Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,472 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor (1195 Views)

Chelsea And United Join Tottenham The Race For Pickford / Pochettino: I Gave Tottenham The Best Of Me / The Mourinho Season, The Ranieri Season And Maybe The Conte Season By Soibi Rans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by RedPhoenix: 11:55am On Nov 06, 2020
How will you rate Tottenham under Mourinho?

Your honest inputs please

Let's discuss soccer. Analyse Tottenham under Jose Mourinho, defensively, offensively and general wise. What are your honest thoughts about Tottenham's performance under Jose

Let's talk sports
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by AgainstIslam(f): 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
In terms of results, he has been very good. However, the performance has not been good enough except for a few games like against Man U, West Ham and the match they played 1-1 conceding a late penalty at the death.

They have somehow been winning without necessarily convincing enough. A case in point is their last match against Brighton. They were second best for majority of the match but still somehow found a way to win and this has been the theme of their play under Mourinho.

But he was appointed to win matches and he's doing the job for them on that front.

1 Like

Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by mosdii(m): 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
Mourinho first full season at Spurs has been very good and progressing for the now.

With little transfer activity, he has been able to acquire the needed back ups he likes and fancies unlike those he wants and admires.

Sergio Reguilion, Doherty at the defense to give the first choice full backs competition. The new boys are getting it going forward but playing poorly defensively.

The Mourinho we know likes to play tough and compact at the back hence most of the teams he has managed in the past don't concede too many goals.

Tottenham this season are grinding out results from tough oppositions but still blowing out leads in games they ought to have won convincingly or see out.

Spurs midfield is quite better defensively this season compared to last season but lacking creativity this season compared to last season.

The purchase of Hojberg who is a natural number 6 (holding MF) has proven to be a good buy in the middle of the pack but the constant benching of Dele Alli, Harry Winks, Lo Celso who are more forward ball passers and attack minded is telling on the team and is the major setback in the team's inability to create for Kane and Son.

The burden has now fell on Son and Kane to do more of ball winning in the last third of the opposition's half.

The attack too was strengthened with Bale and the other 9 from Benfica.

Overall, Mourinho has impacted the team with competition and how to be competitive.
Spurs squad now is a Challenger and can go all the way to win at least a trophy this season.

The ability to see out games and consistency in performance are just what they need to improve on.
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by RedPhoenix: 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2020
AgainstIslam:
In terms of results, he has been very good. However, the performance has not been good enough except for a few games like against Man U, West Ham and the match they played 1-1 conceding a late penalty at the death.

They have somehow been winning without necessarily convincing enough. A case in point is their last match against Brighton. They were second best for majority of the match but still somehow found a way to win and this has been the theme of their play under Mourinho.

But he was appointed to win matches and he's doing the job for them on that front.

But Tottenham have not been playing as confident as they are currently. And this performance streak has been an item
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by RedPhoenix: 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
mosdii:
Mourinho first full season at Spurs has been very good and progressing for the now.

With little transfer activity, he has been able to acquire the needed back ups he likes and fancies unlike those he wants and admires.

Sergio Reguilion, Doherty at the defense to give the first choice full backs competition. The new boys are getting it going forward but playing poorly defensively.

The Mourinho we know likes to play tough and compact at the back hence most of the teams he has managed in the past don't concede too many goals.

Tottenham this season are grinding out results from tough oppositions but still blowing out leads in games they ought to have won convincingly or see out.

Spurs midfield is quite better defensively this season compared to last season but lacking creativity this season compared to last season.

The purchase of Hojberg who is a natural number 6 (holding MF) has proven to be a good buy in the middle of the pack but the constant benching of Dele Alli, Harry Winks, Lo Celso who are more forward ball passers and attack minded is telling on the team and is the major setback in the team's inability to create for Kane and Son.

The burden has now fell on Son and Kane to do more of ball winning in the last third of the opposition's half.

The attack too was strengthened with Bale and the other 9 from Benfica.

Overall, Mourinho has impacted the team with competition and how to be competitive.
Spurs squad now is a Challenger and can go all the way to win at least a trophy this season.

The ability to see out games and consistency in performance are just what they need to improve on.

