Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Joomla Wahala - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Wahala (2394 Views)

Why Is Google Adsense So Wicked?? See Me See Wahala Oo / Jamb Website 2012 Registration Wahala! / Dreamweaver - Internet Explorer Wahala! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Wahala by schneid: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2011
Pls genius in the house, what doest the following error message mean.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bettaway/public_html/libraries/joomla/access/access.php on line 318

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bettaway/public_html/libraries/joomla/plugin/helper.php on line 46

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bettaway/public_html/libraries/joomla/plugin/helper.php on line 46

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bettaway/public_html/includes/application.php on line 435

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/bettaway/public_html/templates/beez_20/error.php on line 11

Here is the gist:
1) i insatalled joomla 1.5 on one of my website through control panel. Fine it worked to the point i can view the site and log into the admin.

2) secondly, i export my sql database from my local to remote and the KATAKATA BURST.

WHAT WENT WRONG?

SECON PROBLEM: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY OF INSTALLING JOOMLA?
1) THROUGH FTP?
2) THROUGH CPANEL
3)THROUGH MANUAL

FOR EACH OF THIS STEPS, PLS CAN I GET A STEP BY STEP GUIDE. IT SEEMS AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG Expecially when i have to edit the configuration.php.
IS THAT COMPULSORY

PROBLEM 3
Joomla 1.6 seems not to be recognising site i designed with joomla 1.5, the templates does not come up on the site after changing to default at the admin backend. The site was successfuly hosted when i still had joomla 1.5 on my webhosting cpanel. But i realised its now 1.6 and I WILL VERY MUCH WANT TO UNISTALL THIS AND REPLACE WITH JOOMLA 1.5 WHICH AM VERY COMFORTABLE WITH.

ABEG O
help
Re: Joomla Wahala by joomlaman(m): 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2011
Here are my answers to ur questions;

1) You wrongly exported ur sql database from ur local to remote, that is why the KATAKATA BURST
Ok, see "How to Move a Joomla Site from Local to Remote Server" @ www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/how-to-move-a-jomla-site-from-local-to-live-server/

2) THE BEST WAY OF INSTALLING JOOMLA is THROUGH CPANEL
See details @ www.bintacomputers.com/umar/LearningJoomlaFast.pdf

3) Joomla 1.6 can not recognise d site u designed with joomla 1.5 until u UP GRADE joomla 1.5 to joomla 1.6
See "How to Migrate or Upgrade Joomla 1.5 to 1.6 " @ www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/how-to-migrate-or-upgrade-joomla-15-to-16/

I hope my contribution help
Enjoy!
Re: Joomla Wahala by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 15, 2011
joomlaman to the rescue.nice work about viewing to joomla for a project am familiar with zend framework and MVC.i hope its the same can i use Zend in Joomla or its just overkill.
Re: Joomla Wahala by schneid: 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2011
thanks joomla man. i will see to that. But if i get hooked, will u be willing to upload for me while i send the ftp login.
thanks
Re: Joomla Wahala by Ecash1: 2:56am On Mar 16, 2011
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY OF INSTALLING JOOMLA?
1) THROUGH FTP?
2) THROUGH CPANEL
3)THROUGH MANUAL

By far the most stress free way of installing Joomla is via the Cpanel : Simple scripts ,Quick install or the fantastico as your host may call it.
By all means try and avoid FTP, you are likely to run into problem with database.By the way, all the methods have manual grin.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Prevent My Website From Being Hacked? / Nairaland Has Dumped Google Adsense? / How Many Active Bloggers Are In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.