Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (54909 Views)

Share Your Worst Experience About Online Businesses That You've Done Before. / Share Your Worst Business Experience / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Pavillon: 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
tehilah92:
Am currently in that situation, abeg people wey Don pass here, how una manage, because na to faint remain o, hunger bad Tru tru
Even faint sef no go come..
Hungerbad ooo.

That's y those condemning these looters haven't seen anything. As far as it is condemable act, but you see this thing called hunger has no respect o.

I can't remember countless times during my undergraduate days I lived on budgeted money perday..
250-300perday.
Outta which i will spend 100# on Tfare. Skipped morning food for afternoon and maybe Garri in the night.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by danduchi(m): 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
Employing two people from same family and then dating my ex
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Pavillon: 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
tehilah92:
Am currently in that situation, abeg people wey Don pass here, how una manage, because na to faint remain o, hunger bad Tru tru

God will see us through, just hold on to your hustle and we shall sail through.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Esji80(m): 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hmmmm
It is not easy ooo

I just de hustle and believe it will one day be history.

Me na prayer I need ooo

As if I am cursed oooo

I actually don't my problem self

Ya Allah ease our affairs and send us helpers from where we never imagine aaameeen ��

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Bashnigga(m): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mexyz:
I've not read to the last page of this thread though but with what I saw on page 1&2, then I can conclude that NL still has a lot of kindhearted souls, na just those useless people wey politicians don hire to dey scatter us with tribalism here dey give NL bad name..
See my man, how've u been longest time...
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Aflix(m): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
My worst broke experience.... huuumm.... Experienced mine during my 100 level 2nd semester. We were 3 living together, no foodstuff no money, no nothing. We did not even have water for drinking.
That day we all went for our respective classes hoping that something miraculous would happen before the end of the day, but it didn't. We all got back from classes smiling through the hunger. We decided to sleep with the hunger because we had too much pride to go about begging for food from our hostel mates. We all layed down, but couldn't sleep. The hunger was just too ferocious for any form of relaxation. It got to 11PM in the night and we decided that we couldn't sleep like that, we had to do something. Our mind started working like computers on what to do to get something to eat. It was then one of my roommates suggested that we go to "bank road", that there were some guava trees there. We thought that was a brilliant suggestion and decided to go for it.

We left the house around 11:30pm, not minding the danger we might face (We stayed at ekosodin). Those that schooled at uniben know how dangerous that area is. We got to the bank and got to work. My roommate climbed the tree and dropped the guavas on the floor for us to pick. While we were on that, a security man in one of the banks flashed his light on us and asked what we were doing there. We were too ashamed to say anything, but the security man figured it out and said "These students no De rest?? Even for night again them still De pluck Guava." We paid him no mind.

After plucking, we walked back home, chewing happily on our guava. Luckily, we didn't come across any bad boys.

6/7/2013.....I will never forget that day.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Merimental(m): 1:06pm On Oct 31, 2020
chatinent:

There are numerous people who need help. Those are the two who spoke up.

What I did was nothing. Yes, I may be in need but he was more needy. I had to. I could manage till Monday but maybe he couldnt.

Anybody with a good conscience will do the same.

You can help me too -- by offering me a freelance writing job. I like to work for money so I can value it.

If you have a writing job,
my WhatsApp details are below my signature.

Thanks sir.

"I like to work for money so I can value it"

Wow. I'm impressed. Big Quote !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Humblesam(m): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2020
Toks2008:

See never ever joke with any instruction from your heart to GIVE cos it is usually a test to lift you higher if you pass it.

Thank you sir, lesson learnt.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by faithful2911(m): 1:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
Alexun:

Had to mix garri and palm oil during lockdown cry
That's luxury na cool

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by MaziAlaye(m): 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
Humblesam:
Menh I can't forget that fateful day I had only 50 naira in my entire life and was going to Festac town from Ijesha for an appointment.
I used 30 naira for t/fare hoping I'll be back with good news but the result is a story for another day.
I trekked in the hot sun of Lagos from Festac town down to Ijesha with my mind already spending the last 20 naira on garri,groundnut and probably sugar when I get home after the long trekking but something strange happened.
When I got to Ijesha bus stop,getting ready for the final trekking to my street which is like five kilometers from the bus stop, I saw this blind man with his daughter begging, and when I looked at d man, he looked straight to my eye and was begging for something from me.
Initially when I saw that blind man, I felt very grateful that I was a lucky guy,I felt pity and decided to move on with my 20 naira, I would av given him something but it was the last one on me.
Do you know that I ve to trek back from my street after successfully getting to my house to the bus stop just to give that same 20 naira to that blind man? Because my conscience would not let me rest from that moment I set my eye on the blind man...it was telling me, "you can do better by giving that 20naira to the blind man", I thought it was a joke until I submitted.
After that I saw myself crying unconsciously, trekking back home weak,hungry and without hope, but that's not the end of my story.

