communication courses.

Watch English movies with her from time to time and encourage her to ask you questions and also feel free to make mistakes while she tries to improve her English.

With time, you'll be surprised how much she'll improve.

Thanks a lot I think I will do just that..
I have other female friends who are way smarter, but there is something about her that keeps pulling me towards her. I feel like I will regret it if I let her go
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills by kings38: 12:39am On Oct 27, 2020
mymadam:
shocked @Op, there is really absolutely nothing else to add to what the above persons have said. Case closed (QED)

Thank you so much
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills by kings38: 12:42am On Oct 27, 2020
liveyourlife007:
wrong move. if you really love her, you won't be saying this trash.

Yes I do love her and that is why I am finding a way to help her in personality development.. Thanks for your comments though
Re: I Love My Girlfriend But She Is A Village Girl And Lacks Communication Skills by optimusprime2(m): 5:56am On Apr 13, 2021
kings38:
Good Morning My People..

Please I desperately need an advice from married people in the house.

I have this beautiful village girlfriend that I am planning to get married to soon, she is tall, fair and also posses all the physical qualities a man would ever seek for in a woman, she is also a good wife material, infact the best wife material I have ever met in my entire life.

However the major problem is that she lacks communication skills, because she grew up in the village and cant speak English fluently.. She feel very shy to talk to me and that bothers me a lot.

She is 23 yrs old right now and still in her hundred level, I really love this girl and want to make her my wife, every one around me likes her too and wants me to marry her.

I am still worried if she will get better in communication with time when she is through with school and also becomes a mother.

Please all suggestions/advice are welcomed !
Thanks

This post struck a chord, so I just had to reply...

I had a colleague way back, who brought his wife to Holland straight out the village (complicated Family arrangement). Very cute, industrious and respectful lady, however... aside the fact that then, she could only speak a very raw form of pidgin English and her native language, she was also not exposed, did not know a lot of things which was evident whenever they went to social places like church etc.

The thing is, her Husband (despite the stark contrast in their upbringing and qualifications-Her Husband was British born and a PhD holder) was very supportive to her and never bullied her or disregarded her naivety in any way, of course there were the occasional laughs when she would do some funny village stuff (like eating snow during her first snowfall experience) but it was all in good humour.

I can attest to the fact that this man grew to love his "village wife" the way she was, and sure enough something remarkably distinct happened upon time...

When they started having children and later moved to Germany, Her spoken English didn't drastically improve (though it did-as she understood and read better) However she became very fluent in Dutch and German which she now speaks effortlessly with the children, funny enough her husband struggles with German being a native English speaker, the children speak mostly English with him but when they speak to their mother, it's a completely different vibe, they chatter in Dutch switch to German back and forth... like it's sooo cool to listen to them chatter away. The unique thing is she speaks German with a solid Bavarian accent, and how she learnt that is a mystery till today, because she stayed home as a housewife for the most part.

Today, my colleagues village wife that was the subject of jokes is now an inspiration, because she literally can do everything, she integrated well into the European setting and she works a decent job currently (before the covid19 restrictions, she was running an African restaurant/catering business)...
guess who is the proud husband now?

Just imagine if he gave up on her and dumped her like many advised him to?

Change is a constant factor, it's up to us to make it positive or Negative.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A / Relationship / I Want A Relationship Wt A Guy Based Abroad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.