Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby (9301 Views)

Categories Of Actions In Islam / Muslims Follow Jesus In Actions And Love Him In Their Hearts . / Muslims! Seven Actions You Must Not Miss During The Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Realismailakabir: 12:27am On Nov 06, 2020
Question

what should I do or be prepared with in receiving my new born baby in 1 or two days time. Any sunnah that I should follow.

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

We ask Allaah to bless your new baby for you and to make him among the righteous and pious so that he will weigh in the balance of your good deeds, because it was reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the son of Adam dies, all his good deeds come to an end, apart from three: sadaqah jaariyah (ongoing charity, such as a waqf or endowment), beneficial knowledge, and a righteous son who will pray for him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 1631).

Secondly:

There is no action prescribed in sharee’ah for preparing to welcome a new baby a day or two before he is born, as far as we know. But one can recite general du’aa’s, such as praying for the newborn to be safe and sound, to be guided, and so on. Allaah mentioned in His Book the prayer of the righteous woman, the wife of ‘Imraan, who said (interpretation of the meaning):

“(Remember) when the wife of ‘Imraan said: ‘O my Lord! I have vowed to You what (the child that) is in my womb to be dedicated for Your services (free from all worldly work; to serve Your place of worship), so accept this from me. Verily, You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knowing.’

Then when she gave birth to her [child Maryam (Mary)], she said: ‘O my Lord! I have given birth to a female child,’ — and Allaah knew better what she brought forth, — ‘And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam (Mary), and I seek refuge with You (Allaah) for her and for her offspring from Shaytaan (Satan), the outcast.’” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:35-36]

There follows an outline of what should be done on the day of the child’s birth, and after that:

It is mustahabb to do tahneek for the baby and to pray for him.

It was reported that Abu Moosa said: “I had a baby boy, and I brought him to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He named him Ibraaheem, did Tahneek with some dates and prayed for Allaah to bless him, then he gave him back to me.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5150; Muslim, 2145). Tahneek means putting something sweet, such as dates or honey, in the child’s mouth when he is first born.

It is permissible to name the child on the first day or on the seventh.

It was reported that Anas ibn Maalik said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A boy was born to me this night and I have named him with the name of my father Ibraaheem.” (Narrated by Muslim, 3126).

It was reported that ‘Aa’ishah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did ‘aqeeqah for al-Hasan and al-Husayn on the seventh day, and gave them their names. (Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan, 12/127; al-Haakim, 4/264. Classed as saheeh by al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 9/589).

‘Aqeeqah and circumcision

It was reported from Salmaan ibn ‘Aamir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For the boy there should be an ‘aqeeqah. Slaughter (an animal) for him and remove the harmful thing [i.e., the foreskin] from him.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1515; al-Nasaa’i, 4214; Abu Dawood, 2839; Ibn Maajah, 3164. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Irwaa’, 4/396).

It was reported that Samurah ibn Jundub (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A boy is ransomed by his ‘aqeeqah. Sacrifice should be made for him on the seventh day, he should be given a name and his head should be shaved.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1522; al-Nasaa’i, 4220 and Abu Dawood, 2838. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Irwaa’ 4/385).

Imaam ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Among the benefits of ‘aqeeqah are:

It is a sacrifice by means of which the child is brought close to Allaah soon after he comes into this world.

It is a ransom for the newborn; his ‘aqeeqah ransoms him so that he can intercede for his parents.

It is a sacrifice by which the newborn is ransomed just as Allaah ransomed Ismaa’eel with the ram. (Tuhfat al-Mawdood, p. 69).

Perhaps another benefit of the ‘aqeeqah is the gathering of relatives and friends for the waleemah (feast).

4.Circumcision is part of the Sunan al-Fitrah (practices related to the pure and natural inclinations of man). It is obligatory in the case of boys because it is connected to matters of purity which are essential conditions of prayer.

It was reported from Abu Hurayrah: “Five things are related to the Fitrah: circumcision, removing the pubic hairs, plucking the armpit hairs, cutting the nails, and trimming the moustache.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5550; Muslim, 257).

Thirdly:

Among the Sunnahs for welcoming the newborn, the scholars mentioned that the Adhaan should be recited into the baby’s right ear so that the first thing he hears in this world will be the words of Tawheed, which will have a great and blessed effect on the child. With regard to reciting the iqaamah in the child’s left ear, there is nothing to prove that this is required. (See al-Silsilat al-Da’eefah, 1/491).

