Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? (1749 Views)

A Kind Nairalander Deposited 2000k To My Account For D Fake 1k I Received Pics / Cows Ran Into A Bus At Ilesa-Ibadan (pictures) / Man Claims Police Vehicle Knocked Him Down & Ran Away, Insists On Waiting (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? by nawaforweo: 12:10am On Mar 11, 2011
http://ascology.com/news/extras/crime/6120-Runaway-millionaire-New-Zealand-court.html

ASCOLOGY NEWS, A woman who allegedly fled New Zealand with her partner after a bank mistakenly deposited millions of dollars into his account appeared in court Thursday charged with theft and money laundering.

Police accuse Kara Hurring of departing for China with partner Hui (Leo) Gao after Westpac bank accidentally placed NZ$10 million (US$7.5 million) into Gao's account in April 2009. Gao had requested a NZ$100,000 dollar overdraft.

The error was discovered within days but by then some NZ$6.78 million had allegedly been transferred into other accounts and the pair had skipped the country.

Hurring, who was arrested at Auckland airport after voluntarily returning to New Zealand on February 25, appeared in Rotorua District Court Thursday on one count of stealing NZ$6.78 million and eight counts of money laundering.

She was not required to enter a plea but her lawyer said outside the court that she would would fight the charges.

The 31-year-old was granted bail and ordered to reappear in court on March 21.

A report this week said Hurring spent almost two years on the run in Hong Kong, Macau and China before returning to New Zealand.

The Herald on Sunday newspaper said Hurring separated from Gao last year after a "gambling blowout" in Macau and contacted New Zealand police about returning home before travelling to Hong Kong in October.

Police said after Hurring's arrest that they were still intent on finding Gao, who media reports said was last believed to be in China's southern Guangdong province. New Zealand has no extradition treaty with China.

http://ascology.com/news/extras/crime/6120-Runaway-millionaire-New-Zealand-court.html

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ASCOLOGYNEWS & ON FACEBOOK ASCOLOGYNEWS
Re: A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? by thetelz(m): 2:36am On Mar 11, 2011
Bros,this is not a question. Immediately i see the money in my account like this,next website you'll see me is on airline's website booking flight.lol but seriously,who wouldn't feel like running away. I'd just report to the bank and beg them for interest cos i reported the inflated cash.lol
Re: A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? by nawaforweo: 2:59am On Mar 11, 2011
lollllllllllllllllllllll @ you dude, well the lady's been currently charged to court now but I think this is a funny thing,
Re: A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? by thetelz(m): 8:17am On Mar 11, 2011
Its really funny,just trying to imagine her reaction and how she hurriedly packed her bags when she saw the money. Yeeeee!! See money,oya let me run away fast
Re: A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? by nawaforweo: 8:45am On Mar 11, 2011
And the funny thing is she ran away with her partner, only God knows who convinced each other between the two
Re: A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? by thetelz(m): 4:03am On Mar 13, 2011
I'm sure it was the man,hahaha we men are so cunny and like money. I'm sure the first place she went after seeing the money was a boutique
Re: A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? by Osama10(m): 5:57am On Mar 13, 2011
A lot of people won't wait a second before overdrawing the account.
Re: A Bank Mistakenly Deposited $7.5m To A Woman's Acct Who Ran Away,what Wld U Do? by nawaforweo: 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2011
lollllllzzzzzzz @ both of you, but the thing that i'm concerned about with is why she has to give herself up in the court

(1) (Reply)

Tosinville, U Are A Menaupause Man! / #GEJAchievements in Waterways / LGBT Celebration In Brazil Depicts A Gay Jesus Christ [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.