Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Taming His Desires 9 (18+) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Taming His Desires 9 (18+) (613 Views)

OBSESSION: Tammy’s Memoir Pt. 9 (18+) / TAMING HIS DESIRES 9 Cont’d (18+) / Burnt - Episode 9 (18+) (short Story Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taming His Desires 9 (18+) by Pancakeey(f): 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2020
ADEMIDUN’S POV

The ray of sun brightened my room and I turned my face away from the window. The chickens in the next house cackled loudly. Mr Amusa left them to his flat mates who was too busy to feed the chickens. The smell of burnt eggs accompanied with brewed coffee hit me.. Blinking my eyes open, I sat up. I could hear movements and the banging of pots from the kitchen. Demilade was always burning something if she wasn’t then she is breaking a ceramic cup or plate. I padded down the hallway into the kitchen.
“Hey there.” Demilade sang and waved the spatula she held in the air. I flashed her a smile and hopped on the table stool. And she placed a cup of coffee on the table. I grabbed a carton of milk from the fridge and poured it into the coffee.

“Why didn’t you tell me it was him?” She asked wide eyed, leaning into the table. I picked my cup, hugging it with both palms. I blew over it and took in the heat from the coffee.

“Who?” I replied.

“Enitan Williams— who else brought you home that night?” I expected Demilade to have brought it up earlier but she didn’t.

“Ohhh, I wanted telling you about it. But you’ve been breezing in and out of the house for a while now.” I lied. She rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips.

“Well, I’m here now, so you might as well tell me now”

“I’ve only seen him on TVs— I didn’t even recognize him at first.”

“You didn’t what? Even the blind would know it’s him” I scrunched my face and placed the burnt eggs sauce in a soup bowl.

“You know you don’t have to exaggerate.”

“Oh my! He’s actually hotter in person.” Demilade slapped her forehead and fanned herself with the spatula. “Too bad the media never did justice to his looks, because someone like that shouldn’t be accessible to the public eye.” She emptied the dishes in the sink. I pushed the egg in the soup bowl.

“You know what? I heard his family is messed up and I think it took a toll on everyone of them.” Demilade continued. I frowned and, lowered my fork.

“Why would you say that?”

“It’s what the media said not me. You can’t blame me for believing.” She threw her hands out, affirming it. Deep down I knew it was true but I couldn’t bring myself to talk about other people’s problem when I had mine.

“Demilade we can’t be too sure. The media never covers everything, and we all know they would do anything to make the headline news.”

“Hmm…alright then.” She shrugged. “I made yam with egg sauce. You care for some?”
I shot Demilade a stern look. And she smiled.

“It’s can’t be that bad.”

“I wish I could say the same”

“I knew I should have just gone with bread.” She tapped her chin and took the stool opposite me.

“It’s a Friday night. Why don’t we hang out at this new club on the other side of town?” she clasped her palm and pouted her lips.

“What’s with you and parties? I don’t find mixing with sweaty bodies fun.”

“Just tonight— please. And you don’t have to mix with sweaty bodies—if you don’t want to.” She blinked her eyes furiously and raised her pinky.

“Fine.” I snapped.

“We leave by 12.”
“Yes! Now what do I wear?” She mused.

For full story check [i][/i]https://thebookishyinka./2020/11/02/taming-his-desires-9/

1 Share

Re: Taming His Desires 9 (18+) by Kimcutie: 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
Following

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desires 9 (18+) by Pancakeey(f): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2020
Kimcutie:
Following
Thanks, I’ll post tomorrow

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dear Mom. / E-cover / Are You Thinking Of Having Your Own Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.