Fourthly:

Shaving the child’s head then anointing the child’s head with saffron is very beneficial. Then it is prescribed to give in charity gold or silver equal in weight to the hair. This does not have to be done by actually weighing the hair; if it is too difficult to do that, it is sufficient to estimate the weight and give paper currency equivalent to the price of that amount of gold or silver. We ask Allaah to protect us and our children from all evil and to keep them safe and sound in this world and in the Hereafter. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/7889/islamic-actions-for-welcoming-a-new-baby

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Realismailakabir: 12:28am On Nov 06, 2020
Summary:

Call Adhan to the both ear of your new born after birth.

cleanse the baby by shaving and circumcising him.

Give him a very good name out of names of prophets i.e Muhammad, Musa, Isah, Ibraeem, Nuh, Ismaila or out of the 99 names of Allah on 7th day.

Kill a ram/he-goat etc as sacrifice for the neww born

Make charity on his/her behalf.

Samurah Bin Jundub (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger(SAW) said,
“Every child is mortgaged with its aqeeqah, which is to be slaughtered for it on its seventh day. On that day, it should
also be named, and its head should be shaved.”

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by AntiChristian: 6:59am On Nov 06, 2020
We ask Allah to grant the singles spouses that would be the coolness of their eyes.

May the newly married or those looking for the fruit of the womb conceive and put to bed successfully.

And may those pregnant give birth to righteous offspring that would an addition to Islam.

May Allah Grant us the best part of paradise.

19 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Risingblue008(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2020
Too much ups and down here

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Abayolaid: 10:01am On Nov 06, 2020
Realismailakabir:

Question

what should I do or be prepared with in receiving my new born baby in 1 or two days time. Any sunnah that I should follow.

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

We ask Allaah to bless your new baby for you and to make him among the righteous and pious so that he will weigh in the balance of your good deeds, because it was reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the son of Adam dies, all his good deeds come to an end, apart from three: sadaqah jaariyah (ongoing charity, such as a waqf or endowment), beneficial knowledge, and a righteous son who will pray for him.” (Narrated by Muslim, 1631).

Secondly:

There is no action prescribed in sharee’ah for preparing to welcome a new baby a day or two before he is born, as far as we know. But one can recite general du’aa’s, such as praying for the newborn to be safe and sound, to be guided, and so on. Allaah mentioned in His Book the prayer of the righteous woman, the wife of ‘Imraan, who said (interpretation of the meaning):

“(Remember) when the wife of ‘Imraan said: ‘O my Lord! I have vowed to You what (the child that) is in my womb to be dedicated for Your services (free from all worldly work; to serve Your place of worship), so accept this from me. Verily, You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knowing.’

Then when she gave birth to her [child Maryam (Mary)], she said: ‘O my Lord! I have given birth to a female child,’ — and Allaah knew better what she brought forth, — ‘And the male is not like the female, and I have named her Maryam (Mary), and I seek refuge with You (Allaah) for her and for her offspring from Shaytaan (Satan), the outcast.’” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:35-36]

There follows an outline of what should be done on the day of the child’s birth, and after that:

It was reported that Abu Moosa said: “I had a baby boy, and I brought him to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He named him Ibraaheem, did Tahneek with some dates and prayed for Allaah to bless him, then he gave him back to me.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5150; Muslim, 2145). Tahneek means putting something sweet, such as dates or honey, in the child’s mouth when he is first born.

It was reported that Anas ibn Maalik said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A boy was born to me this night and I have named him with the name of my father Ibraaheem.” (Narrated by Muslim, 3126).

It was reported that ‘Aa’ishah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did ‘aqeeqah for al-Hasan and al-Husayn on the seventh day, and gave them their names. (Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan, 12/127; al-Haakim, 4/264. Classed as saheeh by al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 9/589).

It was reported from Salmaan ibn ‘Aamir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For the boy there should be an ‘aqeeqah. Slaughter (an animal) for him and remove the harmful thing [i.e., the foreskin] from him.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1515; al-Nasaa’i, 4214; Abu Dawood, 2839; Ibn Maajah, 3164. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Irwaa’, 4/396).

It was reported that Samurah ibn Jundub (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A boy is ransomed by his ‘aqeeqah. Sacrifice should be made for him on the seventh day, he should be given a name and his head should be shaved.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1522; al-Nasaa’i, 4220 and Abu Dawood, 2838. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, may Allaah have mercy on him, in al-Irwaa’ 4/385).