Excellent analysis. But, let's not forget, it's Tottenham and the funds a coach can get from club sides like Chelsea and Manchester United aren't the same a coach would get with Tottenham which means, only fewer players and sometimes less desirable players is what the team can settle for.

Notwithstanding, I like how you summarised it that overall, the team seem to be looking upward under his management. What I find hard to swallow is why there isn't much about his impact on the team in the media. It baffles me.

3 Likes

Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by AgainstIslam(f): 2:27pm On Nov 06, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Excellent analysis. But, let's not forget, it's Tottenham and the funds a coach can get from club sides like Chelsea and Manchester United aren't the same a coach would get with Tottenham which means, only fewer players and sometimes less desirable players is what the team can settle for.

Notwithstanding, I like how you summarised it that overall, the team seem to be looking upward under his management. What I find hard to swallow is why there isn't much about his impact on the team in the media. It baffles me.

Make no mistake! Tottenham's performance has been improved under Mourinho but it's still nowhere as good as peak Pochetino's Tottenham.

But he's getting the results now which will later allow him to focus on other areas.

And he's getting enough media attention when compared with the other chasing pack in the Premier League. At least, you do not expect him to get more attention than Guardiola and Klopp at the moment.
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by RedPhoenix: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2020
AgainstIslam:

Make no mistake! Tottenham's performance has been improved under Mourinho but it's still nowhere as good as peak Pochetino's Tottenham.

But he's getting the results now which will later allow him to focus on other areas.

And he's getting enough media attention when compared with the other chasing pack in the Premier League. At least, you do not expect him to get more attention than Guardiola and Klopp at the moment.

I expect him to get more attention in all sincerity. The same way I'm not in total agreement with the comparism with Pochetinno's Tottenham. There was serious inconsistencies in the last season under him that made previous performances looked like fluke.

Tottenham has been consistent in the past 6 months if I'm asked tongue

1 Like

Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by AgainstIslam(f): 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I expect him to get more attention in all sincerity. The same way I'm not in total agreement with the comparism with Pochetinno's Tottenham. There was serious inconsistencies in the last season under him that made previous performances looked like fluke.

Tottenham has been consistent in the past 6 months if I'm asked tongue

Pochetinno spent about 5-6 seasons at Tottenham and experienced decline in the last year of his management there and you call that inconsistency. There is bound to be diminishing return after some time bro. Check Guardiola's last season with Barcelona.

I see you are a Mourinho fan and you definitely want his praises to be sung by the media. I used to be his fan like you until I came to realise he's brute, arrogant and disrespectful.

Unfortunately, these are qualities I completely detest. I like and respect his achievements as a manager, but his personality? Hell no!

1 Like

Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by RedPhoenix: 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
AgainstIslam:

Pochetinno spent about 5-6 seasons at Tottenham and experienced decline in the last year of his management there and you call that inconsistency. There is bound to be diminishing return after some time bro. Check Guardiola's last season with Barcelona.

I see you are a Mourinho fan and you definitely want his praises to be sung by the media. I used to be his fan like you until I came to realise he's brute, arrogant and disrespectful.

Unfortunately, these are qualities I completely detest. I like and respect his achievement as a manager, but his personality? Hell no!

I'm not a Mourinho fan. I like the confidence I see them exuding and the belief the boys have in themselves now. After all Mourinho is using more or less the same team Poche used with less than quality additions. What's the excuse? tongue
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by paulolee(m): 2:54pm On Nov 06, 2020
nothing special....ancelloti is doing more work in everton than mou in totenham bt nobodi is talking bcoz he isnt dt noisy coach..
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by AgainstIslam(f): 3:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I'm not a Mourinho fan. I like the confidence I see them exuding and the belief the boys have in themselves now. After all Mourinho is using more or less the same team Poche used with less than quality additions. What's the excuse? tongue

Less than quality addition? Levy refused to get players for Pochetinno and the team became stale. Do you know how many players Mourinho has signed?

It's been fun discussing football with you bro. I've got attend to some things now.
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by RedPhoenix: 3:13pm On Nov 06, 2020
AgainstIslam:

Less than quality addition? Levy refused to get players for Pochetinno and the team became stale. Do you know how many players Mourinho has signed?

