Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication (4254 Views)

It's Only In Madonna University That Girls Graduate As Virgins - Founder, Edeh / ASUU Strike: List Of University That Accepted And Rejected FG Offer / Top Ten Abhorent Rules In Covenant University That Must Be Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by fauda49(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
Gentlemen and ladies,
This happened in 1991 in my final year- 500level. There was a practice in university then whereby anyone whom bed space has been allocated to officially but who do not need it for one reason or the other sells to other students at exorbitant price. This made some students who had some influence to get more than one bed space allocated to them officially and they end up selling at huge prices to other needy student.
I couldn't get a bed space in my 100 level because I resumed late. I then registered at another hall of residence. I am entitled to a bed space in 400 level being the year of practical course. I ended up having 1 bed space in each of 2 halls of residence.

I then sold one to the younger brother of a course mate for 400 naira. A lot of student were selling in excess of 1,000 naira then. However, we paid 90 naira each for accommodation and hall dues respectively.

Fast forward to a year later . I was already rounding up in 500level when I received a query from the Senate to explain why one will not be rusticated for that offence. My whole world came crashing down. I cried bitterly and I had to go home to inform my mum who reminded me that she has told me several times never to join multitude to do evil. She prayed for me and asked me to reply the query.

Eventually I and many others were invited to come face disciplinary committee. On the d day, the whole council chamber was filled to the brim, a lot of us could not enter and were hanging on the staircase and some were even downstairs. Later the vc, prof oyediran came with the other council member with the student union executives in tow. They read out the charges to us and asked us if we plead guilty or not. Prior to starting the proceedings, the union executives has instructed us to plead guilty, so we all choruses GUILTY. However , one law student pleaded not guilty. We were then warned seriously against such offences and discharged. The law student was suspended for 2 sessions.

That's my experience which among others has shaped my attitude till date.

SHARE YOURS AS WELL.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Abboki: 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2020
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Madibah(m): 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
Got caught smoking Hemp twice at sch field
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Karlifate: 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hmmm... The law student wan argue, e tink say na court case.

17 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by kodded(m): 2:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Karlifate:
Hmmm... The law student wan argue, e tink say na court case.
the guy no smart at all, crowd shout guilty but only you say otherwise, good thing they used him as a scapegoat

3 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Ejusni(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
fauda49:
Gentlemen and ladies,
This happened in 1991 in my final year- 500level. There was a practice in university then whereby anyone whom bed space has been allocated to officially but who do not need it for one reason or the other sells to other students at exorbitant price. This made some students who had some influence to get more than one bed space allocated to them officially and they end up selling at huge prices to other needy student.
I couldn't get a bed space in my 100 level because I resumed late. I then registered at another hall of residence. I am entitled to a bed space in 400 level being the year of practical course. I ended up having 1 bed space in each of 2 halls of residence.

I then sold one to the younger brother of a course mate for 400 naira. A lot of student were selling in excess of 1,000 naira then. However, we paid 90 naira each for accommodation and hall dues respectively.

Fast forward to a year later . I was already rounding up in 500level when I received a query from the Senate to explain why one will not be rusticated for that offence. My whole world came crashing down. I cried bitterly and I had to go home to inform my mum who reminded me that she has told me several times never to join multitude to do evil. She prayed for me and asked me to reply the query.

Eventually I and many others were invited to come face disciplinary committee. On the d day, the whole council chamber was filled to the brim, a lot of us could not enter and were hanging on the staircase and some were even downstairs. Later the vc, prof oyediran came with the other council member with the student union executives in tow. They read out the charges to us and asked us if we plead guilty or not. Prior to starting the proceedings, the union executives has instructed us to plead guilty, so we all choruses GUILTY. However , one law student pleaded not guilty. We were then warned seriously against such offences and discharged. The law student was suspended for 2 sessions.

SHARE YOURS AS WELL.

I'm already scared o. I sold my hostel space and I'm now squatting in the hostel,i didn't know the penalty for such was so high.

1 Like

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ejusni:

I'm already scared o. I sold my hostel space and I'm now squatting in the hostel,i didn't know the penalty for such was so high.
That happened in 1991, when country never scatter finish. Schools also had far less population.
Today who even has time to investigate hostel irregularities. This is what hundreds of students do every session.

10 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Karlifate: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
kodded:
the guy no smart at all, crowd shout guilty but only you say otherwise, good thing they used him as a scapegoat

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by paulolee(m): 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
bin de run flip flap for back of library one evening during nite class n security man catch us..
d gee suppose free us or scold us BT e jus raise alarm n report us because he been toast dt same bea and d bea no gree..
the matter still de our faculty desk n i go face panel this month end....I no know about the bea because na another faculty she de, maybe them free her because the bea na cheerful giver and gat big ass and go don blow her way out of the case...
life is so unfair for guys...I jus tire..

11 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by proxitaly: 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mine had always been exam malpractice. From Jss3 when I wrote Economics in NABTEB for SS3 students. Year 1 and 2 when I wrote more than four answer papers in every paper in of examinations to be distributed to each row of the exam hall. Same year 2 I boldly entered the exam hall to write a carryover for my friend from 2nd semester of year 1. That was in Mathematics. All these could have earned me a direct expulsion and even prosecution if I was caught.
Till tomorrow I cannot confess to the school authority as that would mean cancellation of my mates papers if it could be proved.
Funny enough most of them that knew somebody that knows somebody are big today while i still rot in the trenches trying to figure out my destiny.
I sincerely don't see the use of my brilliance in the academic sector. The little I learned and still learning from the street is my mainstay today.

