Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV (35595 Views)

How To Increase The Lifespan Of Your LED TV / SOLD!!!! Very Clean 32inch UMC Led Tv For Sale 40k / USED LAPTOP, PHONE & LED TV AT AFFORDABLE PRICE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:49am On Nov 04, 2020
TV is a home appliance that keeps serving us over long periods. But most of us take our TVs for granted. We also expect that it would continue to serve us nonstop without any maintenance.

You might wonder if it is that necessary to maintain your TV, I mean it is just a TV, isn't it?

Well, maintaining a TV will not just save you from last-minute expensive repairs but also help extend the life of your TV.

Some of us often end up ignoring some of the most important things to do like, keeping the TV and its surroundings free from dust, as dust can leave the screen damaged. These things might seem unimportant, but they go a long way in ensuring that your TV gives you the best performance for a very long time.

LED TVs do provide the brightest and beautiful pictures. It is a high-cost investment that no one wants to replace it in a few years. As we all know, prevention is better than cure. Therefore, the following few tips to maintain your LED TV set will save you the cost of repairing and replacing new parts and most importantly, will extend the life of your LED TV.

1. Ensure your LED TV is well Ventilated.
It is best to use your TV in an open space without humidity so that it cools by itself when you turn off your television. Its ventilation system can be found behind the screen, to protect your TV from overheating, ensure that the rear of the TV is fixed at least 2 to 6 inches away from the wall and the sides of the TV have over 4 inches of ventilation space.

If you have the TV placed in a compact cabinet, replace it with a more spacious cabinet or consider mounting your TV on the wall. For ventilation, you can also place a standing fan close to the TV. This is so that when you are using it, the internal circuit would not heat as much, thereby increasing the lifespan.

2. Install a Voltage Regulator
It is highly recommended that you always use a quality electrical surge suppression device or battery-based uninterruptible power supply (UPS) on the electrical power to the TV to protect it from electrical power issues. Seeing as we are living in a country where unstable electricity is the norm, it would be best if to keep all your electronic devices safe most especially your TV.

3. Temperature and Humidity Check.
A Product lifetime can be shortened when it is used under conditions of high temperature and humidity. And so it is highly recommended to use the product at room temperature and humidity to maintain its optimum performance. When exposed to the drastic fluctuation of temperature (hot to cold or cold to hot), the product may be affected.

It is advisable not to use Televisions in places where the temperature is high. If you do so, then there's a high chance that it would damage faster. Also, never keep the TV at very low temperatures and high humidity. It is ideal to utilize your TV in an open space without humidity so it cools independently from anyone else when you switch off your TV.

4. Turn off your LED TV regularly.
When not in use or sleep mode, power your LED TV off, straight from the plugboard. This will save power and more importantly, it will help to extend your TV lifespan. If you are doing something else while using your TV in the background or even if you sleep while watching something, this gradually tends to become a habit.

The lifecycle of a television set is about 65,000 hours. Some people think it is okay to leave their displays open to provide background noise; they believe that 65,000 hours is a long time to burn through. However, what they don’t know is that leaving their TVs for 3 hours could equate to about 1,000 hours per year. This means that their LED TVs would probably not going to last long.

5. Adjust your LED TV brightness.
Adjusting the brightness settings to the maximum level at all times can also reduce the lifespan of your TV in the long run. You need to note that LED TVs have white lights or sometimes RGB lights and these lights might dim over time. When they start to dim, it is the signal of an upcoming end of a lifespan.
It is therefore advisable to lower the brightness of your TV. Generally, it is seen that most LED TVs are normally adjusted to their highest setting. This adversely affects their longevity as with full brightness, they would surely use up their longevity. And so, by lowering the brightness level, you can to some extent ensure they last longer.

6. Keep your LED TV and its surroundings super clean.
It is recommended to dust the TV area every day, as dust can leave the TV screen damaged. You should also get good quality products that are meant for cleaning your TV sets. Sometimes, dust accumulates on the screen, affecting visibility. While dusting, ensure to use a microfiber cloth, they are very effective for dusting as well as cleaning objects and TV sets.
A dusty environment has a chance to induce a short circuit. That can cause non-recoverable damage to the screen of the TV. So always keep the television in dust-free and clean surroundings. Also, Plasma, LCD, and LED TV’s are delicate to static electricity. So it is crucial to use only anti-static cleaners and cloths.