It is a sacrifice by means of which the child is brought close to Allaah soon after he comes into this world.

It is a ransom for the newborn; his ‘aqeeqah ransoms him so that he can intercede for his parents.

It is a sacrifice by which the newborn is ransomed just as Allaah ransomed Ismaa’eel with the ram. (Tuhfat al-Mawdood, p. 69).

Perhaps another benefit of the ‘aqeeqah is the gathering of relatives and friends for the waleemah (feast).

4.Circumcision is part of the Sunan al-Fitrah (practices related to the pure and natural inclinations of man). It is obligatory in the case of boys because it is connected to matters of purity which are essential conditions of prayer.

It was reported from Abu Hurayrah: “Five things are related to the Fitrah: circumcision, removing the pubic hairs, plucking the armpit hairs, cutting the nails, and trimming the moustache.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5550; Muslim, 257).

Thirdly:

Among the Sunnahs for welcoming the newborn, the scholars mentioned that the Adhaan should be recited into the baby’s right ear so that the first thing he hears in this world will be the words of Tawheed, which will have a great and blessed effect on the child. With regard to reciting the iqaamah in the child’s left ear, there is nothing to prove that this is required. (See al-Silsilat al-Da’eefah, 1/491).

Fourthly:

Shaving the child’s head then anointing the child’s head with saffron is very beneficial. Then it is prescribed to give in charity gold or silver equal in weight to the hair. This does not have to be done by actually weighing the hair; if it is too difficult to do that, it is sufficient to estimate the weight and give paper currency equivalent to the price of that amount of gold or silver. We ask Allaah to protect us and our children from all evil and to keep them safe and sound in this world and in the Hereafter. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:01am On Nov 06, 2020
alajanah fura da nunu amin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Abayolaid: 10:04am On Nov 06, 2020
I dedicate quran 19:33 to every new born babies.
Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by aleeyus(m): 10:05am On Nov 06, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
alajanah fura da nunu amin
Must you comment on Islam section?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Stalwert: 10:05am On Nov 06, 2020
Bookmarked
Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by sakam(m): 10:09am On Nov 06, 2020
Jazakahlau khaeran

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by marvin906(m): 10:11am On Nov 06, 2020
My Muslim terro I mean brother's...
Happy Friday...
Please reduce the quantity of bullish.it today..
I like this thread good start

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:12am On Nov 06, 2020
aleeyus:
Must you comment on Islam section?
allahu meshaliyu amin

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by ArewaHero(m): 10:18am On Nov 06, 2020
marvin906:
My Muslim terro I mean brother's... Happy Friday... Please reduce the quantity of bullish.it today.. I like this thread good start
you this sad man again

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Stargurl20(f): 10:22am On Nov 06, 2020
AntiChristian:
We ask Allah to grant the singles spouses that would be the coolness of their eyes.

May the newly married or those looking for the fruit of the womb conceive and put to bed successfully.

And may those pregnant give birth to righteous offspring that would an addition to Islam.

Allahumma Ameen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by ruggedmallaam(m): 10:25am On Nov 06, 2020
I learnt it is better if you have the means to slaughter two rams for a boy and one for a girl.Is this the Sunnah?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by marvin906(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2020
ArewaHero:
you this sad man again

Yes oooo
Am very sad..
Now take a hike

5 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by ArewaHero(m): 10:34am On Nov 06, 2020
marvin906:

Yes oooo Am very sad.. Now take a hike
. then stop commenting on every Muslim posts

1 Like

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Hardeshyna(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2020
Ma sha Allah... i ll have to give in a charity for the hair weight of my new born baby...

Someone mentioned something about it but i rebuffed it... i ll in sha Allah do it...

Jazakum lah khairan

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Oricha79(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2020
I'm learning here
Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by marvin906(m): 10:40am On Nov 06, 2020
ArewaHero:
. then stop commenting on every Muslim posts

Cause you're who again..
Oga go knack head for ground time go soon reach

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by womenareapes: 10:53am On Nov 06, 2020
give your life to Christ Jesus you sinners of Muhammed!

don't you know that Mohammed was lead by the devil to commit atrocities?