The following, someone I d never believed will help me, came to my house and took me to his place of work.... Same day, I was interviewed, same day I got my appointment letter,next day...
I started working in that company and the rest is history.
Lmao which Nollywood movie is this?
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 1:09pm On Oct 31, 2020
Effulgent:
the day I drank garri inside a cup laced with an antiseptic soap.

I never knew such was inside the cup, but I don already pour garri and na my last cup of garri be that... oboy I just drink am like that ni o

the kind wayo wey my throat do me that day hen
grin

Lol
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by mysteriouspee: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
HomerTimpson:
Like this post was created for me right now,me and bro don't even know what we gon eat tomorrow,but we just believe we won't die.

You won't believe the phone am using to pass time grin

@HomerTimpson
Let me drop you something. Send you ac no
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by PitexyBaba(m): 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
Bin broke is evil spirit on its own.
you will be thinking as if God no dey....
I remember back then in 2014, the day I will never forgt, I was broke to the extent that I don't even have water at home...I was Lyon down till 7pm in the night, if not for Iya bolaji that year I don't know if I would have made it till today.
one lesson I learnt was that "hunger don't kill easily'
To the members helping others on this page, God will continue to uplift you. Amen.

I'm a graduate, I would be happy if anyone can reach out to me and get me a job be it island or mainland in lag, things have not bin easy ever since covid period o.
Thanks in advance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by maiquel: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2020
All I can say is thank God for garri.
I suffer sotey fever catch me, Na garri water I drink take cure fever.
When garri finished, Na just water I survive on...lots of water...
I even looked like a skeleton. My structures were visible
Thank God for life sha, that level don pass.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Asquare84(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
boxypane:
It wasn't a funny experience leaving Lagos/Eko in search of greener pastures up the North Central, had to borrow money to travel down, ate once that day through the help of a stranger I met in the bus. I have gone a week or more without a dime, feeding hand to mouth. But Grace has prevailed, I live a better and fulfilled life, have a car, a great job and a house, all in three years. God is Great.

There is so much opportunity in the north
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by ebenezary(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
I CAN'T JUST HOLD TEARS OF JOY AS I WRITE

l was broke around October 2019 to January 2020, and my wife was pregnant and my first son was just 2+, and she was DUE already
Then l cry as if suicide is a better option

babe things not fully complete, to eat is war,

three days to the delivery day, someone gave me N25,000 to do business name registration for her

since that Very DAY till today God has been so wonderful to me throughout the lockdown

On the day of my wife delivery, she was not going for delivery but she went to hospital for anti-natal
and 15minutes she left home, she called me herself that she has put to bed

21 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by stinjoe(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
Sent you a pm.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Dreyton36: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2020
I cashed out 4.6 million in the year 2016 (not scam but bet9ja)
You know how that kind thing they be naw
Naim I enter Quilox say make I feel among o

Like play like play me and three of my guys , that's a total of 4 guys popping champagne
After all said and done , them bring bill my eye clear
3million plus don go , I shock
For my mind "in just one night"??

My guys just they hail me anyhow , mumu me ,. I still enter pekas for ikeja make I go arrange olosho , all the way from island to mainland , we move olosho enter Fela shrine , it was the month of October

Men they smoke joints badly like our life depends on it
Girls they flex
Omo when day break when I don fvck over night naim i come know say my balance na just 112k
I just they slap sense into my own head

Small time my guys don call my phone for update , omo to pick call tire me
Fear anything called (desperation)
I come they play games online (bet9ja) 10odds each with 20k to win fast fast so that I can be back on track

Na so I wait make games start , during half time I sleep off
When I wake up I don loose games chai

My balance come remain 6k

Who say devil no get power grin

I leave area go chi for one of my guy place for 2 months ,make shame no kill me
Hunger wire me there tire , garri come be like golden morn for my mouth , I come they reason those times wey I they chip chicken like say tomorrow no they
I come they give myself motivation say "life goes on"
2pac come they on repeat for my phone and lucky dube

Anyway thank God man don know better

Bottomline is "Learn from your mistakes )

I'm good now

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Richimills(m): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
Right now I'm going through those broke days.
I don't gamble,neither do I spend money anyhow.recently stopped working,say over a month now.reason I stopped was because I felt I needed to take a break or rather,look for other job.fixing phones for me hasn't been a good experience..
There are bad and good days.all along I never used the money for betterment of my life,instead I'm always sorting one customer or the other... This really frustrates me.enough is enough. Right now I don't mind going days without eating.. I believe something good,a better offer of work is coming... Maybe with the series of forced fasting will make my prayers to be answered... There's light in the end

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by nigerianoakman: 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
I understand perfectly. Lost my job in 2018. Lives on savings and thereafter started selling assets . Assets done finish. Cut intake to 2 meals a day, currently on 3 meals every two days. Been begging friends, family for sustenance,sometimes they give sometimes they mock...but I keep on moving. World is round men, "situation cannot remain permanent", keeps on driving me. I have 4 kids plus wifey. Children and wifey are supportive and sometimes when there is nothing my wife and daughter sing. Makes me happy and sad at the same time.
That's my story now

18 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kokoboss: 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
mysteriouspee:

@HomerTimpson
Let me drop you something. Send you ac no
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
YoungGeniuz:
To think I'm still in school when ASUU is yet to call off strike coupled with my state of brokeness chaii. What doesn't kill me will make me stronger. Garri will remain a blessing to me. Thank God for the game of chess. It has really kept me going through this period just to while away time and hope for a better tomorrow. Being broke I feel will make me never take little things for granted. There's light at the end of the tunnel. God dey. Airtel thank you for free opera mini..

