Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja (42667 Views)

SA Seizes Mercedes From Mbuso Moloi Who Looted Groceries During The Riots / Wife Exposes Husband Who Looted Shoes During Katsina Market Inferno / Graduate Shot Dead In Osogbo By Hoodlums Who Looted His Boss' Properties (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by nwekeugochukwu: 5:37am On Oct 28, 2020
NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Partook In The Looting Of COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps have dismissed one of its officers, Corps Assistant Illiya Ibrahim of the Gwagwalada Division Abuja, for partaking in the looting of Covid-19 palliatives discovered in a warehouse in Gwagwalada, Abuja, IgbereTV reports.

On Monday, a mob stormed the warehouse and carted away the palliatives. A video that made the rounds on social media, showed the officer grabbing his own palliative.

Tweets from the officials Twitter handle of the NSCDC reads:

"The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps has punished a Corps Assistant Illiya Ibrahim of the Gwagwalada Division Abuja by dismissing him from the service in relation to the looting of Covid-19 palliatives discovered in a warehouse in Gwagwalada, Abuja."
https://twitter.com/CIVILDEFENDERS/status/1321174355565518849?s=19

"The Media Assistant to the Commandant General NSCDC, Ekunola Gbenga, disclosed this in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja on Tuesday evening."
https://twitter.com/CIVILDEFENDERS/status/1321174357331398656?s=19

"The recommendation was given after the officer was charged under the public service rule which is related to unbecoming conduct of officers."

“This disciplinary measure was taken after series of investigations and deliberations by the junior disciplinary committee and recommendations were made to the management."

"The CG appreciates officers and men of the Corps including members of the public for providing useful information that has continue to assist the Corps in identifying unfit individuals within the ranks for appropriate action. He tasked the personnel to remain committed, resolute and firm in the discharge of their duties.''

5 Likes

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by money121(m): 5:39am On Oct 28, 2020
EhyA
Sorry oooo

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Ubykcee(m): 5:40am On Oct 28, 2020
Covid19 is gone but the palliative items are still there. Who are the main looters?

248 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Lifestone(m): 5:45am On Oct 28, 2020
I knew this guy is in trouble immediately i saw the videos clip.
Stomach infrastructure don finish his career. Too bad.

189 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by LUGBE: 6:00am On Oct 28, 2020
Lies everyday

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by ivolt: 6:09am On Oct 28, 2020
Stop recruiting thieves.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Mayng01(m): 6:10am On Oct 28, 2020
Dismissed while struggling from hand to mouth. So unfortunate but necessary for him. God will make a better way for you bro.

262 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Olarsview: 6:14am On Oct 28, 2020
Who will deal with people that kept it there suspiciously against the survival of humanity due to covid19 & hunger

234 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Asabe4(f): 6:19am On Oct 28, 2020
Him sef wear uniform go steal embarassed

Well....

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Nbotee(m): 6:20am On Oct 28, 2020
And dat was how Iliya lost his job over fud would probably run out before the end of the week

42 Likes

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by ignis: 6:31am On Oct 28, 2020
See what lack of discipline have caused.
If you must partake of the palliative, why do so with your complete uniform ?
Indeed, common sense is not common.

He got more than what he bargained for....

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Bettycars(m): 6:32am On Oct 28, 2020
undecided
Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by omenka(m): 6:32am On Oct 28, 2020
This is not right. I'm sure their boss just did that to create space to employ one of his relatives.

Smh.

23 Likes

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Explorers(m): 6:33am On Oct 28, 2020
Aba
Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by AnanseK(m): 6:33am On Oct 28, 2020
ivolt:
Stop recruiting thieves.

As we can see , the majority of Nigerians are thieves. All the others on that video should be arrested as well.

I believe he was reported by thieves that were looting the stores.

16 Likes

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by anochuko01(m): 6:33am On Oct 28, 2020
this is the kind of proactiveness that shows seriousness...
people would surely and always be funny but dont go about desecrating the uniform, institution and country publicly.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by stupidmod1: 6:33am On Oct 28, 2020
that's hash, discipline wud have been nice

MEANWHILE, ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Johnmax95(m): 6:33am On Oct 28, 2020
grin this is really interesting. Probably he wad trying to secure the ones he took.

I will design a business website for 10k only.
This covers; hosting, domain name & emails.
Call/WhatsApp: 0802860,9484
Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by setobaba: 6:33am On Oct 28, 2020
No that’s wrong
You see the issues about looting of these palliatives is really not because all involved in this, are in abject property, but an average Nigerian will want to steal from this country even if it’s a piece of cake or grain of rice, reason been that’s all we hear from the news, stolen money, syphoning of public fund here and there, hence this changed majority thinking, everyone want to take back from a country that doesn’t care for her people.

My verdict, he should not be sacked, he should be suspended for a while. Wrong tactics, fools they are quick to decided this one civilian fate in just few hours, yet Lekki fate and justice is yet to be found after many days.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Technically they had no choice, he was supposed to remove his uniform Tie it inside a bag, go with singlet and boxers to collect loot .

He is also Nigerian, underpaid and hungry like so many of us.

I am sure he will be located and blessed by the society for taking what was rightfully his for his stomach.

Meanwhile the military that came in operation Mesa trucks, took palatives with hillux every body just FEM.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by spafu(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Wok
Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
It's a shame, a big shame.
Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by DropsMic(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
If you guys were paying him well he wouldn't have dreamt of it

15 Likes

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by XXLMANDIGO: 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
This man just ruined his own life and career with greed.

What should ordinary Nigerians like me who doesn't get remunerated by government do?

I can't pity him coz I never pity myself finish undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Imstrong2(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Eyaa
Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by ekaette1621: 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Palliatives Kee Him Dere.

Stingy Afonja.

I laugh in Swahili
Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Freelane33(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
STORY FOR THE gods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by Esji80(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Chaiii dismissal ���

Innalillahi...May Allah bring a better job for you

2 Likes

Re: NSCDC Dismisses Officer Who Looted COVID-19 Palliatives In Abuja by lindareep: 6:35am On Oct 28, 2020
Isowk...

Has Buhari been dismissed for being incompetent?? grin

Checked my signature?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Arrest Man For Sodomizing His Son In Bauchi (Photo) / Ugandan Man Jumps From A Six-Storey Building (Photos + Video) / Benue Villagers Burn Bank Robber Suspect To Death (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.