It's been fun discussing football with you bro. I've got attend to some things now.

Lol. Yes. Less than quality additions.

Refused to give Pochetinno additions. Cm on. Even Jose wasn't given free hand outs but squeezed to get free transfer players, low budget additions. With no names prior to coming to Tottenham
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by manden: 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
Join us this weekend on sambadraft.com
Saturday EPL classic and Man City vs Liverpool showdown.

Entry is free and first place takes home 20k for both contests!!

Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by mosdii(m): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2020
RedPhoenix:

The media won't take him serious until he has caused a major upset.
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by RedPhoenix: 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2020
mosdii:

The media won't take him serious until he has caused a major upset.

How easy will that be. Winning the league these days isn't about quality but fluke,luck and happenstance. The tip twelve spots in the EPL had just almost a point in many parts of the table for a long time last season. This isn't magic to just come and win any trophy with less than quality spending. When coaches like Fraudiola are willing to empty the Central Bank of Suleja to buy players.
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by Kellyelly1: 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2020
Spurs ain't doing bad under the special one. The team is playing better these days and are getting the needed results.
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by AgainstIslam(f): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Lol. Yes. Less than quality additions.

Refused to give Pochetinno additions. Cm on. Even Jose wasn't given free hand outs but squeezed to get free transfer players, low budget additions. With no names prior to coming to Tottenham

I'm back!

Tottenham is one or two injuries away from collapsing!
Let Harry Kane and or Heung Min Son get injured, and they are as good as down.
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by AgainstIslam(f): 9:55am On Nov 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:

How easy will that be. Winning the league these days isn't about quality but fluke,luck and happenstance. The tip twelve spots in the EPL had just almost a point in many parts of the table for a long time last season. This isn't magic to just come and win any trophy with less than quality spending. When coaches like Fraudiola are willing to empty the Central Bank of Suleja to buy players.

Guardiola is not a fraud bro. Maybe he's slightly hyped than he deserves but he's certainly a good coach. And "winning the league these days isn't about quality but fluke, luck and happenstance."? Come on, bro.
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by RedPhoenix: 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2020
AgainstIslam:

Guardiola is not a fraud bro. Maybe he's slightly hyped than he deserves but he's certainly a good coach. And "winning the league these days isn't about quality but fluke, luck and happenstance."? Come on, bro.

tongue In Britain, he's popularly known as Fraudiola
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by oyatainer(m): 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2020
RedPhoenix:

tongue In Britain, he's popularly known as Fraudiola

If it is that easy to spend big and win, Mourinho would still be at United as a coach now.

If it is that easy to spend big and wín, we shall see what Lampard will do at Chelsea.

The pressure is always on any coach that spend and Guardiola managed the pressure very well to win nothing less than seven trophies in four years.

The time Mourinho left United, Guardiola just spent 60 million pounds than him but Mourinho's management of players was appalling, hence the sack.
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by puremaker7(m): 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
still playing shity
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by AgainstIslam(f): 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2021
RedPhoenix:
How will you rate Tottenham under Mourinho?

Your honest inputs please

Let's discuss soccer. Analyse Tottenham under Jose Mourinho, defensively, offensively and general wise. What are your honest thoughts about Tottenham's performance under Jose

Let's talk sports

Remember this moniker?

What says thee about current Tottenham's form?
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by uthlaw: 12:03am On Feb 14, 2021
AgainstIslam:

Unfortunately, these are qualities I completely detest. I like and respect his achievements as a manager, but his personality? Hell no!
na Mourinho fan him be...poche play 5 season mostly second position at the end of the season, champions league final....that now is telling us that Tottenham is now competitive under Mourinho....na rubish talk!
Re: Tottenham - The Mourinho Factor by uthlaw: 12:06am On Feb 14, 2021
RedPhoenix:

go sign player oga and stop giving us yeye excuse!

(1) (Reply)

Now I Have Gotten The Best Sportybet Balance Adder / Awka City Stadium Now New Base For Enugu Rengers(video) / Learn How I Predict 3 + Odds Accurately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.