I wanted to say school na scam but that would be a loser's surmise. We move

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by kingsley38162: 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
Got caught smoking Hemp twice at sch field
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Kingnelson9: 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2020
were they expecting u to sell at the same amount u paid for it?
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Ejusni(m): 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
proxitaly:
Mine had always been exam malpractice. From Jss3 when I wrote Economics in NABTEB for SS3 students. Year 1 and 2 when I wrote more than four answer papers in every paper in of examinations to be distributed to each row of the exam hall. Same year 2 I boldly entered the exam hall to write a carryover for my friend from 2nd semester of year 1. That was in Mathematics. All these could have earned me a direct expulsion and even prosecution if I was caught.
Till tomorrow I cannot confess to the school authority as that would mean cancellation of my mates papers if it could be proved.
Funny enough most of them that knew somebody that knows somebody are big today while i still rot in the trenches trying to figure out my destiny.
I sincerely don't see the use of my brilliance in the academic sector. The little I learned and still learning from the street is my mainstay today.

did you study a professional course?
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by KingTom(m): 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2020
proxitaly:

Mine was similar to yours after calling my client's Benue name like that Terver Matthew something na so I bounce enter inside hall only for one werey to start shouting Thomas Kunle ah Kunle baba sir Tee you sef fail this course? The invigilator come dey chance if I be yoruba or TIV, na so I say I no sabi wetin that boy dey talk o. I denied him immediately, I throway face sef grin and that was 2002 in the heat of Obasanjo's Exam Malpractice "war"

12 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by phenzy(m): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2020
angry
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Richiez(m): 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
grin
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by seanwilliam(m): 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ejusni:

which school are you bro
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Dayoebe(m): 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
I always stay out of trouble in school.
I no get papa to bail me out
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by LadySarah: 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
Till today it's a norm in Absu.2 students sharing a 2by 6 bed that has been resold at an exorbitant price.

God forsaken school. Better for my child to learn apprenticeship than send my child there.

3 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Oblongata: 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
fauda49:
Gentlemen and ladies,

SHARE YOURS AS WELL.

Professor Oyediran was the VC of Uni. Of Ibadan. He recently lost his wife; first daughter of Awolowo and chairman of tribune Late Mrs Oyediran who died earlier this month...

Thank you for taking me back memory lane...

I also faced SDC panel once for hoarding a cultist...

My room was ecomog how would I know who cultist were or even squatters sef? We that the room was allocated for were summoned, but the squatters just left to find their way elsewhere, we were spared. lesson was learnt...

Sodeinde, new hall... 2.5 decades

8 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by EbukaHades10(m): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
Who get that time for Unilag hostels especially Biobaku?

Settle ur bonafide,settle Porter and be on ur way.

3 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Ejusni(m): 9:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
seanwilliam:
which school are you bro

Does it matter?
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by GiftedTitty: 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
KingTom:

Mine was similar to yours after calling my client's Benue name like that Terver Matthew something na so I bounce enter inside hall only for one werey to start shouting Thomas Kunle ah Kunle baba sir Tee you sef fail this course? The invigilator come dey chance if I be yoruba or TIV, na so I say I no sabi wetin that boy dey talk o. I denied him immediately, I throway face sef grin and that was 2002 in the heat of Obasanjo's Exam Malpractice "war"

Lol so funny. and the man released you?
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by ednut1(m): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Corruption don tey
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by KingTom(m): 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
GiftedTitty:

Lol so funny. and the man released you?
I just dey shout Oneh, oneh for everywhere grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by fatymore(f): 10:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
I am always scared of penalties and punishment.

But I can teach people very well during exams.

Once I finish my work...the whole row will enjoy.
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
kodded:
What do you expect from a law student? Always forming, my Lord sir, stubborness is my watchword, I no go gree is my everything! Just joking!

4 Likes

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by UndauntedYOCA(f): 11:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
fauda49:
Gentlemen and ladies,

SHARE YOURS AS WELL.

100 level, second semester, University of Ibadan, I was caught whispering to someone seated close to me, she happened to be my roommate who had entered through DE and was a level ahead but we were both writing same mandatory GES exam (GES 106, reproductive human health and HIV). We were both given minus 30, paper I hadn't even expected to have 20 because science was never my forte! Had a B but it was better than being sent to face SDC (Student Disciplinary Committee).
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by GiftedTitty: 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
KingTom:
I just dey shout Oneh, oneh for everywhere grin
Wetin be Oneh
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by KingTom(m): 11:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
GiftedTitty:

Wetin be Oneh
I think it means my guy in Benue. My dear I just had to escape... Funny enough I had a C when I wrote mine with intensive reading whereas, this Benue guy own na A I get and I no see wetin I write I just write am make e see even E pass yet na A he get grin
Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Ebenezer202I: 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ejusni:

Does it matter?
no mention am oh make your matter no cast. school authorities dey this forum

1 Like

Re: What I Did In The University That Could Have Led To My Rustication by Camos: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2020
This Happened to a guy in the Exam Hall grin grin

So yr 1 second semester exam after all the warning from invigilator about using any implicating material exam commenced.

There was this guy immediately after collecting Question and Answer Booklet, without checking if the coast was clear or not brought out his Brain Support/Reminder( expo) checking for answers grin

He didn't Even write a single alphabet before he was caught by an External Invigilator..Worst aspect was all he wrote in the expo non of the answers tallied with the Question..

Pitied the guy sha because he was expelled even. Heard the guy had numerous carry over in 1st semester(4/7) and was really desperate to boost his CGPA ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Claim Of Image Of Jesus Found In The Northern Lights...(photos).. / Updated: JAMB List Of CBT Centres Approved For 2017 UTME Registration - Check / Ghanaian Boys Gang Rape A Girl At Legon University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.