Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Brown Stew Chicken - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Brown Stew Chicken (716 Views)

How To Prepare Ekuru/ofuloju (white Moimoi And Stew) / How To Make Fish Stew / The Best Nigerian Chicken Stew (tomato Stew) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brown Stew Chicken by miniming: 4:44am On Nov 05, 2020
Brown stew chicken

The perfect blend of spices and tender chicken in a rich vegetable sauce makes this stew one of our favourites!

Ingredients

8 chicken thighs, skin removed
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
5 pimento berries, crushed
1 tsp browning or dark soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
½ red pepper, sliced
½ green or yellow pepper, sliced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 brown onion, chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp cornflour
handful fresh thyme
1 tsp hot pepper sauce or 1 whole Scotch bonnet chilli
1 large tomato, chopped
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 Scotch bonnet chilli, seeds removed, chopped

Method

Place the chicken in a bowl and add the salt, black pepper, all-purpose seasoning, garlic, pimento berries, browning, sugar, peppers, spring onion and onion. Mix together, put cling film over the bowl and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (or overnight if possible).

Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the chicken mixture and cook the vegetables and chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is brown. Mix the cornflour with 500ml/18fl oz water and add to the pan. Add the thyme, hot pepper sauce, tomato, ketchup and chilli. Mix well, cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes, until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove the whole Scotch bonnet, if using, before serving.

Recipe Tips : https://www.jokerx2.com/game-sanook/
Re: Brown Stew Chicken by symbianDON(m): 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2020
looks delicious!
Re: Brown Stew Chicken by isabellajohn247: 8:15am On Nov 07, 2020
Brown stew chicken looks too tasty, and I am really interested to try this dish. The clear details of the ingredients make it more understanding. I think I can try dslr camera kerala this next weekend. I love to try such incredible dishes.
Re: Brown Stew Chicken by pozehnani(f): 9:51am On Nov 07, 2020
Hmm.. is this who I'm suspecting it is? anyways, nice job as usual.

This is Finger-licking

(1) (Reply)

Cooking In School Hostel / Connect To Zain Internet For 1year Without Paying A Kobo For Just 200naira. / Pls Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.