Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,688 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:22 AM

What Is The Sin That Cannot Be Forgiven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Sin That Cannot Be Forgiven? (2159 Views)

Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / The "Small Sin" That Will Send The Most People To Hell-fire. / What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Sin That Cannot Be Forgiven? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
Why then was Gehazi cursed, he and his generation yet unborn?

MuttleyLaff:

"20Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said to himself, “My master was too easy on Naaman, this Aramean, by not accepting from him what he brought. As surely as the Lord lives, I will run after him and get something from him.”
21 So Gehazi hurried after Naaman. When Naaman saw him running toward him, he got down from the chariot to meet him. “Is everything all right?” he asked.
22“Everything is all right,” Gehazi answered.
“My master sent me to say, ‘Two young men from the company of the prophets have just come to me from the hill country of Ephraim. Please give them a talent of silver and two sets of clothing.’”
23“By all means, take two talents,” said Naaman. He urged Gehazi to accept them, and then tied up the two talents of silver in two bags, with two sets of clothing. He gave them to two of his servants, and they carried them ahead of Gehazi.
24When Gehazi came to the hill, he took the things from the servants and put them away in the house.
He sent the men away and they left.
25When he went in and stood before his master, Elisha asked him, “Where have you been, Gehazi?”
“Your servant didn’t go anywhere,” Gehazi answered.
26But Elisha said to him, “Was not my spirit with you when the man got down from his chariot to meet you?
Is this the time to take money or to accept clothes—or olive groves and vineyards, or flocks and herds, or male and female slaves?

27Naaman’s leprosy will cling to you and to your descendants forever.” Then Gehazi went from Elisha’s presence and his skin was leprous—it had become as white as snow."

- 2 Kings 5:20-27

How long is a piece of string? I rather would have: Did A&E commit the unforgivable sin? Can what A&E did be termed unforgivable sin?

If Apostle Peter lied three times while denying knowing Yahshua HaMashiah aka Jesus Christ and King David who was a killer and adulterer aren't deemed to have flouted Matthew 12:31-32, then, I dont see how Gehazi would have either, considering the fact that, Gehazi lied against a human being, and not the Holy Spirit. The human being's spirit he lied against witnessed the lie, and thus clearly, shows that there's no connect here in all this with Matthew 12:31-32.
Re: What Is The Sin That Cannot Be Forgiven? by Acehart: 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Gehazi’s sin was covetousness.

Prophet Elisha, said his spirit was present when Gehazi lied. He didnt say Gehazi blasphemed or lied against the Holy Spirit, but Apostle Peter specified what really transpired between Ananias and Sapphira in regards with the Holy Spirit

Why did Gehazi get such a judgement for his sin? Is there any implication of his sin? Is there more to his sin than meet the eyes?
Re: What Is The Sin That Cannot Be Forgiven? by MuttleyLaff: 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Why then was Gehazi cursed, he and his generation yet unborn?
C'mon nah Bodydialect57. Dont you know that God is the original Scientist and prophet Elisha already familiar because of his relationship with the Scientist, would know about the science of heritable diseases. Leprosy, is a contagious disease, so I won't be surprised, the blessing left him open to come under a curse and so accursed. Leprosy, afterall is caused by bacteria anyway. I am sure Elisha was simply activating some known grave consequence for taking infected things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Sin That Cannot Be Forgiven? by MuttleyLaff: 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
Acehart:
Why did Gehazi get such a judgement for his sin? Is there any implication of his sin? Is there more to his sin than meet the eyes?
To whom much is given , to whom much is required. Gehazi should have known better. Simples.
Re: What Is The Sin That Cannot Be Forgiven? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hmm? Why weren't Namaan's household infected with leprosy if as a scientist, Elisha knew the communicable nature of the disease since Namaan would have shared or touch things common to all? I think the servants too would have been infected cos they obviously loaded those gifts into the carriage, if mere touching those gifts communicated the disease to Gehazi.

MuttleyLaff:
C'mon nah Bodydialect57. Dont you know that God is the original Scientist and prophet Elisha already familiar because of his relationship with the Scientist, would know about the science of heritable diseases. Leprosy, is a contagious disease, so I won't be surprised, the blessing left him open to come under a curse and so accursed. Leprosy, afterall is caused by bacteria anyway. I am sure Elisha was simply activating some known grave consequence for taking infected things
Re: What Is The Sin That Cannot Be Forgiven? by MuttleyLaff: 10:53pm On Nov 29, 2020
Bodydialect57:
Hmm? Why weren't Namaan's household infected with leprosy if as a scientist, Elisha knew the communicable nature of the disease since Namaan would have shared or touch things common to all? I think the servants too would have been infected cos they obviously loaded those gifts into the carriage, if mere touching those gifts communicated the disease to Gehazi.
I am not going to jump into that rabbit hole with you, lmso, especially with you, being busy trying to unneccesarily split hair here, lmso.

Why dont you think about why its Miriam alone without Aaron, who got leprosy, though he too was complicit in bad mouthing Zipporah, hmm? How does one invoke blessing? How does one invoke curse?, lmso.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. / 5 Reasons Atheists Need A Separate Board (why Xtians Should Be Happy We Dont) / Something Cuts Her Body At Night.advise Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.