Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Kitchen Questions And Answers - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kitchen Questions And Answers (2527 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / Some Unnecessary Kitchen Gadgets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kitchen Questions And Answers by MissyB3(f): 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2011
Let's test and share knowledge.

The rule of the game is simple : Answer at least 1 question before asking yours.

*You may direct your question at a particular member, if you will.
[Just in case the person doesn't know the answer and is trying to feign ignorance of the existence of this thread or your question, trust me to draw his/her attention to it.]  grin
* You may ask whatever kinda question - Educational, funny, 'sexy' [What has sexy got to do with food? Just wait till I start  wink ] etc
* For every 5 questions you answer correctly, you will be served any food of your choice, specially prepared by Missy.  wink Thank me later, just answer kweshun for now.  cheesy

Questions :

1) Are fresh vegetables more nutritious than frozen ones?

2) a)How many minutes does it take to hard boil an egg?
    b) If it takes 2 minutes to boil an egg, how long will it take to boil 4?

3) Name at least 2 foods considered to be aphrodisiacs

Disclaimer
: [s]I tender no assurance that I have answers to all the questions asked or to be asked.[/s]  grin
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by CrazyMan(m): 5:53am On Mar 14, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Let's test and share knowledge.

The rule of the game is simple : Answer at least 1 question before asking yours.

*You may direct your question at a particular member, if you will.
[Just in case the person doesn't know the answer and is trying to feign ignorance of the existence of this thread or your question, trust me to draw his/her attention to it.]  grin
* You may ask whatever kinda question - Educational, funny, 'sexy' [What has sexy got to do with food? Just wait till I start  wink ] etc
* For every 5 questions you answer correctly, you will be served any food of your choice, specially prepared by Missy.  wink Thank me later, just answer kweshun for now.  cheesy

Questions :

1) Are fresh vegetables more nutritious than frozen ones?
Answer: Yes

Missy ★ B:

2) a)How many minutes does it take to hard boil an egg?
    b) If it takes 2 minutes to boil an egg, how long will it take to boil 4?
a)2minutes
b)It would take 8 minutes to boil 4 eggs.

Missy ★ B:

3) Name at least 2 foods considered to be aphrodisiacs
Carrot and banana. smiley

Now to my question. . .

Would you spend the night with me? smiley
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by MissyB3(f): 11:08am On Mar 14, 2011
CrazyMan:

Answer: Yes
Not so true!
Frozen vegetables can be more nutritious than the 'fresh' vegetables you get from the supermarket as, it takes some time before the latter gets to us, considering the process it has to go through before being delivered to sellers and, the nutritional content of fresh vegetables begins to depreciate from the minute they are picked.

CrazyMan:

a)2minutes
b)It would take 8 minutes to boil 4 eggs.
a) 10-12 minutes
b) Idem. Olodo grin

CrazyMan:

Carrot and banana. smiley
Correct wink

CrazyMan:

Would you spend the night with me?  smiley
No!

Questions :

1) Are there foods that are less suitable for freezng?

2) Are dull knives more dangerous than sharp knives?
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by v3: 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2011
@OP
Never tried freezing rice/yam before so it's less suitable. **Not because i haven't tried, doesn't mean someone hasn't donnit**

About the knives. .depends who's holding em. smiley
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by MissyB3(f): 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
v3:

@OP
Never tried freezing rice/yam before so it's less suitable. **Not because i haven't tried, doesn't mean someone hasn't donnit**
Any food that is fatty and/or presalted. **I do freeze yam**

v3:

About the knives. .depends who's holding em. smiley
It depends. My answer is Yes, though.

Questions :
1) The fork should be held in the right hand and knife in the left. True or false

2) Between water and red oil, which is indispensable in the preparation of owo soup?
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by Brite02(m): 3:30pm On Mar 14, 2011
@missy B
Q1. False
2. Never ate that soup so i can tell which is which.

Now, my food na grin where's the surprise package!
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by Freiburger(m): 3:46pm On Mar 14, 2011
My answers are:
1)- Yes
2a)- 4-6minutes, coz all eggs are not the same.
2b)-2min when boiled at the same time.
3)- food made from bananna, chocolate, gerlic(mostly used by Asians) are all regarded as aphrodisiacs meals.
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by chamotex(m): 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2011
angry angry angry
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by Freiburger(m): 12:50am On Mar 15, 2011
^^ who get your time?
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by CrazyMan(m): 1:33am On Mar 15, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Questions :
1) The fork should be held in the right hand and knife in the left. True or false
I think the fork should be held in the left hand, and the knife in the right hand. wink

Missy ★ B:

2) Between water and red oil, which is indispensable in the preparation of owo soup?
Truth is I don’t know owo soup; never heard of it before. embarassed embarassed

Now to my question?

What are the essential Ingredients required in preparing Nkowbi
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by nonnyp(f): 10:54am On Mar 15, 2011
Meat, palm oil,seasoning cubes, utazi,salt,ugba(oil bean),fresh pepper are d essential ingredients of nkwobi.
Re: Kitchen Questions And Answers by MissyB3(f): 10:59am On Mar 15, 2011
Brite02:

Q1. False
CrazyMan:

I think the fork should be held in the left hand, and the knife in the right hand.  wink
Correct!

CrazyMan:

Cow leg, ground pepper, ground potash, palm oil, maggi, onions

nonnyp:

Meat, palm oil,seasoning cubes, utazi,salt,ugba(oil bean),fresh pepper are d essential ingredients of nkwobi.
Ask a question wink

chamotex:

angry angry angry
kiss kiss kiss

Questions :
1) Name 5 foods that begin with letter D

(1) (Reply)

How To Make And Produce Wheat Meal (quaker Oat) Foodchefblog.com / How To Make Banana Date (dabino) Smoothie. Very Easy Steps / Frozen Food Business Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.