Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,317 members, 7,864,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:42 PM

Jessica Tata Closer To Being Caught - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jessica Tata Closer To Being Caught (1188 Views)

56 Yr Old Man And His 13 Yr Old Step Daughter Paraded Naked After Being Caught / Man Burnt By Wife After Being Caught Cheating[photo] / Jessica Tata Captured In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jessica Tata Closer To Being Caught by mamagee3(f): 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2011
HOUSTON - The young owner of Houston home-based child care center who was classified as an international fugitive could be close to getting caught.

Jessica Tata has been tracked to an area in Rivers State, Nigeria, says U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee.

Tata, 22, allegedly left 7 babies, all alone, at her home-based child care facility while she went out for groceries. Four of those young children died after a fire broke out. Tata disappeared, allegedly escaping to Nigeria.

“We do know that she is now narrowed in a particular area in one of the cities, Port Harcourt," says Congresswoman Jackson Lee.

"Our law enforcement authorities will not let up. ,  I am making a plea to Ms. Tata's family. They are still here in Houston. There are many, and I am personally pleading with you today to bring your loved one, your relative, your daughter, your sister home."

Congresswoman Jackson Lee gathered with pastors Sunday in the Nigerian community of Houston.
The group is pleading for Tata to turn herself in or for family members to do it for her.

“They can't continue to deny their support. We encourage them to come forward and be a part of the solution," said Pastor Felix Awotula from The Redeemed Christian Church of God.

“For how long can this young lady live like this? There can be no closure for the parents who lost their children, but there can be no closure for Jessica as long as she is on the run," said Minister Tina Edebor from The Christian Herald.

“Jessica, I want you to know you do have a Nigerian family here. Not just your own family, but all of us. The faith community is praying about this. We're praying for you," said Rebekah Ayodele from Church of the Nations.

“We are going to be here to stand with her and support them through whatever process," said Dr. David Okumgba, pastor of Shiloh The Tabernacle of Praise.

"The healing process will not be complete without justice."

“We hope that family members will reach any of these faith leaders to consult with them and get the strength to get their daughter to come back," said Rep. Jackson Lee. She also says she is investigating claims that Tata received federal funding for her home child care center.

Congresswoman Jackson Lee adds she is also concerned about the child care licensing process in Texas, including the minimal training requirments. She says she is concerned that people as young as 18 years old can legally obtain a license to own a child care center.

Nigeria has a population of almost 160 million people spread among 250 tribes.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/international/110313-fugitive-jessica-tata
Re: Jessica Tata Closer To Being Caught by julioralph(m): 10:50pm On Mar 14, 2011
sad i feel so sorry 4 d girl, hope she turns herself in.
Re: Jessica Tata Closer To Being Caught by chillbabe(f): 2:12am On Mar 15, 2011
And she will get life without parool. Very sad for her. A young girls life waisted. But y would they give a young girl like that a permit. According to scients our brain will develop untill we are 21 hhmm and she is 22 years only
Re: Jessica Tata Closer To Being Caught by mamagee3(f): 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^I bet the FBI and the children's parents don't care about that. ,

They just want her rotting in jail for the rest of her life.

(1) (Reply)

20 Corpses Found At Onitsha / At 9 I'm A Burglar And An Indian Hemp Smoker / 2 Pakistani Girls Shot Dead For Making A Video Of Themselves Dancing In The Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.