"I'm the way and the truth and life, no one comes through the father except through me"

give your life to Christ Jesus and experience true peace, peace that calm the universe.

not this fake peace that comes through suicide bombing, beheading and terrorist attacks.

check your heart and you know it deep down your soul that you are living in bondage and fear of death. comes to Jesus Christ and be free of all this.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Oizee(f): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2020
Jazakallahu khair

1 Like

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Tonimax: 11:05am On Nov 06, 2020
I dedicate Qur'an 15:66
To every new born baby
Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Oricha79(m): 11:06am On Nov 06, 2020
Realismailakabir:

Summary:

Call Adhan to the both ear of your new born after birth.

cleanse the baby by shaving and circumcising him.

Give him a very good name out of names of prophets i.e Muhammad, Musa, Isah, Ibraeem, Nuh, Ismaila or out of the 99 names of Allah on 7th day.

Kill a ram/he-goat etc as sacrifice for the neww born

Make charity on his/her behalf.

Samurah Bin Jundub (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger(SAW) said,
“Every child is mortgaged with its aqeeqah, which is to be slaughtered for it on its seventh day. On that day, it should
also be named, and its head should be shaved.”
what is the best name to choose for a female child sir?
Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Alennsar(f): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2020
ruggedmallaam:
I learnt it is better if you have the means to slaughter two rams for a boy and one for a girl.Is this the Sunnah?

Yes if you have the means but if not only one will suffice and if you can't afford any leave it to qadar.
Allah does not burden his servants with what is beyond them. There is no sin against anyone who cannot afford it.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Alennsar(f): 11:17am On Nov 06, 2020
Oricha79:
what is the best name to choose for a female child sir?
There are many of them with beautiful meaning too.

Maryam
Aminat
Hamidat
Aisha
Khadijat
Fatimah
Zulaykah
Bilkisu
Umul-kulthum
Zainab
Lateefat
Faridat

And many more but know the meaning of what you're naming your child.
Assalamualaykum waramotullah wabarakatuh.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Alennsar(f): 11:30am On Nov 06, 2020
womenareapes:
give your life to Christ Jesus you sinners of Muhammed!

don't you know that Mohammed was lead by the devil to commit atrocities?

"I'm the way and the truth and life, no one comes through the father except through me"

give your life to Christ Jesus and experience true peace, peace that calm the universe.

not this fake peace that comes through suicide bombing, beheading and terrorist attacks.

check your heart and you know it deep down your soul that you are living in bondage and fear of death. comes to Jesus Christ and be free of all this.
You're the most pathetic person I have ever seen. Jesus is the light of the world during his time just like every other Prophet's before him and you cannot know or follow God's rules and commands except through their Teachings. When one Prophet leaves the world, God sends another one to guide the people to the truth. All Prophet's of God are the same. They were all sent by God to convey his messages and guide them to the right path, none of them is a god or the son of God, they are all servants of God.
And please stop fooling yourself because Jesus won't save you or anyone. Only God almighty who sends Jesus can save. Jesus never asked anyone to worship him talkless of saving anybody, he depends on God almighty and so is all the human beings.
I hope you realize the truth before it is too late.

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Pumpido75(m): 11:43am On Nov 06, 2020
AntiChristian:

Ameen-yah-Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by advocatejare(m): 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
Observing
Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by NeoWanZaeed(m): 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
Realismailakabir:

Question

Answer

Praise be to Allah.

Firstly:

Secondly:

Thirdly:

Fourthly:

brother.. so many things are wrong in this write up.. some are bidah and some of the dalil you brought are daif..

Killing rams for aqiqah has nothing to do with those benefits you listed because prophet didn't say anything about it

walimah aqiqah is bidah. prophet and sahabahs didn't do it

calling adhan into the ear is Hadith daif

thaniq is for prophet alone. he's the one that has blessings.. no one else has that.. no one should we take our kid to for thaniq

weighing of hair is also daif too..

be careful when copying and pasting..

read through first before posting.

don't push people into Shirk brother
Re: Islamic Actions For Welcoming A New Baby by Oricha79(m): 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
Alennsar:

There are many of them with beautiful meaning too.

Maryam
Aminat
Hamidat
Aisha
Khadijat
Fatimah
Zulaykah
Bilkisu
Umul-kulthum
Zainab
Lateefat
Faridat

And many more but know the meaning of what you're naming your child.
Assalamualaykum waramotullah wabarakatuh.
thanks, I really appreciate Sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hijamah Or Cupping,The forgotten Sunnatic practice / What To Be Done If Eid Coincides With Jumuah (friday)? / Happy Islamic New Year 1431

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.