Cheers to Longlasting Electronics use!!
https://zit.ng/electronics-store/how-to-increase-the-lifespan-of-a-led-tv/

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by StPete: 5:38am On Nov 04, 2020
Very well explained. This is a good thread

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by bestman09(m): 7:36am On Nov 04, 2020
grin
Thanks OP.
The most important advice should be for everyone to imbibe maintenance culture for every property, electronics inclusive, not just LED TVs.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by Officialhorlah(m): 7:36am On Nov 04, 2020
Nice And Useful information grin

7 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by slawormiir: 7:37am On Nov 04, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Haba bros op

Na because of led tv way nor reach 200 thousand naira you write this long article for.. infact some nor even reach 100 thousand naira

Haaaa....poverty and brokenness

Ogbeni op...once tv spoil...throw way am make you buy new one joor....

Being broke is good but staying broke for too long is the bad thing...that im dey result in this kind of thread

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by BigDawsNet: 7:37am On Nov 04, 2020
less than 2 years give it out

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by Viktoreze(m): 7:37am On Nov 04, 2020
“Find out where the people are going and buy the land before they get there.” ~William Penn Adair

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by adez33(m): 7:37am On Nov 04, 2020
2nd at last

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by Lanretoye(m): 7:37am On Nov 04, 2020
in nigeria nos 4 is by default because nepa go turn am off for you regularly.

31 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by ATEAMS: 7:37am On Nov 04, 2020
I like people who have a sense of individuality. I love expression and anything awkward and imperfect, because that’s natural and that’s real.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by Ray07(m): 7:38am On Nov 04, 2020
Naso
Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:38am On Nov 04, 2020
Good thread.
Nice one OP

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by phransix2: 7:38am On Nov 04, 2020
Educative

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by pendusky(m): 7:38am On Nov 04, 2020
how do we maintain our social media from damage ooh ?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by tetralogyfallot(m): 7:38am On Nov 04, 2020
Good hints

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by kennyflames(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2020
Rocking Sony bravia Engine 43 inch. cool

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by opalu: 7:39am On Nov 04, 2020
OP thanks for the info.

Meanwhile, if you need Architectural and Structural designs, check my number at my signature. Design and Build
Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by PotatoSalad(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2020
Should be for OLED jare.
LED TV don't need any much maintenance

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by kambili999(f): 7:40am On Nov 04, 2020
Thank u sir for this beautiful piece

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by sirnoah(m): 7:40am On Nov 04, 2020
noted buddy... avoid the use of I pass my neighbor generator and thank me later

3 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by sammysmiles(m): 7:40am On Nov 04, 2020
cool
Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by KayCee92(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
grin
Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by bishop4life(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Good.

But after all these, PHCN will give you high,low,lower, higher, high , off, on,off, very very high.

Then there we go... Gbooaaaaaaa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by Beno3: 7:41am On Nov 04, 2020
Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by uBuNiT: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
Good
Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by ignis: 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
TV dey breath ?
Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by FunnyDude(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2020
God should keep providing for us to keep replacing the TV every year...

Poverty is the cause of all these kind threads

4 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by davies(m): 7:44am On Nov 04, 2020
Thanks for this great piece of information. I'm saving it right away cos I'm very much ignorant of some facts here.

Is it advisable to charge your phone with ur TV?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by akin83590: 7:44am On Nov 04, 2020
OP thanks for the info.Meanwhile, if you need Architectural and Structural designs, check my number at my signature. Design and Build
Re: 6 Ways To Increase The Lifespan Of An LED TV by teacherbim(f): 7:45am On Nov 04, 2020
I want to get a new Television for my dad,I so much like Samsung and LG but popsy says he wants Hisense, please is Hisense also good?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Face. cap camera, Wallclock& Bible Cameras at Affordable rates ( 08187740000 ) / Iphones In Stock (Kindly check my last post to know d latest. thanks ) / I Buy Itunes, Amazon, Walmart And Other Gift Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.