They say ppl who play chess are very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Coldie(m): 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2020
I was broke during my nysc because I didn't know how to cook before I moved out of our corpers lodge to a private residence an Igbo corper from anambra showed me pepper. What was my offense that she asked me for money and I demanded for the money so i would use it to complete my share of money we were contributing for general foodstuffs in the corpers lodge, thats how this girl developed hatred for me. NOTE she was dating another corper guy.

When I came for nysc in the corpers lodge the gas and pot we were using was hers she said we as corpers should Stop cooking together, shared the corpers lodge and said I shud stop entering her side her foolish bf from same anambra that stayed in same corpers lodge supported her.

I didn't know how to cook so I tried my best like a corper girl that was staying off camp used to write up details for me, when she discovered this, she would wait for me to start cooking mid way into the cooking she will say she wants to use her gas and her pot. I would transfer my food to plastic bowl, when she finished cooking I would ask for the pot so I can finish my cooking she would say sth is inside that she can't give me.

This actions made me stop cooking so I was always eating outside, little or no time my money quickly got finished, I started drinking garri like mad, I drank garri and groundnut so much that my shit became like garri. When I reach that point this WICKED girl will cook general food call other corpers to eat and let me starve. One day i tried to ask her as a fellow igbo, please no vex o what is my offense to u she kept face like winch and said no nothing, we no get problem. This was what she did until I left that hour and rented a private apartment the negative energy was too much. After I left the kind of hatred I had for that girl was so much.

Through out our 12 months of our nysc apart from the first 2 or 3 months I stayed with them I NEVER spoke to that girl again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by youngdabold19: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
It started in August when my uncle's sickness became worse and it entered into stroke.
I was the one financing our home before with my teaching job but during the lockdown it hasnt been easy,I had to quit my job in order to take care of my uncle at home since he is immobile due to his stroke.
Last week,I sold my phone just to provide food.I have even stopped my uncle's treatment because I have exhausted mt savings,My younger neice is currently planning to drop out so she can hawk pure water while the two younger ones go to school.

Any body who can help me with anything,I will be really grateful please,it hasnt been easy on me as my aunt is late.Please I will really appreciate..

David Eze
GTBank

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Ibkay32(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kokoboss:
we in the same shoe bro... I'm afraid of the future sef. I go dey successful so?

bro let dey positive,, everything go gel by God grace..just d grace we need

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by englois: 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mine is a case of being trusting. Though I've learnt my lesson cos you will really work hard to earn my trust. So, during NYSC, we just returned in January after the Xmas break. December allawee hasn't be paid and January is just starting. It was later we heard that the 2 months will be paid January ending. I served in Kaduna. My dad gave me #20,000 of which I used 7500 for transport leaving me with 12500. I just got into a relationship with one guy now my ex. He had a private school around my PPA. He called me that he was coming from his base in jos and I should come and meet him at the bus park. He had earlier informed me that he forgot his ATM at his residence around my PPA. So, I should come with his tfare and borrow him #10,000 with the promise that he will reimburse me when he gets hold of his ATM. I innocently agreed with the believe that he will settle me later. What I now had left with me was now #1000 which I exhausted after 1 week. He then ghosted me. Kai I called him, he said he travelled. Thank God I filled my gas cylinder in December before traveling. The villagers were nice. So, I got yams and beans in addition to the little rice I had. The #1000 got exhausted on stew. Then I went broke. I had to go meet the principal who gave me #1000. I suffered. I later broke up with him but up till today I haven't seen the money.till today.

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Humblesam(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2020
MaziAlaye:

Lmao which Nollywood movie is this?

E shock you abi?
Life is deeper than you can ever comprehend.
Thank God it's strange to you like a movie.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kokoboss: 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ibkay32:

bro let dey positive,, everything go gel by God grace..just d grace we need
amen bro.. Amen

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Bahamas95(m): 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2020
I haven't experienced it before and I pray it doesn't happen. Even if I don't have anything I must have atleast N500 in my pocket before something bigger enters.

Davidson267:
this is not even about me alone...have you been so broke that you and your family drinks garri morning,afternoon and night for weeks?.i was so deep in Thinking that I concluded my family was the poorest in my neighbor Hood.
LOL, please pardon my laughter. Your comment cracked me up.........It's well.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2020
kroger:

Send me a PM.
Bros, abeg make me smile too. Hunger wan finish me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

How To Setup A Day Care Center In Nigeria? / How Can I Invest A N100,000 And Make Profit Without Working / Thugs Attack Desmond Elliot In Lagos, Gunshots Fired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.